PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Turbo Diesel Programmers

GAtegs
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Tell me what you guys know about these things. Looking to get a nice programmer for a 6.0 Powerstroke. We are currently looking at the Edge Products Evolution, something by SCT and something by PPE.

What can you guys tell me?

GAtegs
12-07-2007, 11:04 PM
A little background info.

It is a 2005 F-350 Harley Davidson with right at 100k miles. The truck is in excellent condition and shows no signs of wear or abuse.

While the programmers certainly all add tremendous amounts of power, we are more concerned with improved fuel economy. Sure, it would be nice to have some more power, but we are looking for the "best of both worlds" as in some more power, but with a setting for fuel economy, too.

To the person that mantion going back to stock, the units we are looking at (Edge, SCT, PPE) all have a stock setting where I believe it saves the stock setting so it can be reverted back to at the push of a button.

I am also VERY new to all of this which is the main reason I am coming to you guys, so if I am not understanding something or saying something incorrect, feel free to correct me.

wannab20hatch
12-07-2007, 11:15 PM
im in the market for a super duty so any info would help me to.

BlkCD5
12-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Just checked out their site and they're looking for some vehicles to test. :ninja: