PDA

View Full Version : New to IA

Kaiser
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Bought an A4 in July, traded up from a Suzuki Aerio that had been half paid for by my parents. KSU student, working full time at school too. Appartment not far from school in the Kennesaw/Barret Parkway/Town Center area. Been browsing IA for a while now, finally decided to make an account so I could contribute every now and then.

Kyle
12-04-2007, 08:23 PM
What year A4 and what engine?

Kaiser
12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
2001, 1.8T 5MT with the sport package. Right now the only thing done to it is the exhaust, which is nothing particularly special.

Kyle
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
2001, 1.8T 5MT with the sport package. Right now the only thing done to it is the exhaust, which is nothing particularly special.
Quality. I have an 01 1.8t. Any plans? k04?

Kaiser
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Short term: Getting it cleaned up. Previous owner left some minor scratches all over the paint, the center console is...well. "Gooey" as best can be described. Working on cleaning it out, looks like he spilt coffee all over it from the center console's cupholder. A few other minor things though. Already been rear-ended in it. Lady driving a Lincoln Aviator jumped a redlight with me in front of her. I wasn't in a hurry that day and apparently she was.

Performance wise, I'm definitely considering a turbo swap, but first on my list are some more basic stuff. The wheels are the stock 17"s and the tires are in great condition, but the wheels, specifically the front driver, has some scuffing pretty bad, wheels are therefor on my list. Probably an EBC, AEM Tru-Boost mounted in the top center vent seems like a pretty sneaky way to manage it. Also would really like to get blacked out lights for the back, though that's a way off.

I'm hoping that by this time next year I'll hit my goal of 300whp, alot of people have told me GIAC, EBC and k04 swap should easily get me there, but I'm still doing my homework on all that before I pitch the money in.

fucksohc
12-04-2007, 10:50 PM
:welcome:

love audis :goodjob:

Andy_013
12-04-2007, 11:55 PM
:welcome: to IA, nice plan you have

Kyle
12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Short term: Getting it cleaned up. Previous owner left some minor scratches all over the paint, the center console is...well. "Gooey" as best can be described. Working on cleaning it out, looks like he spilt coffee all over it from the center console's cupholder. A few other minor things though. Already been rear-ended in it. Lady driving a Lincoln Aviator jumped a redlight with me in front of her. I wasn't in a hurry that day and apparently she was.

Performance wise, I'm definitely considering a turbo swap, but first on my list are some more basic stuff. The wheels are the stock 17"s and the tires are in great condition, but the wheels, specifically the front driver, has some scuffing pretty bad, wheels are therefor on my list. Probably an EBC, AEM Tru-Boost mounted in the top center vent seems like a pretty sneaky way to manage it. Also would really like to get blacked out lights for the back, though that's a way off.

I'm hoping that by this time next year I'll hit my goal of 300whp, alot of people have told me GIAC, EBC and k04 swap should easily get me there, but I'm still doing my homework on all that before I pitch the money in.
I enjoy fixing peoples messes, its easy to see all the work you do.

Just make sure not to buy the first rims you think look good in a magazine. My suggestion is get on vwvortex.com there are tonnnnnnss of clean cars. I am thankful that I waited to buy rims until two years after I got my car.

As for the turbo, GIAC is a good way to go, k04 is a great turbo for daily driving. If you just want to be really fast(in the world of audi/vw)go gt28 or gt30, but for the money k04 is a nice upgrade. If you are awd you wont make 300hp easily, but if you're fwd that shouldnt be a problem.

Let me know if you have any questions, and if I cant answer them I have a huge network of people that can.

Oh and BTW I drove a B5 A4 2.8 for a year when I got my license.

Kaiser
12-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks Kyle, I've been waiting so far trying to really think about the overall look of the car, so I'll take a look on Vortex and see if inspiration strikes. Does the Quattro system really kill that much horsepower? Eh, I'm still glad I have it, the car handles so much differently than what I'm used to, test drove a tip 2000 FrontTrak A4 before I bought mine, just didn't like how it felt in the turns really :-\ Anyways, glad to know I'm on the right track, and glad to be here. :)

Kyle
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks Kyle, I've been waiting so far trying to really think about the overall look of the car, so I'll take a look on Vortex and see if inspiration strikes. Does the Quattro system really kill that much horsepower? Eh, I'm still glad I have it, the car handles so much differently than what I'm used to, test drove a tip 2000 FrontTrak A4 before I bought mine, just didn't like how it felt in the turns really :-\ Anyways, glad to know I'm on the right track, and glad to be here. :)
Just expect about a 15% loss in hp. Not a huge fan of audis awd, but its still nice to have and handles well.

FlyingStroke240
12-05-2007, 12:42 PM
welcome, post some pics and enjoy your stay.AWD FTW.

Kaiser
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Need to get some pics. Digital camera died before I got the car, still waiting to get one for christmas. Will see if I can't get a video up from the girlfriend's little pocket digital video camera widget. It essentially looks stock, except for the 17" Audi wheels that I can't figure out where they came from, '01 A4's didn't come with 235/45R17s, but that's what I have. Still stumped about that.

Leekor12
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
i would like this see this

Grimm Reeper
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
:welcome: to IA

MOOREOFSTEPHEN
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Welcome!

Stephen