PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem with the igntion harness

integar94
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
If i cut a ignition wire from the ignition harness under the steering wheel and start the car, would that cause any short of some sort? I ask this because when i took off the whole harness itself, the car would crank but wont start. Than, i cut my ignition wire, dont ask why, and plug the harness in. Now the car wont crank. None of the gauge light even come on now. Than i took the whole harness out again and nothing happen when i turn the key. Any suggestion? :thinking:

Kaiser
12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
If i cut a ignition wire from the ignition harness under the steering wheel and start the car, would that cause any short of some sort? I ask this because when i took off the whole harness itself, the car would crank but wont start. Than, i cut my ignition wire, dont ask why, and plug the harness in. Now the car wont crank. None of the gauge light even come on now. Than i took the whole harness out again and nothing happen when i turn the key. Any suggestion? :thinking:

I have a feeling that what you're looking for is "How do I hotwire a car?" or "Hotwiring a car for Dummies."

But the answer to your question is: If you cut the ignition wire, then your car won't start because power is sent along the ignition wires during....ignition. O_o Re-attach the wire either with a clip connector, soldering or just wrapping the stripped ends of the wire together with electrical tape and reconnect your ignition harness. If all your parts are in good working order, and you have the key to your car, your car should start then.

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 12:35 AM
if you reconnected the wires and it still isn't cranking check all your fuses... because the wire may have touched a ground when it was dangling...

integar94
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Yea Thank sired94, the wire was moving around and short out...Guess i gotta be more careful next time.

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
no prob...