PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods whats wrong with my brakes?

SampaGuy
07-29-2005, 10:36 PM
i have a 89 240sx hatch with z32 brakes all around. everytime i start driving, for the first 5 minutes or so, the brakes dont work. i slam on the brakes and the car slows down but its really really slowly, i almost crashed into the car in front of me today on a red light, and i wasnt even going fast. after a few times i slammed the brakes a few times it starts getting better until its normal (the wheels lock when i slam it, its what its supposed to do, dont have abs)
its feels like the brakes have to get to optimal "operating temperature" before they start working. wtf?

any help would be appriciated

-Peter

smokinblackneon
08-06-2005, 08:56 PM
#1 Does the pettle go to the floor the first few times. if it does you either have a leak or air in the lines so check for that if no leaks blead the brakes startin with the right rear.
#2 are the street pads or are they street/track pads? if they are street/track pads they have to get to temp before working right but once they get there they work great.

SampaGuy
08-07-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks for the response^
i took it to a mechanic, my master cylinder was leaking

dereksi
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Yea exactly what I was thinking,master cylinder.

BTEC
08-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Yea exactly what I was thinking,master cylinder.
BS, you was thinking oil change and air filter.

flysi00
08-08-2005, 04:20 PM

LOL HAHAHA :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

dereksi
08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Js got jokes. "Yea I changed the oil, I dont know why it wont start". LOL My diag.

BTEC
08-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Js got jokes. "Yea I changed the oil, I dont know why it wont start". LOL My diag.

"I dnt know boss. I put in a new Fram air filter, changed his oil twice AND i made sure i torqued his oil filter this time. His brakes still dnt work huh? :dunno: What do you think?"