PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

niner849
12-04-2007, 05:13 AM
so i i have 96 rs with 17' wheels that kinda lifted my car up a little. Also being ten years old the ride isn't the softest. So i wanted to got some new shocks to make it a better ride and while i was getting new shocks i thuohgt it was a good time to lower it as well. I just use my car mainly as a daily driver so i don't need preformance parts i just want a lower stance and a softer ride. what do u think i should do....?

SiRed94
12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
lowering springs.... and just some stock replacement shocks...

AnthonyF
12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, if you lower your car, that doesnt mean your ride quality is going to get any better. If you enjoy the stiffness and slight bouciness then that is what your going to get when you lower it. if you want a nice ride with a little lower clearence, put OEM struts on your car and run eibach springs.

That is what i am running on my mustang. Now, if you have PLENTY of money to spend on suspension, then there are some great suspension kits for cars that lower and are adjustable while still maintaining a nice ride...but for lots of cash.

niner849
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
what type of eibach springs?

niner849
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
I was thinking about going with the Matrix coil over kit so i can adjust my ride height and for the shock i would go with the KYB GR-2 gas shocks and struts to make the ride more comfortable... does this sound good.

SiRed94
12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I was thinking about going with the Matrix coil over kit so i can adjust my ride height and for the shock i would go with the KYB GR-2 gas shocks and struts to make the ride more comfortable... does this sound good.

matrix coilovers do not ride comfortably... and most coilovers are not made for comfort... i would suggest lowering springs as stated before if you are looking for comfort and yes the gr-2 would be a good shock to go with the lowering springs....

AnthonyF
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I can tell you, I had a 98 Civic EX with KYB AGX 8-way adj. on the rear and KYB AGX 4-way adj. on the front. The ride was stiff and bouncy. But it could handle like a frigin dream. It wasnt fast, but it could hold some great speed through the corners.

Eibach Pro kit. the sport kit will lower it really far but might damage your new struts

niner849
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
i was looking at the TEIN h-tech and there tein S- tech any thoughts on these's ...

AnthonyF
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
i heard TEINs are nice as hail! so, u might be able to recover some nice ride comfort from that setup.

niner849
12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
does any one know hat the differance is between the two types are???