PDA

View Full Version : Time to rile everyone up

RandomGuy
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Its not peanutbutter its doo doo baby

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/08/double-dipping-nhtsa-providing-prizes-for-police-to-write-ticke/
lolol

Federal Gas Tax Money Fuels Ticket Quotas Nationwide
Law enforcement agencies across the country are encouraged to write tickets with prizes paid for by federal gas tax dollars.

Ticket campaign winnerThe National Highway Transportation Safety Agency (NHTSA) diverts federal gas tax revenue to offer incentives for local police to increase the number of traffic tickets written. In South Carolina, for example, the state police on Tuesday presented six new, fully-equipped police cruisers to local agencies with the best traffic citation performance. A NHTSA grant paid for the Dodge Chargers as well as the other gifts and prizes offered. Although organizers assert that the incentive program is solely motivated by safety, the South Carolina celebration was held just two days after one of the state's most deadly travel weekends in recent memory. Overall this year, traffic fatalities stand at 987 this year, up from 974 in the first eleven months of 2006.

The Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) likewise participates in the NHTSA-funded National Law Enforcement Challenge. Last month, it chose to hand the departments with the most high-profile ticketing efforts either a Harley Davidson Road King motorcycle or a Dodge Magnum with a police pursuit package that includes "a HEMI engine with cold air induction and a Borla exhaust system." Local agencies work hard to earn these prizes.

"When we first announced this custom-equipped car at the Governor's Challenge event in September, we had a standing-room-only crowd straining to see the pursuit vehicle," GOHS Deputy Director Spencer Moore said.

Agencies must provide National Law Enforcement Challenge Award review panels with ticket counts for their application to be complete. An agency will lose points if it fails to mention that it operates a "zero tolerance" no-warning policy. Educational efforts and new training methods can also earn rewards, but it is clear from the sampling of 2004 and 2005 winners listed below that coming up with a new way to ticket motorists in a covert fashion is the most common way to earn a department a new police cruiser:

* "Police officers dress as Santa Claus in Moreno Valley, California to work crosswalks near schools." Those who drive too closely to Santa get a ticket.
* Florida Highway Patrol's "Operation Hardhat" used police disguised as highway workers to issue tickets.
* Kissimmee and Osceola County, Florida police "use patrol officers dressed as tourists, homeless people, bucket truck operators and disabled motorists to catch violators with radar."
* Caledonia, Vermont sheriff's office "hands out packages of mini donuts to motorists" who wear seatbelts when approaching a ticketing roadblock.
* On "Maroon Day" every single member of the Minnesota State Patrol, regardless of rank or duty, is required to issue traffic tickets.
* Arizona state police became "certified" in the use of force to draw blood from motorists suspected of DUI on the side of the road.
* "Utilizing an unmarked van equipped with speed measurement devices, camera equipment and interactive computers, a Maryland Trooper covertly documents violations."
* San Carlos, California sets up the neighborhood "pace car" program where citizen participants pledge to block any traffic attempting to drive over the speed limit.
* Colorado Springs, Colorado police set up roadblocks to ticket motorists who choose not to or neglect to wear a seatbelt.
* Atlanta, Georgia is rewarded for using aircraft to write "zero tolerance" speeding tickets and Fairfax, Virginia for setting up roadblocks.
* Sixty-five Washington DC area agencies won for the "Smooth Operator" ticketing blitz.
* Stafford County, Virginia created "enhanced fine" zones for greater ticketing revenue.
* Burlington, Vermont handed citizens radar guns so they can issue warning notices to their neighbors.
* Fort Campbell, Kentucky police officers receive commander coins for making "an extra effort in enforcement." The coin can be turned in for a free day off.
* Washington state police used five fixed-wing Cessnas to write speeding tickets.
* DeKalb County, Georgia agencies won for its "one hundred days of summer HEAT" ticketing campaign.

§treet_§peed
12-08-2007, 05:07 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6td9tsg.jpg

Julio
12-08-2007, 05:15 PM
lol.. atleast they are not hidding ****.... ganssssta...straight up bitches.

§treet_§peed
12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
http://i23.tinypic.com/2usy910.jpg

Deke
12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Well doesn't that just suck.

Bballjamal
12-08-2007, 05:24 PM
All I know is that they were surely out in newnan last night. Unmarked F150 and Expeditions pulling 2-3 cars over at a time. I didn't know what was going on though. Thought they got word of some drug movement or something as I accidently sped by a couple of them as they were tucked in a ditch.

Leadfoot_mf
12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
i have a simple solution.......drive the speed limit.

OneSlow5pt0
12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
i have a simple solution.......drive the speed limit.

u think that will work...cause u know how many times people get pulled over for doing nothing:rolleyes:

Leadfoot_mf
12-08-2007, 10:41 PM
u think that will work...cause u know how many times people get pulled over for doing nothing:rolleyes:
well if your white in your 30's or older and have a proper vehicle you should be fine. :goodjob:

BKgen®
12-08-2007, 10:43 PM
cliffs.

Spektrewing386
12-08-2007, 11:02 PM
most times the speed limit is more of a speed minimum or else you pose as a threat to the road if going on or at the limit (285, most highways). hell they were made in during the 'gas crisis' decade in order to converse gas and when most cars couldnt pull a .5g on the skidpad.

ksniperfox
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
wow. police giving radars to people so they can issue their neighbors warnings? **** off...

'pace car' program? people can block others who speed. what a crock of ****.

"B"
12-09-2007, 09:29 AM
It seems to me that if you don't speed around Atlanta, you are in more danger of getting into an accident because everyone else is speeding past you.

BlkCD5
12-09-2007, 09:35 AM
"a HEMI engine with cold air induction and a Borla exhaust system." Local agencies work hard to earn these prizes.

I can just see some douche cop with that vehicle thinking his **** is the fastest. :eye:

Evil Goat
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM

ive never been pulled over for doing nothing. ive driven modified cars since day one and have never been harrassed or simply pulled over for no reason. it has always been justified. and if you feel you were ever pulled over for no reason then grow a set and ask wtf's going on.

i dont see a problem with being rewarded for doing your job, it's their job to catch us, if they do it more proficiently then more power to them, i like being rewarded for doing my job well....i guess its supposed to be bull**** when its the police officers though right?

turbosx©
12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Thats tru but at the same time that means other things they are supposed to do to are gonna suffer from it. Like reporting to an accident,controlling traffic for a school and yada yada.correct me if im wrong tho.

Evil Goat
12-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Thats tru but at the same time that means other things they are supposed to do to are gonna suffer from it. Like reporting to an accident,controlling traffic for a school and yada yada.correct me if im wrong tho.

not all police officers are solely traffic cops. most decent sized cities will have a drug task force, dui task force, response only units (they have nothing to do w/ clocking traffic, in fact most response units will not even have a radar system in the car), and then comes the traffic enforcement. so there will still be police officers to respond to emergencies, control event parking, and monitor gas stations in the hood

you also have to remember that there are city, county, and state officers....so anywhere at any given time there should be an officer ready to respond to anything within minutes

isa2o3
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
hasan study dude. lol. get of ia

turbosx©
12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
not all police officers are solely traffic cops. most decent sized cities will have a drug task force, dui task force, response only units (they have nothing to do w/ clocking traffic, in fact most response units will not even have a radar system in the car), and then comes the traffic enforcement. so there will still be police officers to respond to emergencies, control event parking, and monitor gas stations in the hood

you also have to remember that there are city, county, and state officers....so anywhere at any given time there should be an officer ready to respond to anything within minutes

Yeah I know that but from my understanding the officer doesnt need a speed detection device in order to issue a ticket for speed or issue a traffic ticket.So I believe they're gonna be pushing more tickets so the can win stuff.Also as far as reporting to stuff, the area I live in they seem to take a long time to get to the scene(non urgent stuff).Example: A young lady had ran into the rear of the car.It took the officer a good 45min to get there. This has happen many time(officer taking for ever to get there).Now Im not saying there is nothing wrong with trying to win stuff.It just that it usually takes away from other things.