PDA

View Full Version : looking to paint car!

J-ROCK
12-03-2007, 09:14 PM
im bout to start dericing my accord! i want to go back with the stock green color and was wondering if anyone knew somewhere i could get it painted under 500 bucks! if anyone knows please let me know!

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Sprayglo is probably gonna be your best bet for that...

Ricer
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Maaco sometimes runs half price deals when they are slow... I know on the south side the new Maaco in Newnan and the Fayetteville Maaco were both running their half price deals for a while... not sure if they still are. I wouldn't expect much of a paint job for $500 though.

EvasiveEF9
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah...like at **place I work** 500$ is just getting started.

I see you're a paint guy, too? What kind of experience ya got? Got any highlight cars?

Ricer
12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
i dont paint much... i sell paint :)... not allowed to tell you where i work on here tho.. dont want to get yelled at again for advertising

EvasiveEF9
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
LoL, but they can't yell at you for saying WHAT company paint you see, as it's not advertisement to your shop...

But being in the business, I can probably figure it out. :)

We use Standox. Stuff smells bad...but covers well. We USED to use PPG...but **our dealer** was bought out by Standox, so...we switched. It seems to do better than PPG...I'm not a sprayer, but I hear all the he-say she-say...

Ricer
12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
paint is paint... it all works if you know what you're doing... but actually they CAN yell.. cuz the the name of the paint is the same as the name of my store...

EvasiveEF9
12-04-2007, 09:27 PM
...well, now I know who it is...

LoL.

True...but it just seemed we had alot more come-backs with PPG than with the Standox (well...that is...now that our painter has played with it a little bit)

The BUCKY
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
i use dupont chromabase but my supplier is hinting towards standox

EvasiveEF9
12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
No complaints for standox from my side....

Bucky usually uses good ****...so if HE uses it...it's good. :)

Ricer
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
well like i said... its all good **** if you know how to paint.. and it all has its advantages and disadvantages

The BUCKY
12-04-2007, 09:39 PM
No complaints for standox from my side....

Bucky usually uses good ****...so if HE uses it...it's good. :)

i buy from auto color. they say i would be more happy with standox for all the custom stuff i do. and its actually a lil cheaper. i think i will start using it for my high dollar custom work. but VC and wheels and such will stick with Dupont. hasnt done me wrong yet

Crazy Asian
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey painter's I got a question or people who paint? Why does paint start to chip after a while? Even if you dont get in a car accident it's just starts to flake. My friend told me the urethane was flexing or soemthing.

UpSideDownDesi
12-04-2007, 09:44 PM
don't expect much out of $500

lilmanx01
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
do you need any body work done? i found this guy up on 78 that has done some good work and is priced pretty well

Gabe
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
for 550 u can get a base clear out of us ;) with 5 year warranty and ill even end up spraying it for you

lilmanx01
12-05-2007, 12:02 AM
^^what?! 550? lame. my quote was so much more -.-

EvasiveEF9
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
i buy from auto color. they say i would be more happy with standox for all the custom stuff i do. and its actually a lil cheaper. i think i will start using it for my high dollar custom work. but VC and wheels and such will stick with Dupont. hasnt done me wrong yet
We buy from the same vendor...

Hey painter's I got a question or people who paint? Why does paint start to chip after a while? Even if you dont get in a car accident it's just starts to flake. My friend told me the urethane was flexing or soemthing.
...weren't you supposed to visit me?

It can be many things... Once paint starts to chip, it only gets worse. Chips can start cuz something flew up from the road (especially when you're doing 100mph...and there's very few people on the site that can say they NEVER have...) or it can prepped improperly, or it can just be dried out...

Crazy Asian
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
ya got tied down with business. Coming there today well not right now but later on. I gots to paint my car this winter before spring semester. So ya.

EvasiveEF9
12-05-2007, 12:42 AM
^^what?! 550? lame. my quote was so much more -.-
...you're new to the site. Granted, you may NOT agree with what someone else has to say on the site...it's NOT wise to mock a SPONSOR of the site...

You'll learn quickly...

Something to also keep in mind with paint is that paint is costly...but the oz. Some cars require more. Some cars require more prep time. Shops also quote differently.

I would HIGHLY reccomend you put yourself in check...

Oh...and in addition...while you "may or may not" have a "buddy" who "may or may not" be able to do body work...you will get banned if you advertise for a "buddy" if they are not a sponsor of the site...

Check the rules of the site before you post, again...

Crazy Asian
12-05-2007, 12:43 AM
there's no way in hell a 500 paint job is gonna look good at all.

EvasiveEF9
12-05-2007, 12:45 AM
ya got tied down with business. Coming there today well not right now but later on. I gots to paint my car this winter before spring semester. So ya.
Yeah, man, no rush...but...why before spring semester?

Come by whenever. Doors are open. Would be a pleasure to meet you in person, though. And I can't wait to see the outcome of the car.

EvasiveEF9
12-05-2007, 12:45 AM
there's no way in hell a 500 paint job is gonna look good at all.
Or...it will...but won't last....