PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question.

IOnlyLookStock
12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Car = Supercharged 94 GSR

So heres the problem...

At night while I am driving I notice that the lights go a little dim. So I usually push in the clutch and rev it a little and they usualy brighten up again. every once in a while though they just go dimmer and dimmer.

Heres what I have done already...

I used a volt meter to measure the current while car was on, it reads out 13.68 amps, so thats all good.
I checked the alt. at auto zone, its good.
And I checked all the grounds on the car. They are all good

Any suggestions on what it could be? Reps given to any helpful advice at all as usual.

EmminoDaGreat
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
you have underdrive puleys? check battery condition.

DaRussian
12-03-2007, 01:29 AM
i had a problem simular to that with a Maxima, i went to autozone they told me that the alt was good and was pushing high 13s, but the car was dying. then i went got a new alt and it fixed the problem. thats just my experience....

IOnlyLookStock
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
you have underdrive puleys? check battery condition.

No pulleys and the battery is brand spanking new, as in I bought it from Autozone 2 weeks ago

SiRed94
12-03-2007, 10:36 AM
No pulleys and the battery is brand spanking new, as in I bought it from Autozone 2 weeks ago

it could still be bad... could've been a manufacturer's defect or something... have it checked as well...

SiRed94
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM
also try rechecking the voltage at the battery with the headlights on with the car idling... the alternator may not be putting out enough while the electrical system is under a load...

FlyingStroke240
12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
It should be your alt...going out.

scttydb411
12-03-2007, 10:59 PM
what modifications have been done to the car?

IOnlyLookStock
12-04-2007, 12:48 AM
what modifications have been done to the car?

Whats up Scotty, Its Ricky, with the Supercharger GSR that you tuned a couple months ago. The car hasn't changed one bit since you tuned it so you may remember it.

scttydb411
12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
the car runs fine other than that? no cel? bring it by so i can connect with the laptop to see if you're losing voltage while driving or boosting. if voltage drops low enough it can affect fuel flow. however, this sounds more like the alternator is going bad or a ground issue.

AnthonyF
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM

=the garbage. we only sell/install Interstate. :goodjob:

maybe just a failing alternator. you said its every now and then. so i'd have to say that would be your prob. stay away from that autozone crap

IOnlyLookStock
12-04-2007, 09:38 PM
the car runs fine other than that? no cel? bring it by so i can connect with the laptop to see if you're losing voltage while driving or boosting. if voltage drops low enough it can affect fuel flow. however, this sounds more like the alternator is going bad or a ground issue.

When is a good time to stop by? I'm thinking Tuesday or Thursdays but when exactly? And which tuesday or thursday?