PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods h22a top mount turbo manifold

B_Hoov
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
i want to get rid of my greddy turbo manifold and buy a top mount, the turbo is WAY too close to my ac compressor and lines, yes it still has AC, im going to get rid of my HUGE fluidine radiator and get a smaller aluminum one from an EG or EK, the turbo is beginning to melt the rear shroud on my expensive ass fans! i have seen one but i believe it was made by hand and full custom, im a welder but i do not have the bender it would require etc...does anyone know where i could buy the pre-bent parts and the h22a flange ( i guess i could cut mine off ) and a t3/t4 flange as well? i would really like to just buy a nice top mount manifold if possible.

japan4racing
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
im not sure if its possible to keep a/c with a good topmount. i have a peakboost topmount on my gsr and a/c will never fit on again

DarKStaR
12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
There was one on honda-tech a while back that lets you keep ac, but i dont remember who makes it....i think i saw it in the prelude forum...

japan4racing
12-02-2007, 11:25 PM
peakboost makes one but its rediculous looking:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cheapturbo_1975_18627781
they made 10 of these..one is for sale on h-t right now

patrick4588
12-02-2007, 11:30 PM
i bet that ***** is expensive as ****. pretty badass though

d16_turbo
12-03-2007, 12:04 AM
something like this will work

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/d16_turbo/h22.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/d16_turbo/h22a.jpg

SouthSide Tay
12-03-2007, 04:05 AM
h22s boosted look funny due to fact that there is not a lot of room in the engine
bay.

B_Hoov
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i agree, the first one is probably a couple grand, and the other would be where my battery is but i would get to keep the a/c...looks like it's time to relocate that battery! posted this picture to get opinions on weither this manifold will work or not and what would need to be moved/ come out in order to cram it in there, again opinions welcome, i want the leat amount of problems with this thing when it comes time to move everything. looks like i am going to lose my A/C, the compressor line looks like it's going to be a problem...

B_Hoov
12-04-2007, 08:05 PM
think they only make one for an h23??? i think im gonna have to seriously modify the one i have now, i think if i cut the turbo mount off, flip it to be level ( top mount ) i can fill in the small void with some stainless pipe i have at my shop. the ones available are going to be too expesnive and im going to lose A/C, a very valuable thing in this state....will take pics of before and after but it will be a couple of weeks before i have time to remove the turbo and manifold.

K24cb7coupe
12-05-2007, 05:30 PM
why dont you move you fans to the other side of the radiator and reverse the polarity. use heat wrap on you ac line to prevent damage.

B_Hoov
12-05-2007, 05:52 PM
i would like to sell my radiator and and one of my fans to get a smaller one from an ek or something like that, put it off to the right in the picture to leave room for the bigger turbo im going to get. the manifold coming off of the turbo to the exhaust (no it's not exhaust pipe it's some sort of manifold ) is touching the ac line, once i get this manifold figured out i need to use the flange off of that manifold and use 3" stainless exhaust piping to replace that re tarted looking manifold.