PDA

View Full Version : Your Career

TallGuy
12-07-2007, 10:24 AM
So how many people actually have the career they always wanted?

Spektrewing386
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
a very good question.

my dream job is...
(1)fighter pilot = but you dont have a very good chance at getting it
(2)race car driver = you gotta get a shifter cart at like 10 years old, but i can always do amatur racing.
(3)get paid to travel to the exotic places of the world (with me as pilot).

ill probably get a job that tries to mesh those into 1.

The Ninja
12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
1) Professional Educated Bum = Gotta come into numerous millions of dollars so I can finish my education and just chill for the rest of my life.
2) Network Administrator / Database Administrator = Hopefully I can get an IT internship soon, and get hired by a big company or an upcoming company making big bucks
3) Teach English to students in Japan = I've just started considering this...

Spektrewing386
12-07-2007, 05:41 PM
you signature is seizure giving

Leadfoot_mf
12-07-2007, 06:17 PM
a very good question.

my dream job is...
(2)race car driver = you gotta get a shifter cart at like 10 years old, but i can always do amatur racing.

ill probably get a job that tries to mesh those into 1.
so your are going to race planes to exotic places :goodjob: kick ass

Whiteboy™
12-07-2007, 06:19 PM
i will let you know after 20080813

Spektrewing386
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
so your are going to race planes to exotic places :goodjob: kick ass

not everyone wants to grow up to be a cubicle rat.

most likley im going to work for some aircraft company, or something that involves flying.

Elbow
12-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm still getting there...

redrumracer
12-08-2007, 01:27 AM
A) Astronaut (lots of work to do this and extremely hard, once i have done this i can die because this is my goal in life.)
B)Test Pilot for the Air Force
C)Fighter Pilot

in that order

MIKE.P
12-08-2007, 06:20 PM
i have the career i have always wanted..owning a performance shop!! it has always been my dream.. although to me its not about the money/ mini fame...it about the love for doing it, the love of meeting new people.. and the feeling of satisfied customers never gets old!!!

Magnus213
12-08-2007, 06:55 PM
1. Engineer for Ferrari
2. Engineer for someone else high-performance.

So far I'm on the right track.

RUSH
12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Cant really say Im in the career I wanted but I do like it a lot(Design/build/sell homes)

I have big plans coming up though that is gonna make a lot of people happy! Just got to get rid of some houses and land before hand......

Brick
12-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Realistically, I'm at a job that I could easily turn into a good career. What do I want? Something totally different. However, I'm stuck- but stuck with something a lot of people try for; good pay, benefits, and job security so I'm riding it out.

KPowerEP3
12-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I'll let you know once I get off my ass, go back to school and graduate. But here's the rundown:

Design arms/weapons and make big money selling to the government
Design engines for, well, anything
Engineer for an F1/GT race team

JDMirza
12-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Definently want to be a Race Car Engineer, don't matter for what "big" known companies.

SouthSide Tay
12-15-2007, 10:16 AM
1)race car (factory test driver)
2)own my own high performance shop

I never actually got to be in the career that i wanted but i am now trying to incorprated the job that i am most skilled at into the high performance automotive field

cactusEG
12-15-2007, 11:03 PM
So how many people actually have the career they always wanted?

not yet.. but i'm plaing on going back to school very soon :goodjob: * stalker is going to reply to this*

GIXXERDK
12-16-2007, 09:38 AM
1. Engineer for Ferrari
2. Engineer for someone else high-performance.

So far I'm on the right track.
The lead engineer graduated from Georgia Tech, I remember he came and did a lecture to ME's.

sirkus
12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I want to win the lottery.

Some job that's fairly stress free where I make 70k+ working 40 hours or less a week.
Or work as a musician of some sort. Not a rock star, but say.. being in a band/symphony of some sorts.

Clegger
12-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised nobody else has said this yet? And I'm sure most of the people in here play video games!

I have my dream job already. I work for Sony Online Entertainment as a Quality Assurance Technician a.k.a. I'm a video game tester.

I'm going to school for a Game Simulation and Programming degree so when I get my degree I can become a video game developer and then maybe someday make my own games, not just games for the company that I work for.

Elbow
12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Interesting careers on IA!

kwillsksu
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
a very good question.

my dream job is...

Red Bull Air Race FTW

Elbow
12-17-2007, 10:37 AM
^True.

BTW I am going for number 2 on that list, so far on the right path.

santacruz77
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
i want to own my own shop..... im on the right track working at the car wash! lmao

ksniperfox
12-17-2007, 04:07 PM
not yet.. but i'm plaing on going back to school very soon :goodjob: * stalker is going to reply to this*

funny how you say that because you know everyone hates you. and now you have to have a pre-emptive strike for potential comebacks to your post.

so what are you going to school for? english? cack sucking 2.0? landscaping you dirty mexican? nobody wants to hire you..and you dont have a real job. you just work with a day crew cuttin grass and **** right?

quickdodge®
12-17-2007, 04:37 PM
funny how you say that because you know everyone hates you. and now you have to have a pre-emptive strike for potential comebacks to your post.

so what are you going to school for? english? cack sucking 2.0? landscaping you dirty mexican? nobody wants to hire you..and you dont have a real job. you just work with a day crew cuttin grass and **** right?

Lolol. Quoted to bring this back around. He may not understand what we're typing because we're using correct English grammar.

But what would be the use in him going back to school. I'm sure he didn't spend all his time studying what flunked him out of school the last time. He spent all that time at various buffet tables. Later, QD.

MachNU
12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
**** either!

1. Own a large Ford/Chevy/Nissan/Subaru Dealership. Either one of those four works!
2. Finish school and become a business attroney
3. Own a performance shop!

Each of my three are realistic! just going to take time! :dunno:

Elbow
12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
i want to own my own shop..... im on the right track working at the car wash! lmao

Car wash is a JOB not part of a career path ;) You are on the right path, follow in Theresas foot steps and you are bound for success.

santacruz77
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
lmao yup.

bandydesign
12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
For me:
1)Own a custom shop
2)Work for on the design engineering team for an automaker.

Im on the way to a co-op for Honda and Im starting up a shop with a friend of mine so I guess I could say im on track.

Ciao_Bella
12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
I Want To Get Into Advertising -- My Dream Is To Be The Creative Mind Behind Super Bowl Commercials.

I Have A Marketing Degree But So Does Everybody & Their Momma So I Hardly Consider It A Step In The Right Direction... And My Current "Career" Is Hardly Taking Me There. :(

Perhaps More School? :thinking:

KPowerEP3
12-21-2007, 02:35 AM
**** either!

1. Own a large Ford/Chevy/Nissan/Subaru Dealership. Either one of those four works!
2. Finish school and become a business attroney
3. Own a performance shop!

Each of my three are realistic! just going to take time! :dunno:

BIG money in dealerships if they're of any size at all, but a huge pain in the ass. When I was selling cars, the son of the owner, who was also a partial owner kind of took me under his wing or whatever, and I know he was forever dealing with some crazy stuff.

Allstar3.8T
12-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I have had what could have been 3 great careers, but ditched them all.
1. Chic fil A. I started as a normal grunt, ended up teaching store operators and managment how to work the machines and make the food. Traveled a little, and had a solid foundation to get a store or two later. Quit because the pay then was not great.
2. Residential Electrician. 10 years, started knowing nada, ended up a supervisor over 80+ people, and 17 crews. Quit because the owner was acting sketchy about me getting my license, and was not going to give me any more compensation.
3. Real estate. Got my license, and sold land/commercial ...$3.3 mil in 06... The market crashed and now I use my license to manage community associations, and hate every day of it, and the pay blows....just enough to not quit, but not enough to stay.
At 35, its hard to not look back w/ regrets.....thats the goal in the future, stick to the plans, try to avoid regrets.

95alty
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
1) Join the Marine Corps
2) Become an Infantry Officer or Aviator
3) Retire and kick back in some country i helped take over and enslave the people

Well #1 is complete, #2 will be finished in May of 2010, and #3 is a while from now but im on the right track :)

LiL PaKi
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
ever since 10th grade i wanted to be an accountant...

got the career.... I am an accountant

blaknoize
12-28-2007, 02:38 PM
1. To be a Computer Engineer or Graphic's Engineer
2. Would be to work for Google doing that, without MOVING to California.
3. To be the first blak person to create and own his own car company (thats a long shot... to much captial involved)

1. I'm on the right track, just got myself into school FOR FUKIN FREE and I'm studing in Computer Engineering Tech.
2. Comes after 1 is complete, but GOD... 4 years... :(
3. Now this is odd, cuz it has nothing at all to do with my career, but I would like to see just how well my ideas would sell to the public, the company will contain lots of factory turbo motors :D if we still use fossil fuels at all.

I'd like to see what the new technology is as far as what we will use to travel in the near future. And yes, I saw that special of future car on the Discovery Channel.

blaknoize
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Bumpin this because its interesting.

foety_foe
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
had a dead end job as a asst. general manager for a franchisee company. could of made a career out of it but ended up relizing that maybe i shouldn't be part of a company that makes money from hiring illegals and scaming people out of money. money was good.

i want to make a career out of what iam doing now for fun. with a lot of practice and some recognition maybe i can make a career out of stunt riding. highly doubt it but you never know. but ****, you land yourself in a couple of dvd's, win some competitions and then i guess you can live a happy life.

but realistically i will make a career out of law enforcement. went to atlanta but atlanta is not for me for numerous reasons. right now iam in the process with dekalb and gwinnet. but iam also going to apply at the cherokee county sheriffs office.

ksniperfox
01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
lol @ fagtus EG following all the posts i make and neg repping me. funny thing is, he even repped me positive once for some pr0n. and it was gay pr0n..:doh: