PDA

View Full Version : sprint cell phone unlocking..

JITB
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
is it possible to unlock a sprint phone? or does it HAVE to be unlocked by sprint?

Julio
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
no...well there is ways.. dont know who does it here. They use a different technology then AT&T and Tmobile..

I know in DR they make it work with whoever.

JITB
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
got a katana 2 here that i cant even use...

§treet_§peed
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
what kind of phone? my friend can hack any razor and razor stye phone. or he any motorolla phone as far as that goes

JITB
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
its a sanyo katana II
http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/1114/sanyo_katana_II-1.jpg

XLR8NMR2
12-04-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/ (http://www.howardchui.com/forums)

§treet_§peed
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
don't believe he can do that one lol

LQQKITZME
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
I have a slvr I am thinking about selling its Sprint phone

JITB
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I have a slvr I am thinking about selling its Sprint phone

wanna trade... :D

§treet_§peed
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
lol my friend can hack that one

Blitanicle99
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Is it possible to hack a nextell phone to work on cingular? One of the new ones?

Justin.
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Is it possible to hack a nextell phone to work on cingular? One of the new ones?

I don't think so.

Kdanzig
12-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Possibly if it's one of the "blend" ones or whatever

§treet_§peed
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah if it is one like the other companys use.. but if not then no

gtikid
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
No the OP's phone cannot be unlocked/used and no the nextel phone cannot be used on AT&T's network

However, Verizon is allowing any CDMA phone on their network next year

Nissan Sean
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
it wont work because sprint doesnt use sim cards and is on CDMA technology, towers. if it was a GSM phone it would work. but alas its not, wont work. srry

CRXchic19
12-05-2007, 10:23 AM
it wont work because sprint doesnt use sim cards and is on CDMA technology, towers. if it was a GSM phone it would work. but alas its not, wont work. srry

Ditto ^... if you are trying to use a CDMA on any GSM network.

But if you are trying to get the sprint phone to work on the SPRINT service, the only reason it would be "locked" is either....

it has been reported lost or stolen..... in that case, only the previous owner can call/ fax in a paper saying it is no longer lost or stolen (yes, have to have proof of ID) so they will clear the ESN. so if you found the phone and are trying to connect it you are SOL.

OR... somebody gave/ sold your thier old phone, forgot to mention they didnt pay thier bill, phone got cut off. only way to get that phone "unlocked" (ESN number clear) is by paying whatever thier previous balance was.

Bottom line - CDMA phones SUCK.... stick with GSM...

gtikid
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Ditto ^... if you are trying to use a CDMA on any GSM network.

But if you are trying to get the sprint phone to work on the SPRINT service, the only reason it would be "locked" is either....

it has been reported lost or stolen..... in that case, only the previous owner can call/ fax in a paper saying it is no longer lost or stolen (yes, have to have proof of ID) so they will clear the ESN. so if you found the phone and are trying to connect it you are SOL.

OR... somebody gave/ sold your thier old phone, forgot to mention they didnt pay thier bill, phone got cut off. only way to get that phone "unlocked" (ESN number clear) is by paying whatever thier previous balance was.

Bottom line - CDMA phones SUCK.... stick with GSM...

Like you said, exactly why CDMA blows....but like I mentioned, Verizon is allowing ANY CDMA phone on their network starting next year, so I wonder if they'll be able to get around Sprint's stupid "locking" of their phones. That's so retarded. CDMA FTW!! It's the world standard :goodjob:

Nissan Sean
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Gsm > CDMA. its just easier. technologicly speaking i do believe its better but it sucks becuase of all the limits the companies put on phones