PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Do you think this is a good price?

BobbyFresco
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
So I'm getting out of the Euro game. I'm selling my BMW because I need a bigger car and a two seater just isn't practical anymore. Not only that but I no longer get the same kind of thrill that I had when I first bought it. It's boring me.
I bought a 03 Acura TL for my daily driver BUT, it's an automatic, and auto's are not what I consider to be fun. Manuals enhance the driving experience so much more....

To get to the point, I'm looking for a project and in doing so, I found a 96 Honda Civic Hatch. The car looks pretty decent: It has a few dents here and there and definitely needs some bodywork but that's nothing that a week at the bodyshop can't cure. It has 135k miles. Lowered. A few misc extras here and there. They are asking 4500 for it....Is that too much or is it right on par for what I would be paying for a car of that year and condition?

Chime in w/your opinions please.:goodjob:

Kevykev
12-06-2007, 12:16 PM
offer them less- it's just an asking price!

not too bad of a price though!

Gutling
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
lol you talk about needing a bigger car thats more practical, so decide on a dented up civic?

cdhtang
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
get the pictures up, that should help us more.
I always think that the old hatches are little over priced although they are very reliable and nice. You might end up cheaper if you go with si.

BobbyFresco
12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
lol you talk about needing a bigger car thats more practical, so decide on a dented up civic?

Did you read the entire post before you decided to make a dumbass comment with no relevance to the thread?
This is what I said in the original post:

I bought a 03 Acura TL for my daily driver BUT, it's an automatic, and auto's are not what I consider to be fun. Manuals enhance the driving experience so much more....

Dirty Octopus™
12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
damn... it REALLY depends. :thinking: cuz i4 Garage has one for sale for 3000
wait a second :eek: ... 4500 IS indeed too much. especially if it's stock. ive seen GSR swapped hatches go for that much.

id say look around before you make that jump :goodjob:

BobbyFresco
12-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Reps to everyone in the thread who has provided relevant advice.:goodjob:

Vayda
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
that's kinda low mileage for a '96. Have you carfaxed it and that sort of thing? it doesnt sound too high if the condition is right (but it's just an asking price, i'd try for lower anyway)

BobbyFresco
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I will rep those who I haven't gotten to later.

Kevykev
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
If I were in the market for that car I would pay no more than 3k - i'm sure you can swing that.

StraightSix
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm in agreement with some of the other posters. I think $4500 is too much for a '96 hatch in the condition you described, especially if the engine and transmisision are basically stock. And, I'll second one of the other posts about seeing GSR swapped cars for that price.

Dirty Octopus™
12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
shoot i4 garage's hatch is auto. my apologies bro
:headslap:

Elbow
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah def. too much.

spacelion
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah offer a little less, but that price is pretty dead on for that body style/year.