PDA

View Full Version : Choices Choices Choices

JDMJAYDC2
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
if i have talked to you in person or we are somewhat cool you know the motor plans for my hatch as i dont keep it a secret like i do the teg! but i just got a pm from a good friend of mine that will sell me my choice of blocks now i need some input on what i should get

i currently have a 00 gsr tranny with lsd not in yet but i have it
00 gsr head

now as far as the block goes here are my choices

b16 and do a poor man type r
b20 and go b20vtec
b18 and go lsvtec -which i already planned on
b18c1 and go full gsr
b18c5 and go umm i guess not so poor man type r(is there a name for this one yet)

now before you say what are your hp goals and all that im gonna get to it.

my plan for the car is this plain and simple just a fun car to DD nothing stupid fast like JDM_EK4 even though i would love to rev as high as his car does and still pull but just a nice quick car to give me a break from my integra so post up what block you think i should get considering what information i have given already. I will say this please keep on topic as i have to make this decision in a few weeks as the deal might not last any longer than that. as always EF squad FTMFW!

Grimm Reeper
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM
my plan for the car is this plain and simple just a fun car to DD nothing stupid fast like JDM_EK4 even though i would love to rev as high as his car does and still pull

:ninja: My car isn't fast *screams "all moto" in head* :ninja:

Well if you do go for the B16, just know that I have the crank and rods so if you need them you can have them, I could sell them but since we're fam you can have them, that is if the block doesn't come with any.

JDMJAYDC2
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
good to know but after talking to dare the b16 block is kinda at the bottom of the list for me but after seeing jeff's rex lol i might just change my mind im so confused lol thats why i made the thread

jfrolang
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
if you're building an engine from the start, do something more than a 1.6 man. My car is quick, but I'm already planning a more serious build, and it's going to be bigger than 1.8 :D

bigdare23
12-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Your integra is your main car, so I would focus on one project at a time.

But if you must, I would sell the gsr/lsd and put that money toward a obd0 b16 swap (cheapest). Then I would buy a LS block and build the short block and transfer the head over from the b16. You should have any down time and if anything happens to your built short block you would have a back up!

mocha latte cupcake
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
agreed with the dirty dirty's jdm crx big d. but yeah man buttttt...... if I had MY way with it :ninja: CTR only b/c everyone uses the ITR.... :ninja: i'm different... lol but who does love the feeling of being a pirate while your car screams.... i mean seriously if i had a honda i'd be screaming ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! all the way through vtec lol

Grimm Reeper
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
agreed with the dirty dirty's jdm crx big d. but yeah man buttttt...... if I had MY way with it :ninja: CTR only b/c everyone uses the ITR.... :ninja: i'm different... lol but who does love the feeling of being a pirate while your car screams.... i mean seriously if i had a honda i'd be screaming ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! all the way through vtec lol

lirl

[raises hand]

JDMJAYDC2
12-05-2007, 06:31 PM
looked at a full swap for a 1st gen sir 1 and they are all sold out so whats next i know more than 3 ppl have a option for me cmon ef guys wtf

BBanks357
12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
i doubt hmotrsonline is out of 1st gen b16's.

I plan on building a b20/vtec w/in the next couple month's.

bigdare23
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
i doubt hmotrsonline is out of 1st gen b16's.

I plan on building a b20/vtec w/in the next couple month's.

Hmotors didnt have a b16 when I needed it, so you never know

00CelicaGT
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
go with the LS/VTEC so i can say mine is faster then urs. lol

i wouldnt go wit B16 cuz the stroke is too short.

the B20 has a weeker block compared to the LS. if u do go B20 go wit the B20Z, which is 99-01 i believe (has higher comperssion pistons)

GSR everyone has a GSR be different.

ITR im not sure about.

i still say go wit the LS, it has a good bore and has a longer strokwe the the B16. but it's all up to u.

Konstantin
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
WEll, if you want to go with your original plans of ls vtec, just know the bottom end will have to have some things done specific to that. Because of the long stroke and the angle, its not very sturdy at high RPMs stock...so just be prepared to build the bottom end well.

Otherwise...I'd go for a B18c (c5 if you really wana go for it, but its just not wirth the money, IMO). From what I've gathered, best bang for the buck without having to build it up.

BBanks357
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
How to build a "RELIABLE" lsvtec/b20vtec guide. - B20Vtec.Com...... B Series and Beyond (http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/b-series-tech/56400-how-build-reliable-lsvtec-b20vtec-guide.html)

There's a good read on how to build a reliable LS/B20 VTEC.

Hope that helps.

LIKEG6
12-05-2007, 08:30 PM
b20Z/GSR HEAD = BEAST

That is what I want

AnTi-PooN
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
b20 mos def

Papa_Smurf
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Zc....:rolleyes:

BBanks357
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
if you have the money for a b18c5 id just get that.

It would have pretty decent power, fun as hell in an EF & It would be reliable.

00CelicaGT
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
WEll, if you want to go with your original plans of ls vtec, just know the bottom end will have to have some things done specific to that. Because of the long stroke and the angle, its not very sturdy at high RPMs stock...so just be prepared to build the bottom end well.

Otherwise...I'd go for a B18c (c5 if you really wana go for it, but its just not wirth the money, IMO). From what I've gathered, best bang for the buck without having to build it up.

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT IF UR GOING LS/VTEC THERE IS NO POINT IN HALF ASSIN THE BUILD, U SHOULD BUILD THE BOTTOM END REGUARDLESS. I MEAN IT'S ALREADY THERE, IT'S NOT LIKE U HAVE TO TEAR THE HEAD OFF OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT (UN LESS UR BUYING A LONG BLOCK).

JUST DO WAT I DID BUY A BARE BLOCK AND ADD ALL THE COMPONENTES U NEED. STOCK LS/VTEC ARE A TICKING TIME BOMB

BTW DOES ANYONE HAVE AN LS CRANKSHAFT IN GOOD CONDITION, THAT HASNT SPUND A BEARING.:goodjob:

jfrolang
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7752/capslockor6.jpg

do it.

00CelicaGT
12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
sorry but at work we use caps only, so if u see me post and caps is on u know where im at. see im home now "lower case" lol

mocha latte cupcake
12-06-2007, 08:02 PM
lol thats so true lol @ work its all caps... sigh...

bigdare23
12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
LOL@JEFF

NOW WHAT BITSHES I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS NOW!!!

JDMJAYDC2
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
the choice has already been made as of jan my ef will be completely swapped thank you ef squad for your help as always. I am glad this thread didnt get too off topic we really made some EVASIVE moves by keeping this on topic...... lol

00CelicaGT
12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
so wat was ur decision?

crhatchzc
12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
he isnt gonna tell i tried to get him to talk tonight

LIKEG6
12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
he isnt gonna tell i tried to get him to talk tonight

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :2up:

00CelicaGT
12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :2up:

WAT A LAME!:gay:

JDMJAYDC2
12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
lol its not secret just have to check with someone first to see if its ok to post but i will keep the ef squad up to date on my ish

crhatchzc
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
lol its not secret just have to check with someone first to see if its ok to post but i will keep the ef squad up to date on my ish

its ok man you can let us know i dont mind you telling

BABY J
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
d series non-vtec w/ a VTEC Controller and a SAFC FTW

bigdare23
12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
d series non-vtec w/ a VTEC Controller and a SAFC FTW

Jay, you are supposed to keep your setup a secret :doh:

{you forgot to add pacesettler headers and exhaust}

bigdare23
12-07-2007, 06:19 PM
While ya'll are whining..........................I know :D

Jermaine is going to be the next headbussa in the EF Squad :goodjob:

00CelicaGT
12-07-2007, 11:18 PM
While ya'll are whining..........................I know :D

Jermaine is going to be the next headbussa in the EF Squad :goodjob:

well then i know ill be ahead of him wit my fully built LS/VTEC w/port & polish GSR head.
sorry jermaine i gotta do it big, it's my first Honda. but when we r done well run and then we'll see who is in front of who. :goodjob:

oh yeah everyone i have a complete parts list of what this beast will be built wit coming soon, hopefuly by the end of next week.:bannana:

spoon91
12-08-2007, 06:34 AM
It's all good Ant You and J can have Your little "DRAG RACE" I'll be waiting on the AC track for Your ass BUDDY!!! :tongue1:

:gay:

JDMJAYDC2
12-08-2007, 08:03 AM
^^^who is this guy??? his sig looks familiar and the sn but im not sure could this be the great red bearded bastard???? ah yes cory welcome back bro!! sorry i didnt call yesterday that video editing had me stumped so i called it a night pm me a price on that zc swap if its complete oh and you know i need that glove box still lol.

spoon91
12-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Sure thing Bro just hit Me up today I'll be at the House.

could this be the great red bearded bastard????

Yeah well atleast I can GROW A BEARD!!! :bannana: OOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

blaknoize
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Well I'm doin the poor mans type r. I'll rep u if u rep it. U gotta rep the poorer man sometimes.

00CelicaGT
12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
well im sorry but i might just have to kick ur ass, but the real test will come in the mountains. last time i was stock and u and adam left my ass. but ever since then ive become addicted to turns, im just sad i wont be able to kick ur ass in the YOTA espically the way things have been going lately:(

It's all good Ant You and J can have Your little "DRAG RACE" I'll be waiting on the AC track for Your ass BUDDY!!! :tongue1:

:gay:

JDMJAYDC2
12-09-2007, 07:05 AM
yota?? what happend to the celica ive missed out on alot i stopped coming to the full throttle meets a long time before that kid got shot so i didnt know you werent driving it last time i saw you ant was at the V for my haunted house meet what up with the celica and how the hell is davis doing ?? why is eveyone going ghost dammit!!

spoon91
12-09-2007, 07:17 AM
well im sorry but i might just have to kick ur ass, but the real test will come in the mountains. last time i was stock and u and adam left my ass. but ever since then ive become addicted to turns, im just sad i wont be able to kick ur ass in the YOTA espically the way things have been going lately:(
It's all good Dog
I mean when We go back next time You and I will both have new Cars
So that way one of Us dosn't have the upper hand.

That is if I have My Boost by then if not I'm F**ked.

00CelicaGT
12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
It's all good Dog
I mean when We go back next time You and I will both have new Cars
So that way one of Us dosn't have the upper hand.

That is if I have My Boost by then if not I'm F**ked.

WELL IF THE BOOST ISNT ON BY THEN WE'LL MAKE IT FAIR AND DO IT TOUGE STYLE. I LEAD THEN YOU'LL LEAD BEST DRIVER WINS LOL

ON HWY180 *IN DEEP GOD SOUNDING VOICE*

WELL JAY I HAD A LITTLE MONEY ISSUE AND WASNT ABLE TO PAY MY INSURANCE IN FULL. SO I FIGURED I'D SEND HALF AND THEN SEND THE OTHER HALF WIT THE NEXT MONTHS PAYMENT. WELL ME ONLY BEING 20 AND NOT KNOWING THAT CAR INSURANCE COMPANY'S WANT ALL THERE MONEY THEY CANCLED MY POLICY. I FOUND OUT LIKE 2 WEEKS LATER WHEN HENRY COUNTY SENT MY STEP DAD A LETTER IN THE MAIL SAYING IT WAS NO INSURANCE ON THE CAR AND IF I DIDNT GET IT BY SO AND SO DATE THEY WERE GOING TO CANCLE MY REGISTRATION. SO I WAS RIDING AROUND FOR 2 WEEKS W/O INSURANCE, SO ALL THIS WEEK MY MOM HAD TO TAKE ME TO WORK AND PICK ME UP. IM TRYING TO GET A ZC FROM CORY SO I CAN PUT THE HATCH ON THE ROAD AND HAVE SOMETHING TO DRIVE, WHILE I FINSH MY MOTOR WICH WONT BE DONE UNTILL PROBABLY MARCH OR APRIL. IM PROBABLY GOING TO LEAVE THE CELICA OFF THE ROAD CUZ I ONLY HAVE A YEAR LEFT ON THE CAR NOTE AND WIT 2 TICKECTS AND 2 ACCIDENTS ON MY RECORD MY INSURANCE WILL BE SKY HIGH, I WAS ALREADY PAYING $300 A MONTH FOR FULL COVERAGE WIT 1 ACCIDENT. SO U CAN IMAGINE WAT THAT ****S GOING TO BE NOW.

>ME :idb: <INSURANCE NO KY AND 40 GRIT SAND PAPER

DAVE IS GOOD WE HANG OUT EVERY WEEKEND, BUT EVER SINCE HE TOLTED THE BLUE LUDE HE'S BEEN WORKING 2 JOBS SO IT'S SEEMS LIKE HE'S GOHST. THAT BASTARD PUT SOME NEW WHEELS ON THE LUDE. IM SOO JELOUS :(

BUT OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

JDMJAYDC2
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
hmmm i see that sucks though yeah i had the same plans you do for cory's zc motor just want something to cruise in till my motor is ready which wont be anytime soon and i dont really trust my d series although it runs like a champ a 4 spd champ at that

00CelicaGT
12-09-2007, 08:39 PM
well he has 2 of them, the other is sitting in his garage