PDA

View Full Version : FCKING BULL**** DEER

Benefit
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
so im following my friend and out of nowhere he runs over a dead deer carcass and before i could even have time to react because i only saw it for a split second , i run it over , and my car being slammed, the carcass completely ****ed my shift linkage or something up , because it will not go into any gear correctly....

i saw 2 officers immediately afterwards and i went to them , flashed my beams and pulled over , i asked him if there was anything the city could do hes like no they wont help you...

WHAT THE FCK FUKCKING BULL**** STUPID **** ****ING GATY ASS **** GOD DAMNIT

Dracc
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
yeah bruh.. a dead dear is basicly on you man .. if it was a pot hole or something then maybe

coolcat
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Pics?

Thighs
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
yeah it happens. thats what ahppened to my aspire, but the whole front of the car got ****ed up. thats why i started driving WAYYYY far behind people and slower at night.

Jaimecbr900
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Man, I hate that something happened to your car.....BUT in all honesty......HOW do you not see a dead deer in the middle of the road??? :thinking: Seriously.

MistaCee
12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Man, I hate that something happened to your car.....BUT in all honesty......HOW do you not see a dead deer in the middle of the road??? :thinking: Seriously.

My thoughts exactly

AnthonyF
12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
im so lucky, i live way out in the country and have never hit a deer. few small animals, nothing big

LQQKITZME
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
so im following my friend and out of nowhere he runs over a dead deer carcass and before i could even have time to react because i only saw it for a split second , i run it over , and my car being slammed, the carcass completely ****ed my shift linkage or something up , because it will not go into any gear correctly....

i saw 2 officers immediately afterwards and i went to them , flashed my beams and pulled over , i asked him if there was anything the city could do hes like no they wont help you...

WHAT THE FCK FUKCKING BULL**** STUPID **** ****ING GATY ASS **** GOD DAMNIT

Yeah if you run over an animal you don't call the cops unless a human is injured thats georgia law..

Dracc
12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
call PETA.. have them pay for it

Kamikaze
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
We hit a deer a few weeks ago. The way it kept sliding after the impact took away some of the anger. But hey, you live in the boonies, you pay the price. :D

Benefit
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
IT WAS NOT ME , I WAS FOLLOWING MY FRIEND. I JUST TOLD HIM HOW HE DID NOT SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD MAYBE A SPLIT SECOND , 2 THINGS CAME TO MY MIND , SWERVE AND DIE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCE.

Benefit
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
MY CAR SMELLS LIKE ****ING DEAD DEER GOD DAMNIT...ALL I SAW WAS MY FRIENDS CAR ****TING A DEER FROM HIS BUMPER...AND MAYBE 1 SECOND TO THINK...DAMNIT...but is the shift linkage bent or something?

Benefit
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM

if i was in front i would of seen it

man
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
MY CAR SMELLS LIKE ****ING DEAD DEER GOD DAMNIT...ALL I SAW WAS MY FRIENDS CAR ****TING A DEER FROM HIS BUMPER...AND MAYBE 1 SECOND TO THINK...DAMNIT...but is the shift linkage bent or something?

Were you tailgating the **** out of him?

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
that suxs...not really much you can get the city to do tho....not like they could have prevented a deer from being dead in the road...sorry man!

Benefit
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
no it was raining and night time i dont do that ****

Greddypacked
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Put the car on a lift, raise it up and clean that bad boy. You probably have guts underneath your ride. You never know it might help the cause a lil.

Benefit
12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
that suxs...not really much you can get the city to do tho....not like they could have prevented a deer from being dead in the road...sorry man!

theres no cosmetic damage , just mechanical, im thinking the shift linkage might be bent , the thing that makes the really mad is all the dead ****in carcass on the underside of my car. shift linkage anyone shift linkage???

i pray to god the oil pan is not bent or bent the pickup , the exhaust hangers have alot of flesh hanging from it....

i dont even want to get underneath the car to try and look at it because it smells so ****ing bad...

it goes into all gears but i have to sort of force it or find the "sweet spot" if u call it...but god damnit....

Benefit
12-02-2007, 09:02 PM
whatever , gunna go to honda parts connection try to salvage a shift linkage because im pretty sure its just bent or something....really dont want to get under the car because it smells like dead ****in deer

Thighs
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM

how should we know? look at it and see...

Leadfoot_mf
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
i guess that is why you shouldnt follow so close.

redrumracer
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
first off shouldnt have been following so closely at night. now that thats said call the dep of natural resources. as long as you have proof that it was a wild animal that you hit you might be able to get paid. thats how it worked when i hit a deer.

Doppelgänger
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
l o l o l o l o l at this thread.

You really think shifting the blame on something rather then sucking up to th efact that sh!t happens, things will be better? Get over it and stop whining and rationally think about what happened. I hit a [dead] deer in my gf's car going 80mph on the interstate. Yes, i IMMIDATELY call the police so that they could make a incident report (needed if you claim insurance). There was some cosmetic damage, but nothing major.

Anyway. I'll give you something to think about. It's a good chance you might have busted a motor mount and knocked the shift linkage (is it cable or bars? if cable, not likely that its th eproblem). If you hit the deer dead center of the car (no pun intended), you might have put a good bit of pressure on the mounts and knocked them askew.

ahmonrah
12-02-2007, 11:56 PM
damn...had a friend that hit a deer on the azz one time(not in it, i hope) but the deer was running across the street on a mad dash, managed to pick it's hind legs up, but couldnt clear it's azz, he did a nice amount of cosmetic damage but insurance covered it, he called them soon as it happened, then the police.

it was a dark and stormy night as well.....

redrumracer
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
have yall ever hit a cow. thats the real question cuz them bishes arent supposed to be in the middle of the road at night :(

ahmonrah
12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
i havent, i'm sure hitting a cow or bull is like slamming into a wall with a "MOOOOOOOOOO!!!" button.....

but the friend i mentioned before hit the deer, and my sister (w/a chevy lumina) and some guy going in the opposite direction(w/a dodge ram1500) tag teamed one (a deer) off of hwy314 in riverdale. when i went the next morning to her house, on hwy 314 it was a deer, right on the center line but it looked like a big ass ball. slowed as i drive past and it's ass was touching it's nose backwards! she had deer chunks and fur all over the left front end. the dodge? nothing to major wrong at all!

redrumracer
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
no there wasnt actually a mooooooo sound but the cow flipped over the car and as i was slowing down i had a buddy in the car and we where argueing over weather it was a cow or a deer. i thought it was just a huge ass deer, cuz a cow isnt supposed to be in the middle of the road right.

Benefit
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
yea i was thinking of calling my insurance...idk this sucks

TallGuy
12-03-2007, 12:24 AM
why don't you call the police and tell them you hit a deer, get a report and then have your insurance pay for it.

Benefit
12-03-2007, 12:28 AM
2 officers came to check it out, i saw lights and went back to that area...they said they could do nothing....

i dont see anything towards the front of the car , underneath the engine bay...theres flesh and blood around the shifter area so thats why i say shift linkage....the underside of the engine bay area looks good...

RandomGuy
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
precisely why RWD pwns :)

GIXXERDK
12-03-2007, 08:43 AM
IT WAS NOT ME , I WAS FOLLOWING MY FRIEND. I JUST TOLD HIM HOW HE DID NOT SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD MAYBE A SPLIT SECOND , 2 THINGS CAME TO MY MIND , SWERVE AND DIE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCE.

They enforce "Following too closely" for a reason.

DeX
12-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Shouldn't have been following so closely. I don't feel bad for you. And if you see a carcas on the road, even if you don't hit it, take the time to pull over and remove it so nobody else hits it.

road1will
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I ran over a dead deer once too on the highway. No, i wasnt following to closely, and there were people on either side of me and i was unable to stop in time.

Unlike w hat some others said in the thread, yes DO call the police even if its already dead when you hit it. I called the police, got a police report, turned it in to state farm and all damages were covered. It was a comprehensive claim and only cost me $50

ahmonrah
12-04-2007, 02:26 AM
so what's the update benefit?

i think it's the nissan god telling you
http://maochan.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/nissan-dualis.jpg
"vengance is mine!!"

ahmonrah
12-04-2007, 02:39 AM
no there wasnt actually a mooooooo sound but the cow flipped over the car and as i was slowing down i had a buddy in the car and we where argueing over weather it was a cow or a deer. i thought it was just a huge ass deer, cuz a cow isnt supposed to be in the middle of the road right.
it was prolly a stud across the street and her azz was like:
http://www.jacobp.org/cutenews/data/upimages/cow-nose_400.gif

he was like:
"horny? i know you are! me? cant you tell? come my sweet heifer, comeeeee....."
http://www.rockyridgerefuge.com/imageFolder/lurch/Lurch-8A.jpg

so she took off with wild abandon, until you ruined her day......
now she's
http://www.wou.edu/%7Eboomers/research/MMLID/intrometh/beef.jpg