PDA

View Full Version : How is your relationship with your parents?

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I've noticed a trend (well at least as far as the vast majority of people I know)

lol yes and this thread is going to get racial so don't get your panties in a bunch... its not proven statistically or nothing jsut some observations that I've seen with my group of friends and/or ppl I know....

Asians(azns and durkas) and hispanics = mad respect for parents, somewhat fearful of them, but love 'em.... Seldom rebellious. Mixed relations with grandparents. (from what I see) For the most part are not so open with parents do not share a lot.

Black people (African american) = mad respect and love, mad fear of parents, rarely rebellious (well openly) I've noticed that most black people I know love their moms to another level, but are sometimes so-so with their fathers (whether biological or not). Very loving of their grandparents for the most part.

Black people (Recent generation African Immigrant) = see azn/durka/ hispanic, lol but multiply fear of parents by 50.

white people = lol you guys know it was leading to this... but yeah it is a mixed up category. Some are as rebellious, and disrespectful as can be, some are somewhat respectful (to be honest, I've never seen a white friend who was extremely respectful towards their parents, but with my jdm culture and etc extreme respect is something you rarely even see here). Some people try to stray away and cut ties from their parents as much as possible and hate them with a passion (people who haven't even spoken to their parents in years- this I can not understand)... And then some who are on a completely different type of relationship with their parents, have completely open conversations about ANYTHING, do illicit drugs together (how a parent can do this, I have no idea, but I have seen it many times- I've only seen white people have these relationships personally, but I'm sure other races have done it before, but from what I see you cokazns are leading in the smoke sessions/parents), etc... I don't see how someone can hate their parents with a passion, regardless of what they have done.

AND NO THIS DOES NOT REPRESENT EVERYONE, THIS IS JUST FROM WHAT I SEE FROM THE PEOPLE AROUND ME/ I GREW UP WITH. ;)

I guess its a cultural/upbringing thing?

Me personally, have a fairly respectful relationship, etc etc..

What about you guys?

Z33_kid
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
hmmm

chevy_man
12-09-2007, 06:17 PM
my relationship with my mother was great, now my dad umm..... yeah all i got to say is hes a drug addict and a major alcoholic

Deke
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm white. I'm care about and love both of my parents very much. I even like spending time around them. :) My dad has an office in Atlanta and stays with me in my apartment whenever he is up here. It's totally cool with me. I have a fairly open relationship with my parents (a little more so with my dad) but not to the extent were I feel comfortable talking about (or participating in) illegal drugs. My Dad knows that I've smoked pot before, as I know he had back in his teens/20s, but he certainly doesn't condone it. I'll talk about drinking and alcohol with my parents, but never sexual encounters or anything, lol.

But yeah, I'm not really emotionally dependent on them (I would have no problem taking a job far away from here whenever I graduate), but at the same time it's not at all like I'm itching to get away or anything. I love both of my parents and like them as people as well.

I know a lot of my white friends are like this too. Granted I know some that aren't, but almost all of my good friends are like this.

The Yousef
12-09-2007, 06:25 PM
white people ftl.

Crazy Asian
12-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Hasan your wrong about asian kids well to a degree. Most asian kids in Cali are mad rebellious. If your 14-20 or a pastor's kid you were always freaking blazing ,going out till 4 in the morning, getting ****ed up, randomly beatin the **** out of ppl, and then getting arrested. You didnt give a damn **** about what you did...and you would always yell at your parents. ya that was me but then I turned 18 after graduating and I realized "Fudge this sucks. My parent's are tight." They still loved me and even moved their house to the college I was going too.

Crazy Asian
12-09-2007, 06:37 PM
And some of these 14-20 are wannabe gangsters. LOL best part is when there confronted by the police and gonna be arrested they cry like little babies screaming "Oh god my dad's gonna kill me." or "PLEASE IM SORRY DOTN TAKE ME TO JAIL!!"

Bruce Leroy
12-09-2007, 06:45 PM
You are one observant mo-fo hassan... why don't you write a book....

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
You are one observant mo-fo hassan... why don't you write a book....i should
lol

im gonna be the first person to write a book in online talk... with like LOL

So then i walked into the room and was like wtf who ate all of my cocopuffs, so then Tom was like I dunno, and i was like stfu b1tch, or i'll pwnz0r j0u. So then I tied Tom up and set him ablaze. When the cops arrived, they learned that he did DIAF. Nah Mean?

Double_0_Rusty
12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm white, and I have a great and open relationship with my parents. I am still at home with them, but I don't get to spend too much time with them, as we all work mad crazy hours at work. When I was younger, I had a 3 month faze where I couldn't stand them, for no reason. I love my parents. I love them even more for the fact that they adopted me when I was 1 day old. They were all most to the point of being poor, but they took me in and gave me an amazing upbringing. I would give my life, to have my parents live forever. I was never overly rebelious, but I did do my share of bad things, and they kept loving me the same, no matter what. Oh yeah, I have mad respect for my grandparents, they are awesome and I love them too.

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I would give my life, to have my parents live forever. .

same here, i am overly overprotective of my loved ones.

tony
12-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Black and my relationship with my parents is kind of blah.. I have always respected them and would never think of disrespecting them in any kind of way.

ubers2k
12-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm white, but I've had a ****ed up relationship with both my mom and dad since I was 6. It's a complicated story, and I'm not going into much detail about it, but I hate being here at home. I don't exactly like being home, and that stems from the fact that he just got married back in May.

He got married to a Russian woman... A mail-order bride, if you will, and she has a 12 year old kid.

It's the most awkward situation I've ever been in. Period.

My relationship with my mom on the other hand... Her husband tried to kill me and she actually took his side. I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about that. I love my mom, but will never go back over to that house because of that *******.

Ruiner
12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
My parents are still married and I have a great relationship with both of them. Oh, I'm a 31yr old, college graduate, business professional, educated white boy.

My father is a lawyer and my mother is a school teacher.

OneSlow5pt0
12-09-2007, 07:34 PM
im white.......and my parents are divorced and i chose not to live with either one of them,i love them..just dont wanna live with them and have to move,they both have made terrible choices,so im fine where im at

Double_0_Rusty
12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
same here, i am overly overprotective of my loved ones.

Troof.

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
My parents are still married and I have a great relationship with both of them. Oh, I'm a 31yr old, college graduate, business professional, educated white boy.

My father is a lawyer and my mother is a school teacher.yeah education level DEFINITELY plays a great role in everything

(not to say those in dysfunctional households/families are uneducated or nothing)

isa2o3
12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Hasan your wrong about asian kids well to a degree. Most asian kids in Cali are mad rebellious. If your 14-20 or a pastor's kid you were always freaking blazing ,going out till 4 in the morning, getting ****ed up, randomly beatin the **** out of ppl, and then getting arrested. You didnt give a damn **** about what you did...and you would always yell at your parents. ya that was me but then I turned 18 after graduating and I realized "Fudge this sucks. My parent's are tight." They still loved me and even moved their house to the college I was going too.

yo ur right. hasan must have noce asian friends that i dont ever see. But i have seen some that r rebellious to a diferent level.

isa2o3
12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
You are one observant mo-fo hassan... why don't you write a book....

lol, lol, lol lo. u described him in one word. At i wonder wat got him to think of this all of a sudden.

changaroo
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
i believe most of it comes from culture, each has and holds different values. and those values influence how people are brought up and ultimately, what kind of people they become.

like you mentioned above, thats how it is with most races, but that doesnt mean there are exceptional cases. naw meen?

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
yo ur right. hasan must have noce asian friends that i dont ever see. But i have seen some that r rebellious to a diferent level.not being rebellious doesn't mean that they are good, it just means that they are not rebellious. If they're going to do something that their parents dont want them to, they'll do it behind their back or something... Rebellion = "I refuse to live with you mom, you won't let me smoke weed like you did back in the day" - says the little white boy... or Korean Parent: "You gonna be engineeoh when yew gro up, iz dis undor stood?" Korean kid "Yes Master, I shall hadoken thy physics teach0rz" --> As the kid drops all of his science classes and changes his major to finance. <<-- He's not really rebelling, just being disobedient.

LOLOL

_Christian_
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
white ppl are crazy. it has everything to do with upbringing. i think white ppl dont discipline their children enough when they are younger and then put restrictions on them later so the kids are like fcuk that and it snowballs from there. every other race will beat the sh!t out of their kids, but lighten up as they grow into adulthood and let them make their own decisions.

RandomGuy
12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
white ppl are crazy. it has everything to do with upbringing. i think white ppl dont discipline their children enough when they are younger and then put restrictions on them later so the kids are like fcuk that and it snowballs from there. every other race will beat the sh!t out of their kids, but lighten up as they grow into adulthood and let them make their own decisions.you're generalizing a little, because it won't apply to ALL white parents...

Not even for the most part, but if you put it like this, the percentage of the kids who ARE those "rebellious, disrespectful, anti-parent, etc" kids (from my observations) the majority of them are white... Maybe this could be because of the white population compared to other populations? Maybe this could actually be because of upbringing? Maybe even my location? Who knows but yeah Thats def a good hypothesis...
plz put it in if...then format kthxbai... lolol

Deke
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
white ppl are crazy. it has everything to do with upbringing. i think white ppl dont discipline their children enough when they are younger and then put restrictions on them later so the kids are like fcuk that and it snowballs from there. every other race will beat the sh!t out of their kids, but lighten up as they grow into adulthood and let them make their own decisions.

Super edit:

Haha for some reason that struck a nerve with me and I kind of went into a stereotyping rant. Regardless, like the op said, that's a pretty damn big generalization.

Reaper
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Im white...I love and respect my parents very much. I am here because of them, it wouldn't be right if it were any different. Plus it helps that they are cool as hell in most aspects and my grandparents as well.

My grandparents are VERY old fashioned so if ANY lack of respect is shown, your in deep **** in there house lol

but I do hear ya on how alot of white families aren't very close....Especially the spoiled little ****s...extreme lack of respect...in most cases

_Christian_
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
you're generalizing a little, because it won't apply to ALL white parents...

Not even for the most part, but if you put it like this, the percentage of the kids who ARE those "rebellious, disrespectful, anti-parent, etc" kids (from my observations) the majority of them are white... Maybe this could be because of the white population compared to other populations? Maybe this could actually be because of upbringing? Maybe even my location? Who knows but yeah Thats def a good hypothesis...
plz put it in if...then format kthxbai... lolol
lol. it is very generalized so therefor it can't apply to all, but it is supported by my observations growing up. this includes kids that were adopter by parents of another race. either way, children become the product of their environment and as you stated different cultures/races follow similar trends.

Lizbiz101
12-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I guess I'm an exceptional case, cuz I'm black and my dad and I are close I love him to death, but me and my mom rarely talk to eachother, when we do talk I can only talk to her for at most 30 mins before she starts telling me how she doesn't want to talk to me (to make a long story short) lol

magneto198
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
mine is GREAT! i call em everyday

Schugg
12-09-2007, 11:01 PM
i love and care for them, wish i could go back to georgia and be closer to them. but for some reason i never call them. and when they call i never really talk for some reason. to be honest i feel like a piece of sh1t.

TheGodfather
12-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm white. We are all Italian in my family, and Italian families are very tight knit, loving, and caring.

All the kids respect their parents and get along with them in my family, and I love my parents to death.

So another voice for white people getting alot with their parents.

Crazy Asian
12-10-2007, 01:18 AM
not being rebellious doesn't mean that they are good, it just means that they are not rebellious. If they're going to do something that their parents dont want them to, they'll do it behind their back or something... Rebellion = "I refuse to live with you mom, you won't let me smoke weed like you did back in the day" - says the little white boy... or Korean Parent: "You gonna be engineeoh when yew gro up, iz dis undor stood?" Korean kid "Yes Master, I shall hadoken thy physics teach0rz" --> As the kid drops all of his science classes and changes his major to finance. <<-- He's not really rebelling, just being disobedient.
LOLOL

Um that bold part would equivalte to massive beating and possible death. Unless there parents are laid back then they probably wont do anything. My parents only went into super sonic mode when they caught me doing stupid ****. they werent really big into academics cuz what there theory is "How dumb can you get by showing off yours son and daughter cuz they got A's? Pfft in 10 year if they end up working and get 35K a year Im gonna laugh my ass off." OOO my mom was a cold woman.

redrumracer
12-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Im white and have a pretty open relationship with my parents, hell i still live with them(hey free housing and food while i go to school so i cant complain.) but i dont do any illegal drugs. and i respect my parents a lot. the rest of my family on the other hand i cant really stand, mainly because they dont have any integrity which i find highly important.

BB6dohcvtec
12-10-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm Black and me and my parents get along perfectly.their is a little lack of respect shown on my part sometimes, but thats just because i like to learn things on my own.

fucksohc
12-10-2007, 01:25 AM
my relationship with my mom is great!

me and my dad dont get along to well tho...(we hate each other) lol

3.5altman
12-10-2007, 01:54 AM
im black, me and my mom have a good relationship. Yes im scared of her cause she will cuss me out and pop me when i get out of line. But i have respect for her she raised me to be a very mannerable young man. As far as my dad goes, I got something for his ***** ass

TIGERJC
12-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I am Black

I love my mom , but her and my relationship went south when she remarried. She sides with her new husband on everything and I dont like how she caters to his whiny ass

I haven't been over to my dad's house in over a year. I usually only see him 1-3 times a year, even though he lives 20 mins from me. I just hope I am still in his will, b/c I would love to get his company once he kicks the bucket

VooDooXII
12-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm Indian...it's only bad when it comes to school, women, or whether I've eaten yet.

Crazy Asian
12-10-2007, 06:10 AM
YOU ATE COW!!! YOU WILL PERISH IN HELL!!!!!

VooDooXII
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
YOU ATE COW!!! YOU WILL PERISH IN HELL!!!!!

Many times over.

bastarling84
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I fall in the "can talk about anything with their parents category." Sometimes my mom will ask me what I did the night before or some question she will not want the answer to and I just respond with "Think about what you said. Do you really want to know?" She will usually reply to that with "okay, nevermind" because she knows I will tell her.

VooDooXII
12-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I get along with my parents...but they're from India, and due to culture clash of there and the US, there are a lot of things I just don't feel comfortable talking to them about...mostly dating and such. I'm very close with my extended family too though.

Sol-Badguy
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm white and I'm 20. My parents divorced late last year.

I was always pretty comfortable around my parents, until my dad got "cancer." At least, that's what I was told for the last 6 years up until recently when I found out the truth.

Once my parents split up, I could see the kind of people they really are.

My mom is awesome. She's happy, moving on with her life, and I actually work at the same company she does now. She is doing her best to live her life to the fullest.

My dad, on the other hand, is a depressed crybaby who wants attention and can't seem to take care of himself. I go to see him at his house every now and then, and help him with things around the house. I love him, but I barely respect him/life him anymore.

GSRtegŪ
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I must agree on what you said there bro everything seems in its right place.

Kelly
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm white... and am super close to my parents.

I'm also an only child. I'm the princess :D

VooDooXII
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
The only problem I have with my parents is that it seems like they don't know when to let go. I'm 19 yea, and I can understand their concern. I can make smart choices though, but I always feel like they're trying to keep their eye on me whenever they can.

Oh well, the more stuff I really start handling on my own, the less they'll hover over me, hopefully.

Sol-Badguy
12-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I must agree on what you said there bro everything seems in its right place.
Cpare oto elasbotrate on exwactly who yhou're otalrking toe?

:lmfao:

SampaGuy
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
mine has been good ever since ive moved out

Bballjamal
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I am Black

I love my mom , but her and my relationship went south when she remarried. She sides with her new husband on everything and I dont like how she caters to his whiny ass

Same here x1000000

He's a self proclaimed know it all as far as anything mechanical wise goes. My mom holds her masters degree in business and makes much more money than him but she still takes his opinions on dumb sh.it. He basically downs every attempt at me getting another car and because I paid for my car (80%) in my moms name she won't give me the title until this fock agrees to something. :2up:

Me and the moms are always at each others neck because she feels she needs to decide on my future as far as what I'm doing in school (major) and the house I'm attempting to have by late next year. I just need to dipset out this place ASAP lol