PDA

View Full Version : Got in a wreck last night.... GAY!

Killer
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
So i'm heading home last night.. same time as usual...

i got to the intersection of south cobb and atlanta rd...

as i approach the red light i start slowing down to stop, BUT the light turns green.. and the traffic ahead of me starts moving... knowing that i needed to make a right hand turn soon, and being in the left lane.. i decided to check the right lane to see if i could merge over... 1sec later i look back in front of me to see the vehicle that was in front of me had slammed on his brakes...

i slam mine, but still rear end the guy... which blows cause anytime you rear end some one it is deemed your fault!!! well no damage to my car.. but a slight crack in his bumper (it was a mazda millenia).. dude gets out barely speaking english so i wasn't sure what he was saying...

he was a bit pissy at first.. then realized though i rear ended him.. it was the dip **** that stopped in front of him for no reason that caused the wreck... but he did tell me to call the cops.. so i did.... and after i reported the incident.. he changes his mind.. saying.. "i just got in this country i don't want to be involved with the police.. i just go".. and i said, "sir you already asked me to call them.. and i already have, so they are on their way" so then he proceeds to say he just wants to go.. and i told him he could do whatever he wanted and i'd just wait for the police but i needed his info and he needed mine.. so as we do this the dang cop shows up....

we file the accident report... and i get a damn ticket for "following too closely" which doesn't even make sense considering WE WERE AT A RED LIGHT THAT HAD JUST TURNED OF COURSE I'M NOT GONNA BE 10 CAR LENGTHS BEHIND SOMEONE!!! so now i've gotta go to court... prolly pay a fine too... i told the cop the dude wanted to just leave prior to him showing up and he said "O RLY? well if he had and you two just switched information.. you wouldn't have gotten a ticket... but since i'm here i have to issue it... sorry man, wish i didn't have to"

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
/rant....

Ruiner
12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
So i'm heading home last night.. same time as usual...

i got to the intersection of south cobb and atlanta rd...

as i approach the red light i start slowing down to stop, BUT the light turns green.. and the traffic ahead of me starts moving... knowing that i needed to make a right hand turn soon, and being in the left lane.. i decided to check the right lane to see if i could merge over... 1sec later i look back in front of me to see the vehicle that was in front of me had slammed on his brakes...

i slam mine, but still rear end the guy... which blows cause anytime you rear end some one it is deemed your fault!!! well no damage to my car.. but a slight crack in his bumper (it was a mazda millenia).. dude gets out barely speaking english so i wasn't sure what he was saying...

he was a bit pissy at first.. then realized though i rear ended him.. it was the dip **** that stopped in front of him for no reason that caused the wreck... but he did tell me to call the cops.. so i did.... and after i reported the incident.. he changes his mind.. saying.. "i just got in this country i don't want to be involved with the police.. i just go".. and i said, "sir you already asked me to call them.. and i already have, so they are on their way" so then he proceeds to say he just wants to go.. and i told him he could do whatever he wanted and i'd just wait for the police but i needed his info and he needed mine.. so as we do this the dang cop shows up....

we file the accident report... and i get a damn ticket for "following too closely" which doesn't even make sense considering WE WERE AT A RED LIGHT THAT HAD JUST TURNED OF COURSE I'M NOT GONNA BE 10 CAR LENGTHS BEHIND SOMEONE!!! so now i've gotta go to court... prolly pay a fine too... i told the cop the dude wanted to just leave prior to him showing up and he said "O RLY? well if he had and you two just switched information.. you wouldn't have gotten a ticket... but since i'm here i have to issue it... sorry man, wish i didn't have to"

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
/rant....

Well, you did follow too closely... :thinking:

Sammich
12-04-2007, 08:51 AM
x2

Killer
Well, you did follow too closely... :thinking:

i don't see how that counts as following too closely.... we were all coming too a stop... at a red light... and the light turned... so the traffic started picking up speed... next thing i know everyone is stopped again... AT A GREEN LIGHT... and the other lane(on my right) was still moving as normal...

also in front of the guy i hit was like 5-10 ft of skid marks from where the guy in front of him locked it down... which doesn't make any sense because that's right in front of the line where you have to stop at the light...

so i can't figure out why he slammed his brakes...

i'd understand if traffic was going more than 15 mph... and i was just riding a guys ass... but that wasn't the case...

1000cckiller
Well, you did follow too closely... :thinking: :lmfao: . Killer I am sorry man, but it happens that way sometimes.

Sammich
12-04-2007, 08:54 AM
i'm usually 2 car lengths behind someone, incase they pull some stupid stunt like that it gives me time to react...even when i drive crazy i make sure i get from behind them...i HATE being close behind someone...

1000cckiller
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
i'm usually 2 car lengths behind someone, incase they pull some stupid stunt like that it gives me time to react...even when i drive crazy i make sure i get from behind them...i HATE being close behind someone...because you like them close behind you. :lmfao:

Ruiner
12-04-2007, 08:57 AM
i don't see how that counts as following too closely.... we were all coming too a stop... at a red light... and the light turned... so the traffic started picking up speed... next thing i know everyone is stopped again... AT A GREEN LIGHT... and the other lane(on my right) was still moving as normal...

also in front of the guy i hit was like 5-10 ft of skid marks from where the guy in front of him locked it down... which doesn't make any sense because that's right in front of the line where you have to stop at the light...

i'd understand if traffic was going more than 15 mph... and i was just riding a guys ass... but that wasn't the case...

It doesn't really matter *why* the guy slammed on his brakes. He has the right to do so (as do you).

GA Law states that you are supposed to allow for proper distance between vehicles. In theory, you should wait until the car in front of you moves a few cars ahead of you before you even start to move (when taking off from a stop).

The distance between the two cars at any given time should correspond to being able to *stop* should in time should something like this happen.

I hate to tell you this, but by not paying attention at all times to the car in front of you, the fault rests upon you. :(

That's basically the law in a nutshell.

Killer
12-04-2007, 08:59 AM
i'm usually 2 car lengths behind someone, incase they pull some stupid stunt like that it gives me time to react...even when i drive crazy i make sure i get from behind them...i HATE being close behind someone...

yeah, same here... i stay a couple car lengths back when DRIVING...

but not stopping at a red light... when stopping at a red light in atlanta traffic i don't know who isn't close to another vehicle...

Sammich
12-04-2007, 09:01 AM
because you like them close behind you. :lmfao:

i will kill u if u reveal my secrets:ninja:

but not stopping at a red light... when stopping at a red light in atlanta traffic i don't know who isn't close to another vehicle...

i'm talkin about being stopped at a red light...i allow about 2car lengths between me and the other person

Killer
12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
It doesn't really matter *why* the guy slammed on his brakes. He has the right to do so (as do you).

GA Law states that you are supposed to allow for proper distance between vehicles. In theory, you should wait until the car in front of you moves a few cars ahead of you before you even start to move (when taking off from a stop).

The distance between the two cars at any given time should correspond to being able to *stop* should in time should something like this happen.

I hate to tell you this, but by not paying attention at all times to the car in front of you, the fault rests upon you. :(

That's basically the law in a nutshell.

i know i'm at fault for the damage to the vehicle... i'm just saying there is no need for a ticket... and the vehicles in front of me were moving... then stopped.. we were approaching a red light and slowing down... so i was a couple car lengths back.. but in the time it took me to check my right side then look back the cars had stopped...

Glides
12-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Yea, it sucks. Nobody wants to be in a wreck. But I know you were following too closely...because you hit him. :D

Sorry to hear man. I had to go through the same thing. Cops get there and they don't want to investigate, they just want to write a ticket and go. The average everyday cop isn't Monk, they just look at the obvious and issue citations on that.

Least it didn't damage your car.

GIXXERDK
12-04-2007, 09:05 AM

You rear ended someone, so at SOME POINT you were following too closely. He could of purposely brake checked you, and still you would be at fault.

Sammich
12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
i love brake checking people lol

Spectic Tank
12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
I had almost the exact same accident a couple of years ago at a red light on 316 and Collins Hill. I was looking at my phone instead of paying attention to the road, and when I looked up the person in front of me had slammed on there brakes and there was nothing I could do.

Fortunately for me she was really cool and told the cop that the person in front of her slammed on their brakes for no reason(which they did) and I had no time to stop. The cop didn't write me a ticket, which he should have.

You probably wont have to go to court, I'm sure you can mail in your payment for the fine.

Killer
12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
You rear ended someone, so at SOME POINT you were following too closely. He could of purposely brake checked you, and still you would be at fault.

well, again.. i've admitted to being at fault... i could have waited to look to merge.. so yeah it's my fault...

but a citation... i don't see a need for...

Killer
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
I had almost the exact same accident a couple of years ago at a red light on 316 and Collins Hill. I was looking at my phone instead of paying attention to the road, and when I looked up the person in front of me had slammed on there brakes and there was nothing I could do.

Fortunately for me she was really cool and told the cop that the person in front of her slammed on there brakes for no reason(which they did) and I had no time to stop. The cop didn't write me a ticket, which he should have.

You probably wont have to go to court, I'm sure you can mail in your payment forthe fine.

well, i was paying attention is the thing... i mean i was looking before i merged.. which is what you're supposed to do...

the officer did say i'd have to go to court though "last he heard"

Spectic Tank
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM

It's the Government...they got to make that money!

GIXXERDK
12-04-2007, 09:15 AM
well, again.. i've admitted to being at fault... i could have waited to look to merge.. so yeah it's my fault...

You usually always get a ticket. My brother was in a serious wreck, yet the heart less **** still gave my brother a "Failure to maintain lane" ticket.

Killer
12-04-2007, 09:18 AM
gay

hydroshutter
12-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Man, shouldn't have been following too closely.

Fred Sanford
12-04-2007, 10:52 AM
So you got into a gay wreck? What does that entail, your balls touched?

fucksohc
12-04-2007, 10:58 AM
damn dude that sucks...

i was driving down the road and hit a branch in the road and busted my lip off my car...

not as bad but still sucks lol

1SLWPOS
12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
If there is a wreck on a public road they have to give someone a ticket for not following some law if your in a manual and you roll back into someone's car they get a ticket and they where not even moving.

ISAtlanta300
12-04-2007, 01:35 PM

Sadly for you, the "need" for the citation is to establish fault, so that your insurance can fix the other guys' car.....

§treet_§peed
12-04-2007, 01:38 PM
9 times out of 10 when you hit someone in the rear they will always give you a following to closely ticket

hondachik
12-04-2007, 01:58 PM

ur still following too closely...doesn't mean u had to be moving, meant while u were at the stop u were also stopped too closely...either way u look, u cannot beat the ticket & u were indeed following too closely...sorry man, thats just the law.

hondachik
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM

x2...I hate when people ride me so I wouldn't do it to someone else...besides, with my car being so low I doubt I get any damage done to their car anyways outside of minor damage..I would be the loser in any rear end situation

Killer
12-04-2007, 02:03 PM
well like i said.. what sucks more is dude changed his mind after i already called the cops...

so had he chilled out sooner it would have been no harm no foul and i would have just bought him a new bumper.

hondachik
12-04-2007, 02:04 PM
If there is a wreck on a public road they have to give someone a ticket for not following some law if your in a manual and you roll back into someone's car they get a ticket and they where not even moving.

Lol...I like that rule..I have an automatic and it does that on hills if I come off my brakes. I do it on purpose sometimes if someone is too close to me just to teach them to back off.

hondachik
12-04-2007, 02:08 PM
well like i said.. what sucks more is dude changed his mind after i already called the cops...

so had he chilled out sooner it would have been no harm no foul and i would have just bought him a new bumper.

Lol..I would have let him leave and when the cops got there just told them the dude left...lol...that way, I save on insurance rates going up and I save on a ticket (cop can't prove I hit anyone).

Killer
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Lol..I would have let him leave and when the cops got there just told them the dude left...lol...that way, I save on insurance rates going up and I save on a ticket (cop can't prove I hit anyone).

i told him to go on and i would handle everything... but dude just kinda hung around...

even after i told him we had to move our vehicles to the side of the road he didn't even try to move it...

Deke
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Sucky situation man, but sh*t happens.

I did one time have a friend that didn't get a ticket for rear-ending someone. He was following a car too close and they slammed on the brakes for no apparent reason. The girl that hit her brakes was driving a kid somewhere and apparently the kid tickled her which caused her to do it. She admitted it to the cops and she ended up getting the ticket for reckless driving. Granted, I feel that he should of gotten one too though because he was obviously following too close.

I'm not saying I think you're by any means a bad driver or person or anything because of it (I've been close to doing the same thing before), and the other guy is a douche, but you deserved the ticket. Like I said, sh*t happens.