PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a T3 gasket or know where I can get one locally

RandomGuy
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I need it today,

Worst case scenario, I'll drive all the way down to summit, maybe they have them, but thats a good drive. Anyone know where I can get one, locally? Anyone happen to have one laying around i'll buy it off of ya.

THANKS ALOT

Leadfoot_mf
12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
i have three but i am saving them for sentimental reasons.

DaX
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Worst case, if the flange is flat, you can use copper spray. You could also cut your own from a sheet of copper, which shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck.

drmcivicsi
12-04-2007, 09:35 PM
i have one pm if u still want it

RandomGuy
12-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Worst case, if the flange is flat, you can use copper spray. You could also cut your own from a sheet of copper, which shouldn't be too hard to find. Good luck.hahah nah ;)

thanks drm but I got it taken care of

maybe on something else but you can't do that on a turbo, it gets too hot... You can use copper spray but you need something to spray it on, like a used gasket or the like, not straight metal to metal of course. I've used thin cereal box type cardboard shaped into a gasket sprayed with copper on my downpipe before and it didn't work too well haha.

What I did do is look up every stock car that used a garret t3 that I knew of, old school turbo diesel benzos, z31 turbo nissans, 280z turbos, older volvo 740's, older saab 900's ... And I found one dealership that Had it.... Jim Ellis saab off of peachtree industrial... They had like 4 in stock, it was 11 bux, and its NICE AND THICK too...

part number was 83 66 262 if anyone needs one in the future

DaX
12-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Glad you found the part number.

I ran no gaskets and only coper spray on freshly fly-cut surfaces on my turbo car - never a leak.

ksniperfox
12-05-2007, 09:31 AM
when mine finally went bad a loooong time ago, i had called turbonetics to ask if they could ship one overnight, and they said just call any local auto parts store, ask for a 86-88 ford thunderbird SVO/2.3 turbo turbo gasket, it is the same one.

they were right.