PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump still not cutting on

killerdx
12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I just put my swap into my car finally, but of course im having trouble either getting the fuel pump to come on or stay on. I swaped fuel pumps out last night with a new one. It started doing this before i blew my last motor. I dont know if there is a ground missing or what. When the fuel pump stops working my gas gauge also wont read, so the gas needle will drop down below E. Im working on it now so if someone who has had this problem b4 or anyone that knows maybe what i should check, lmk. + reps for someone who can give me a check list of some things to look for that might fix the problem.

killerdx
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
come on yall, i know someone can tell me where to start lookin. Im thinkin its a ground, via tha cutting on and off, but could anyone name some grounds that i might be missing

Vteckidd
12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
does the CEL come on then cut off?

In hondas, when you turn the key to the ON position, the CEL should come on, the go CLICK an turn off.

if it doesnt do that, then your ECU has no power to it for some reason.

if you dont here the CLICK, then the main relay could be bad

killerdx
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
well right now the pump is not cutting on, but i am still hearing the click noise! does that mean im losing power somewhere to the fuel pump :thinking:

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 12:55 AM
take your main relay out and take the cover off of it and see if any of the pins that protrude through the board have unsoldered themselves....

SiRed94
12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
it may click and still be a bad main relay.... also do the same check for the fuel pump to the green yellow wire on the main relay... and Pin A7 at the ecu to make sure you know where you are getting power to... start with the ecu first and work your way back...