PDA

View Full Version : Misc Computer questions

3.5altman
12-05-2007, 02:13 AM
First off i hope this is the right section!

Well the other day I was deleting some un needed programs off my computer, and i guess i deleted the wrong thing, cause ever since i did this my computer will not connect to the internet. I have tried updating the drivers, uninstalling the modem and reuninstalling it, still nothing. I have tired rebooting the computer and the modem and nothing. The computer and the modem aren't "talking" for some reason, and i gotta figure it why. in my device manager there is a exclamtion mark by my modem. Does anybody know how i can fix this?

Hp compter
Motorola surfboard cable modem
comcast cable internet

changaroo
12-05-2007, 02:27 AM
either restore to the last point, or uninstall the device from the device manager, and get the drivers and reinstall it.

i would go with the latter :)

3.5altman
12-05-2007, 02:32 AM
restore, thats was sup forgot all about that

pimpstaman90
12-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Well, first off... Is your modem connected thru. USB or Ethernet...? And you try calling Comcast...? They help since you are paying them...

3.5altman
12-05-2007, 05:23 AM
ethernet...

osiriskidd
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM
go to run> type in 'cmd'> type in 'ipconfig' and if ip address /gateway shows you shold be connected.

so then go to run> 'cmd' and this time type in 'msconfig' and go to services and look for something that say DHCP CLIENT and make sure it's checked and running.

if it is then you need to restore your computer to an earlier point or completely remove the modem from your computer. im not sure but you might have REALTEK Netcom drivers so search for those. they're the bigger name these days for ethernet drives and detection these days.

3.5altman
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
i did the system restore and it worked, but sorry ass comcast blocked my ****, so know i gotta call them to hook it back up