PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! S-10 Fuel issues

Sack Attack
12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I have a 93 s-10 4.3 v6
I've had it about a week, Dude I got it from ran it out of gas the day before I bought it.

He put gas in it and its been running good then the problems started.....

The other day it shut off on me, I cranked it right back up and then it died 2 more times at idle right after that. If you rev it any at all it runs perfect, and sometimes it will idle fine, then sometimes it will die at idle.

I changed the fuel filter which was VERY dirty, Dropped the tank, Its very clean, No trash. Fuel pump is working fine, Lines have been blown out, What is happening is it will run fine then just die, I look at the injectors while turning it over (throttle body) and the injectors are not pumping fuel. If I spray carb cleaner or starting fluid in it it will fire right up and then they start pumping again and when you rev it they pump a lot so I know its not clogged injectors or lines etc. I dont know what is telling the injectors not to pump when just trying to crank but it only does it sometimes, other times the truck runs perfect. Anyone know what that could be?

quickdodgeŽ
12-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Well you came to the right place for help.

Lolol. Later, QD.

SE-Rious1
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
injectors dirty
or bad signal from mixture control

AnthonyF
12-08-2007, 10:31 PM
do they use Crank angle sensors on that year s10? if so, check that.

silversol
12-09-2007, 12:31 AM
check the relay if it not priming when you hit the key

AnthonyF
12-09-2007, 12:34 AM
^^ good point. those go bad a lot. start the vehicle and tap on the relay see if it affects the running condition.