PDA

View Full Version : HEADUNIT OR WIRING PROBLEM

chinitoxamor
12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
i had pulled my headunit out today and tried to put the factory one back in and it wouldnt turn on.. so i put back the one i had and all the wiring is correct, im just wondering why it aint turn on. the car and everything else inside and outside the car works fine.. its the headunit that wont turn on, and it had work earlier before i took it out.. any clue??

chinitoxamor
12-06-2007, 11:25 PM
i drive a 99 ACCORD so any idea about wiring... or fuse??

MR2DR
12-06-2007, 11:33 PM
are you sure u plugged everything back correctly? if u did then u probably blew a fuse =T the fuse box for the radio should be next to the passenger side door jammer

chinitoxamor
12-06-2007, 11:35 PM
hmmm i didnt check the fuse box. i might check that in da morning but what else could be the problem? all the wiring i put it back how it was.. color matches and wirings arent touching others its all done nice and neat

xlilvi3tx
12-07-2007, 02:53 AM
i think its the fuse b/c i had the same problem.... connected everything and it didnt turn on so i check the fuse, turns out i blew one....

chinitoxamor
12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
yeh it was the fuse in the fusebox on the passenger side.. thing looked nasty when i pulled it out hahaha. ugly and blowd hahaha.. anyways its working now, see what i was doing was taking out the headunit i had to rewire it because it was messy and plus the output wires to the subs kept gettin disconnected.. well now its working thanks huy and xlilvi3tx.. god damnn viet ppl hahahaha jk

8bangin302
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
i think you have to have a code to turn on the stock radio,im not sure tho,i know i have to if i put my stock one back in,but i have a ford.so....but GL.

chinitoxamor
12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
yeh if u put the stock on back in, it will ask but i didnt put the stock on back yet cuz im waiting for a trade, i might put it back in if i sell the car but im tryna sell it summer of 08 for like 6000

chuck
12-07-2007, 04:47 PM
yeh if u put the stock on back in, it will ask but i didnt put the stock on back yet cuz im waiting for a trade, i might put it back in if i sell the car but im tryna sell it summer of 08 for like 6000

so what's the problem then?? if you need the code then check the bottom of your ashtray.

also check the fuses that plug into the back of the head unit...noto exactlly sure what the problem is though.

chinitoxamor
12-07-2007, 04:52 PM
oh dude i fixed the problem already LOL.. thanks.. i was talking to 8bangin302 about puttin the stock headunit back in later on

xlilvi3tx
12-08-2007, 01:20 AM
yeh it was the fuse in the fusebox on the passenger side.. thing looked nasty when i pulled it out hahaha. ugly and blowd hahaha.. anyways its working now, see what i was doing was taking out the headunit i had to rewire it because it was messy and plus the output wires to the subs kept gettin disconnected.. well now its working thanks huy and xlilvi3tx.. god damnn viet ppl hahahaha jk

np dude.... :goodjob: and gl with your ride homie