PDA

View Full Version : haiiir

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
My girl and I were talking about hair growing and I was thinking about how people say your hair grows faster if you cut it. I've always thought that was bull**** because your hair grows from the root and not the tip. What does everyone have to say? I've never had a REAL answer that someone was sure of.

thinkfast®
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-album-cover-cat.jpg

Shawna
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Your hair does not grow faster if you cut it. Your hair is a part of your blood system and is already dead so there for cutting off the ends does nothing but make it look healthier. You can stimulate new growth by massaging your scalp but thats about it. You can take vitamins and other suppliments that once in your system your blood stream can provide these extra nutriants causing your hair to grow faster. Your "roots" are actually inside of your scalp aka follicles....

I went to school for cosmetology

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Lol.

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Your hair does not grow faster if you cut it. Your hair is a part of your blood system and is already dead so there for cutting off the ends does nothing but make it look healthier. You can stimulate new growth by massaging your scalp but thats about it. You can take vitamins and other suppliments that once in your system your blood stream can provide these extra nutriants causing your hair to grow faster. Your "roots" are actually inside of your scalp aka follicles....

I went to school for cosmetology

Ah, I see. Yeah, my girlfriend was just amazed at fast my hair grows. But I think it's frow being partially Native American.

Bballjamal
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Parents tell kids to cut their hair for it to grow faster because they think their kids look focking retarded....

nuff said

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Haha, my hair is past the middle of my back. I had short hair forever and I got sick of looking the same, at least growing your hair out goes in stages.

Shawna
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Ah, I see. Yeah, my girlfriend was just amazed at fast my hair grows. But I think it's frow being partially Native American.

a lot of it can have to do with what you eat and what meds you take. this is why when ppl are doing chemo their hair can fall out bc the meds are in their blood stream and its like poison. It is actually very interesting. I got to learn pretty much everything that has to do with the human body.

Blitanicle99
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Weird... I want my hair to grow faster so I can get it cut and fixed because the last idiot who cut it ****ed it up!

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Haha, yea I don't take any meds at all and I try to as healthy as any teenager can LOL.

The Ninja
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Haha, my hair is past the middle of my back. I had short hair forever and I got sick of looking the same, at least growing your hair out goes in stages.

My hair is at the middle of my back braided.... :ninja:

that is all.

Revmaynard
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Mine isn't braided....

Crazy Asian
12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
shawna gives the best scalp massages. I swear I wet my pants one time.

Stormhammer
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM
my hair is leaving my head. male pattern baldness ftl. and I'm only 20 :(

Blitanicle99
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
So wait if you get your scalp/head massaged you hair grows faster?

RandomGuy
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
my hair is leaving my head. male pattern baldness ftl. and I'm only 20 :(seriously i was like omfg dude wtf

you look like you just went thru chemotherapy

ahmonrah
12-04-2007, 01:56 AM
my hair is leaving my head. male pattern baldness ftl. and I'm only 20 :(funny....mine didnt do the same til after being nearly killed(age 27) and watchin my lil bruh.....lemme just say stress plays a factor too.

hmmm, yeah put your dad is a loving headlock while screaming "it's all your fault dammit!!" while he looks confused like "what's my fault?" til he passes out. dont kill him though....

Kelly
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Dead ends can break off... Cutting them off makes it look healthier (like shawna said)... and will make it grow more evenly...