PDA

View Full Version : Greddypacked A BIG ASS LIAR !!! I have PM PROOF !!!

JayKnight
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok the short and sweet version.

In one PM to me he said he would hold th item til Thursday, so I can pick it up on my way to the V

He makes other arrangements to sell it to someone else, after we have a verbal agreement.

Another PM to me, he said he never told me he would hold it.

Plain and simple...he RENIGED on our arrangement.

That easier to understand?

-S Double C-
12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
this **** is all confusing...re edit it!

JayKnight
12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Not edited at all...direct Copy and Paste from my PM box

bigdare23
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Not edited at all...direct Copy and Paste from my PM box

he said you should re-edit how you post it because he couldnt understand it.

aaronfelipe
12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Noted!

JayKnight
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I made it easier to understand, shorted and less cluttered, still won't do me any good . He knows he ****ed me out of the deal we verbally agreed on, and he can live with that.

Just hate being lied to !!!

Kelly
12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
HEY GUYS... LOOK HERE

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151069

Killer
12-06-2007, 08:45 AM
seriously this thread is bull****, the first post of the thread states "FIRST PERSON WITH CASH GETS THE CAMCORDER"

Not only did greddypacked give you like 2 days notice that we were interested.... BUT WE HAD CASH A DAY EARLIER THAN YOU! AND IT WAS MORE CASH THAN WHAT YOU HAD!!!

yeah, your "sorry i live in chattanooga" post.... well... yeah i'm sorry you live in chattanooga too..... LOOK FOR A CAMERA CLOSER TO YOU!!!

Killer
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
i will be pming mods about this too.... hopefully greddypacked won't be left with this negative post...

Sammich
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
money talks you retard get over it

Killer
12-06-2007, 08:51 AM
money talks you retard get over it

thank you! :goodjob:

silversol
12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
thanks for my new sig phatboy!

Sammich
12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
quote it right son lol...ps your welcome :D pss...its phatboI

Killer
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
thanks for my new sig phatboy!

u need to fix that quote.... ...

magneto198
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
just send the email back to him and say "SEE this B****, this is what you said!"

Kelly
12-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Read the whole thing.

Greedypacked is not a bad seller.

Jaimecbr900
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I really don't want to get in the middle of this, but in all honesty.....if the guy made a "deal" with someone and backed out......HE BACKED OUT. That is what this guy is saying. Therefore, the truth of the matter is that he DID back out. Right or wrong? So this guy has every right to say that the seller backed out of the deal because it seems to me like he actually did.

Personally, I believe people should be men/women of their word. If they tell someone that they're going to do something, they should do it. Had the purchaser done the same thing because they'd found the same item a few cents cheaper on ebay, the SELLER would be all up in arms about it. Probably rightly so, for the same reason I stated above. It's not fair that you make a verbal commitment to someone only to back out of it because someone else offered you more money. If he'd been clear about his intentions to sell it to someone else, that would be one thing. But it seems to me that it was certainly not CLEARLY conveyed that he was willing to take other offers AFTER his was accepted. IA is not Ebay. You are not allowed to put up any item up for "bids" or in auction fashion where people will outbid each other. If you accept someone's offer, that is a risk you BOTH take as far as the pricing goes. The seller shouldn't be allowed to keep taking in "offers" if he's already accepted one, just as the buyer shouldn't back out of the deal because he/she finds the item cheaper elsewhere.

My .02:goodjob:

Sammich
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
he did say..."FIRST PERSON WITH CASH GETS THE CAMCORDER"...so personally i REALLY dont see what the deal is. everyone knows of everyone's flaking ability, so with that said and with him saying first person w/ cash gets the camcorder...i dont see anything wrong with the situation, the other guy just didnt push as hard as someone else did to get it...

Jaimecbr900
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
he did say..."FIRST PERSON WITH CASH GETS THE CAMCORDER"...so personally i REALLY dont see what the deal is. everyone knows of everyone's flaking ability, so with that said and with him saying first person w/ cash gets the camcorder...i dont see anything wrong with the situation, the other guy just didnt push as hard as someone else did to get it...

If he agreed to sell it to YOU and then turned around and sold it to someone else, there is a problem. Like I said, IA rules specifically forbid ebay style of selling. So while I understand that "money talks and BS walks", I also think that if you told someone that you would sell it to them FIRST and that person had not done anything wrong, i.e. flaked out on an initial meeting, asked for additional time, started wanting to change the deal midstream, then it's not fair to them to just back out of it.

Again, people are not putting themselves in the other person's shoes for a minute. Try it and see if you think it would be "cool" and "no big deal". You would probably be as bitter as this guy is.

How about this: You go to a car dealership to buy a car. You haggle and get the car you want for the price you wanted. You go to eat something while they "prep" the car for you to take home. When you come back, the salesman tells you that he sold it to someone else because they offered him more money than you did and there are no more cars left on the lot. Would you think that was fair to you? Would you think that was conducting business in a straight up manner? If not, why not since "money talks and BS walks", right?

To me, and I may be wrong since I'm outside looking in, that's exactly what it looks like happened here. Guy made an agreement to sell a camcorder to one person for X amount, and before they finalized the deal someone else came in and gave them X+ amount and he took it. Again, to me that's not fair IF they did in fact already have a tentative deal made with someone else.

What the seller should have probably done was to have given the original guy a choice. Either finalize the deal with me by XYZ date or I'll take this other offer I have on the table that's actually higher than yours. What's wrong with being straight up with people?

Sammich
12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
to make a thread bashing..no..i would say yea it's f'd up at first, then get over it, but i see the point you are making. but i also understand hard times, cuz i'm just getting out of a tough spot.

What the seller should have probably done was to have given the original guy a choice.Either finalize the deal with me by XYZ date or I'll take this other offer I have on the table that's actually higher than yours. What's wrong with being straight up with people?

very valid...point made

Jaimecbr900
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
to make a thread bashing..no..i would say yea it's f'd up at first, then get over it, but i see the point you are making. but i also understand hard times, cuz i'm just getting out of a tough spot.

very valid...point made

And I understand, BELIEVE ME I understand, being jerked around by people that say they're going to do something and then they just leave you hangin'. I totally get that. I've had that happen to me when dealing with REAL expensive things like Real Estate.

True story. I had a rental property of mine just the other day that was vacant. Put an ad out and got a ton of responses. Fine, right? Well, I always get a ton of tire kickers for that property. So I don't get excited at all until someone is ready to actually give me the money and sign the lease. Well, this particular lady came to see the property 3-4 times. She seemed very legit and was very much "I want it, I want it". Well, I told her straight out that if she did what she needed to do. She SWORE to me and gave me her word that she wanted the place and she was coming to sign the lease X day. Well, when X day arrived she did show up, but now had a "roommate" that needed to "OK" the place. Well, I'd already told several people that called that I had a lease signing scheduled, so unfortunately for them it was pretty much a "done deal" with the other lady. You know where this is going now, right? She backed out of signing the deal because this new person, who was never in the conversation before, suddenly found it too far away from work. Hellooooo, the house hasn't MOVED since the last 3-4 times you saw it, right? So now, I've possibly turned away people that could've taken the place. I ended up renting it right after that, but I had to take a slight loss on the rent to do it.

Moral of my story is: I made a bad business decision. I took that person's word because I thought people lived up to their word. It seems that's not always the case. I could've been a jerk and kept showing the property even after she'd given me her word she wanted it. In this case, turns out I should've. But I was trying to be straight up with her and got burned. So I know exactly how the OP feels, and it's not fun.

Sammich
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
And I understand, BELIEVE ME I understand, being jerked around by people that say they're going to do something and then they just leave you hangin'. I totally get that. I've had that happen to me when dealing with REAL expensive things like Real Estate.

True story. I had a rental property of mine just the other day that was vacant. Put an ad out and got a ton of responses. Fine, right? Well, I always get a ton of tire kickers for that property. So I don't get excited at all until someone is ready to actually give me the money and sign the lease. Well, this particular lady came to see the property 3-4 times. She seemed very legit and was very much "I want it, I want it". Well, I told her straight out that if she did what she needed to do. She SWORE to me and gave me her word that she wanted the place and she was coming to sign the lease X day. Well, when X day arrived she did show up, but now had a "roommate" that needed to "OK" the place. Well, I'd already told several people that called that I had a lease signing scheduled, so unfortunately for them it was pretty much a "done deal" with the other lady. You know where this is going now, right? She backed out of signing the deal because this new person, who was never in the conversation before, suddenly found it too far away from work. Hellooooo, the house hasn't MOVED since the last 3-4 times you saw it, right? So now, I've possibly turned away people that could've taken the place. I ended up renting it right after that, but I had to take a slight loss on the rent to do it.

Moral of my story is: I made a bad business decision. I took that person's word because I thought people lived up to their word. It seems that's not always the case. I could've been a jerk and kept showing the property even after she'd given me her word she wanted it. In this case, turns out I should've. But I was trying to be straight up with her and got burned. So I know exactly how the OP feels, and it's not fun.

tell you the truth..in that case i would have continued to show the property and let still let them know that it possibly wouldn't be available, but they were free to look at it. flakers are my concern and i'm sure were the concern for the seller...i guess business is business...its done though IMO dude should get over it

Jaimecbr900
12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
tell you the truth..in that case i would have continued to show the property and let still let them know that it possibly wouldn't be available, but they were free to look at it. flakers are my concern and i'm sure were the concern for the seller...i guess business is business...its done though IMO dude should get over it

I did do that a couple of times, but the people were like "well, then I won't waste time coming over to see it." I can understand that, you know. It just sucked for me because I wasted my time and money driving back and forth to open and show the house that when she told me she was backing out I was like "you gotta be kidding me. You couldn't of told me that a week and half ago???". But....it is what it is.

You're right though. The item is sold now and the point has been made. I think this has pretty much run it's course. If noone has anything else to add, I'll lock this in the a.m. :goodjob:

Greddypacked
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Dude i understand your situation about the property but that's real estate. I was selling a camcorder and told the guy i got a better offer like a day or 2 after we were commenting about his purchase. I noted the first person to have the money gets it, if you dont believe me read it in my sale post. The other really nice people offered me more money and a faster date (which i stated who ever has money first gets it. It's not like they were buying a 150,000 lease on a house and we signed a petition stating he gets the sale. Now you situation is a lil different but i understand the hassle in realestate sometimes.

Oh yea btw, i dont scam or sell stuff that doesnt work. If you buy from me it will be in mint condition and you are getting a deal so the better offer will win. If i say i will hold the price on what you offer and only sell it to you NO OTHER REGARDLESS OF THE OFFER, that's a different story. That wasnt the case, now was it!

Jaimecbr900
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Dude i understand your situation about the property but that's real estate. I was selling a camcorder and told the guy i got a better offer like a day or 2 after we were commenting about his purchase. I noted the first person to have the money gets it, if you dont believe me read it in my sale post. The other really nice people offered me more money and a faster date (which i stated who ever has money first gets it. It's not like they were buying a 150,000 lease on a house and we signed a petition stating he gets the sale. Now you situation is a lil different but i understand the hassle in realestate sometimes.

You really should have let this die.

I only used an example in order to back up my statement that one should stick to their word.

You seem to have told someone that you WOULD sell them the camcorder for X. Fine. ALMOST a done deal, right? Well, someone else came in and offered you more money AFTER you'd already told the first person you'd sell it to them, right? Well, if that's how the deal went down, then you were wrong for taking the second offer over the first IF you didn't give the first person atleast a chance to finalize your original deal. That was my point. You don't have to agree. I wasn't involved nor do I want to be, but I'm going based on the stated facts.

Again, go back and read my car dealership analogy. That, and not the Real Estate example, truly fits this situation. Also, put yourself in the guy's shoes. You thought you had a deal worked out, and then the seller sells the item before giving you any notice nor a chance to pay for it. Is that fair? Not in my book. You don't have to agree. You probably don't. I just thought it was incredibly unfair for everyone to come down on this guy who technically didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't his fault someone else offered more. It wasn't his fault you decided to take that. Between you, him, and the new purchasers......HE is the least at fault for anything.

I'm just voicing my opinion on what I've heard. You're welcomed to disagree. After it's all said and done, the camcorder is gone anyway, right? So that's why I said you should've let this die. You should've been a man of your word and atleast tried to finish the deal you already had on the table BEFORE accepting another one. If this guy told you to fly a kite or he didn't have the money right now, cool....that's a totally different ballgame. But when he's planning on meeting you to give you the money only to hear that you've sold it to someone else because they gave you a better offer is not right IMO. Again, that's just my opinion though. :goodjob:

Greddypacked
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
^^^ This was my first time even reading this post i havent even been on the site for a week so i left my comment. Thankx for your interest, your right let it die. Business is business, i have worked for a marketing firm in Atlanta for WWW wentworth so i really dont need an explanantion on marketing and how to do business, thankx again.

This deal has already been made no reason to rant about it, just leaving my comments. Again i wont even relate back to this post so no need bothering to post regarding this towards my behalf.

Jaimecbr900
12-12-2007, 12:30 PM
^^^ This was my first time even reading this post i havent even been on the site for a week so i left my comment. Thankx for your interest, your right let it die. Business is business, i have worked for a marketing firm in Atlanta for WWW wentworth so i really dont need an explanantion on marketing and how to do business, thankx again.

This deal has already been made no reason to rant about it, just leaving my comments. Again i wont even relate back to this post so no need bothering to post regarding this towards my behalf.

Your big fat cookie is on the way. :rolleyes:

I'll fix this thread, sure enough. No worries. But it will be able be read for people that do "business" :rolleyes: with you to make up their own minds.

Good day and good luck in the future. :goodjob: