PDA

View Full Version : Misc Damn OSU AND LSU!!!

Reaper
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
UGA is in the Sugar...blah discuss.

On_Her_Face
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
i see nothing wrong.

Reaper
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
67% of the nation believes neither team should be playing in the bowl according to ESPN...I believe they should have dropped the number 3 and 4 team down. But Considering LSU has the record they do, congrats, but I personally don't believe they should be there.

allmotoronly
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
67% of the nation believes neither team should be playing in the bowl according to ESPN...I believe they should have dropped the number 3 and 4 team down. But Considering LSU has the record they do, congrats, but I personally don't believe they should be there.

lol I just saw that too.

Reaper
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I started laughing my ass off that no one wants them there lol

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
UGA shouldnt be there....thats all i have to say....

Ohh and go Ohio St!

On_Her_Face
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
of course 67% doesnt want them there, they want THEIR team there.. you can't send UGA (they didn't win the SEC)

so who do you think should be there?

HyPer50
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Thats such BS that Ohio State didn't play a game, yet they move up 3 places to #1, and UGA doesn't play a game but they move down? WTF is that?

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
^^mehhh :D

Reaper
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
of course 67% doesnt want them there, they want THEIR team there.. you can't send UGA (they didn't win the SEC)

so who do you think should be there?

UGA and Oklahoma. OSU didn't play anyone worth a ****, and I don't care if they won the SEC conference or not. UGA had a higher ranking. They should've dropped the number 3 and 4 teams. But I'm biased as hell so there really isn't any convincing me otherwise lol

HyPer50
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I highly disagree with the outcome.. But all I can say is I hope LSU kicks Ohio States teeth in and proves just like last year, SEC is the dominant conference. OSU makes it to the National championship by playing some cup cake schedule, yet the SEC takes it self out by playing much harder schedules.

LQQKITZME
12-02-2007, 08:07 PM
UGA shouldnt be there....thats all i have to say....

Ohh and go Ohio St!

Ohio will get trucked like they did last year by an Sec Team

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:08 PM
exactly, now that UGA isn't in it, I gotta root for the SEC! GO LSU!

LQQKITZME
12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
How the Hell did Ohio go up and georgia got moved down I HATE THE BCS BULL ****

How the **** did Georgia get to play gay as Hawaii # 5 vs # 10 team :thinking: Georgia should play a top 5 team atleast.

rollininstyle2004
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Ohh and go Ohio St!
:umno:

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:17 PM

How the **** did Georgia get to play gay as Hawaii # 5 vs # 10 team :thinking: Georgia should play a top 5 team atleast.

I was wondering the same thing..the BCS is:gay:

Greddypacked
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Because everyone knows the rankings this year have gone haywire. I mean most all of the top 10 teams lost to an unranked team this year lol. BTW this is why Hawaii is playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

The 11-0 Warriors yesterday placed 12th in the Bowl Championship Series standings, a significant position that could earn the school millions of dollars.

If the Warriors defeat Washington Saturday to complete an unbeaten regular season, they more than likely would earn a berth in a lucrative BCS post-season game. A participating team would earn more than $4 million.

The BCS is comprised of five major post-season bowls. Six berths go to champions of the BCS conferences — Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10 and Southeastern.

There are four at-large spots. A team from a non-BCS conference, such as Hawai'i of the Western Athletic Conference, is guaranteed an at-large berth if it finishes in the top 12 of the final BCS standings. Two polls (USA Today, Harris Interactive) and six computer rankings determine the BCS standings.

"If we win (Saturday), there's no doubt we're in," UH defensive coordinator Greg McMackin said. "We've won 21 out of our last 22 games (dating to September 2006). We're undefeated, and nobody else has done that. We feel fortunate to do it to this point."

Kansas, which lost to Missouri Saturday, was the only other unbeaten Division I-A team entering the weekend.

Usually an undefeated team gets top 5, but since they arent in such a big conference it was harder to achieve a better rank w/ all the huge schools.

NewGen33
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
They just don't have the creditability to go. I'm not to sure about OSU but LSU defiantly deserves to go. Will be there next year so its all good.

man
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

Even less believe UGA should be there

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
ha ha ha ha

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Even less believe UGA should be there

your just pissed cuz you got beat this year, typical UF fan statement.

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
who had fun watching last nights games? I know I was back an forth between channels watching the two top teams getting beat! It was a fun sat night football evening!

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
THIS ENTIRE SEASON HAS BEEN FUN!

Nittanys1
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
true that...this year has been crazy!

BlkMKII
12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I hate the bcs poles. They are all bullshyt, I don't care about all the standings i believe UGA should be there and them droping down because they didn't play a game and OHIO moving up and not playing a game is even more BULLSHYT!!

GO DAWGS!!

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
UGA and Missouri got the biggest shaft of all

man
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
your just pissed cuz you got beat this year, typical UF fan statement.

HAHAHA, not quite, especially since I also like UGA and will possibly be going there next year. You're just pissed because UGA fans are the only ones who think they deserve it.

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
HAHAHA, not quite, especially since I also like UGA and will possibly be going there next year. You're just pissed because UGA fans are the only ones who think they deserve it.

That's a contradiction in terms. lol

and I even said I was biased as hell, your probably right, but so are most of the other teams. Oh well.:goodjob:

man
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
That's a contradiction in terms. lol

and I even said I was biased as hell, your probably right, but so are most of the other teams. Oh well.:goodjob:

Very contradictory indeed, but my sister goes there also (big UF fan) and my best friend go there.

Reaper
12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Very contradictory indeed, but my sister goes there also (big UF fan) and my best friend go there.

It's a hard school, definintly looks good on a resume, Goodluck man:goodjob:

man
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
It's a hard school, definintly looks good on a resume, Goodluck man:goodjob:

Thanks, man. I went to Tech last year but didn't really like it. Can't see UGA being any harder, especially for a Computer Science major. And yes, it does look great on a resume, and on a plaque on the wall. :)

Reaper
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks, man. I went to Tech last year but didn't really like it. Can't see UGA being any harder, especially for a Computer Science major. And yes, it does look great on a resume, and on a plaque on the wall. :)

I couldn't go to Tech simply because of the Lack of half way decent vagina. And I doubt it's harder than Tech. I wish I was getting that plaque on the wall, oh well. GL man.

bafbrian
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
The BCS is jacked up and will continue to be until they change this system of determining the ranking.

This reminds me of a few years ago when Oklahoma lost the Big 12 Championship and still went to the National Title game, and were beaten again. At least they lost to teams ranked within the Top15 that year.

As far as this year goes, LSU loses to an unranked team in the last game of the year, which means they shouldn't playing in the National Title game. As for OSU, that speaks for itself.

Deke
12-02-2007, 10:56 PM
The outcome is exactly how it should be. LSU has a better record, they won their conference, and both of their losses came to good teams in triple OT. End of story.

{X}Echo419
12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
The outcome is exactly how it should be. LSU has a better record, they won their conference, and both of their losses came to good teams in triple OT. End of story.LSU lose 1 week ago to an UNRANKED TEAM. Ohio St. lost their last game to Illinois and I didn't even know IU had a football team. :rolleyes:

playing Hawaii is like fighting a girl. if ya win you beat up a girl....congrats. and if you lose, well you got beat by a girl.

we'll probally in ranking even if we win.

Deke
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm tired of trying to put logic into these threads. UGA didn't even win their division. LSU has a better record and won their conference. Deal with it.

JBalla1036
12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
The reason why OSU gets to play in the Championship is because they only have one loss. All the other teams besides Kansas(who has a very very weak strength of schedule.) and Hawaii who played one top 25 team in Boise State. They dont rly make cases for themselves in the BCS poll. Here is the procedure behind the BCS bowls.. http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility. Also the reason why Missouri didnt get in is because you cant have more than 2 teams from each conference get into a BCS game.

LQQKITZME
12-03-2007, 02:08 AM
The outcome is exactly how it should be. LSU has a better record, they won their conference, and both of their losses came to good teams in triple OT. End of story.

arkansas wasn't ranked and kentucky got walked over by georgia

Greddypacked
12-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the top 25 this year and usually the top 5 teams are undefeated. Im glad they are going they deserve it, plus they are probably getting 4 million dollars for their school just for going to this Bowl. They probably need that being a big school on an island, which is pretty cool.

Sport1.3
12-03-2007, 08:36 AM
playing Hawaii is like fighting a girl. if ya win you beat up a girl....congrats. and if you lose, well you got beat by a girl.

we'll probally in ranking even if we win.

Same way i feel. I wanted a game that would show the country our talent.....Hawaii is a great team, but if they had a hard time with Washington, UGA is going take them out back to the wood shed. I would have been happy with OU or even VT again

Sport1.3
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm tired of trying to put logic into these threads. UGA didn't even win their division. LSU has a better record and won their conference. Deal with it.

In season record and in season conference record for both teams were 10-2 and 6-2 respectively ;)

both teams lost to unranked opponents, both teams beat one Team that bested the other

If anything they were deadlocked

Reaper
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
LSU lose 1 week ago to an UNRANKED TEAM. Ohio St. lost their last game to Illinois and I didn't even know IU had a football team. :rolleyes:

we'll probally in ranking even if we win .

I actually said that to my dad right after I saw UGA was playing them. Hawaii deserves to be in a bowl for being undefeated, but they haven't played anyone. So it's going to be a masscre.

quickdodge®
12-03-2007, 09:34 AM
WTF is that?

Ice Cube said it best. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
12-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Hawaii deserves to be in a bowl for being undefeated, but they haven't played anyone.

Lol, how many top 5 teams lost to unranked teams this year that werent much either. Im going for GA of course, but im saying it might not be a blow out. Hawaii has alot to play for, they arent just going in there as a half a.. team. As you can tell they pretty much beat everybody by a good margin.

University of Hawaii's 2007 schedule and scores
09/02 N Colorado W 63-6
09/08 at La Tech W 45-44
09/15 at UNLV W 49-14
09/23 C Southern W 66-10
09/29 at Idaho W 48-20
10/07 Utah St W 52-37
10/12 at San Jose St W 42-35
10/28 New Mexico St W 50-13
11/10 Fresno St W 37-30
11/16 at Nevada W 28-26
11/23 #19 Boise St W 39-27
12/01 Washington W 35-28
01/01 vs #5 Georgia 8:30 PM

quickdodge®
12-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Lol, how many top 5 teams lost to unranked teams this year that werent much either. Im going for GA of course, but im saying it might not be a blow out. Hawaii has alot to play for, they arent just going in there as a half a.. team.

I agree. I don't think Hawaii is going to be as soft as most think. Later, QD.

nreggie454
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Hawaii beat them by a good margin, but they have played only two teams with a winning season (Boise State 10-2 and Fresno State 8-4), and one team that is .500 (Nevada 6-6). A couple of the teams were 11-1! Not only has Hawaii played nobodies, they have played mostly bad nobodies. Not to mention, those crappy ass teams put a decent amount of points on Hawaii.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 10:46 AM
67% of the nation believes neither team should be playing in the bowl according to ESPN...I believe they should have dropped the number 3 and 4 team down. But Considering LSU has the record they do, congrats, but I personally don't believe they should be there.67% from two states reaper. Pay attention.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 10:50 AM
In season record and in season conference record for both teams were 10-2 and 6-2 respectively ;)

both teams lost to unranked opponents, both teams beat one Team that bested the other

If anything they were deadlockedWe(LSU) beat more ranked teams than UGA. WE were 6-1 vs ranked teams. Where as UGA was 4-0 vs. ranked teams. We played a tougher schedule, and we won the sec title.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Lol, how many top 5 teams lost to unranked teams this year that werent much either. Im going for GA of course, but im saying it might not be a blow out. Hawaii has alot to play for, they arent just going in there as a half a.. team. As you can tell they pretty much beat everybody by a good margin.

University of Hawaii's 2007 schedule and scores
09/02 N Colorado W 63-6
09/08 at La Tech W 45-44
09/15 at UNLV W 49-14
09/23 C Southern W 66-10
09/29 at Idaho W 48-20
10/07 Utah St W 52-37
10/12 at San Jose St W 42-35
10/28 New Mexico St W 50-13
11/10 Fresno St W 37-30
11/16 at Nevada W 28-26
11/23 #19 Boise St W 39-27
12/01 Washington W 35-28
01/01 vs #5 Georgia 8:30 PMSchedule is weak as hell.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Same way i feel. I wanted a game that would show the country our talent.....Hawaii is a great team, but if they had a hard time with Washington, UGA is going take them out back to the wood shed. I would have been happy with OU or even VT againLet us remember last year. Oklahoma vs Boise State.

EM1toEVO
12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I may be biased since I go to UGA, but I really feel that we got shafted. There are other instances where schools have gone to the championship without winning their conference. Also, I know that TN beat us, but we beat KY(who beat LSU). It does not automatically make LSU better than GA. My problem is this: we earned our 4th place last week but now voters and coaches basically changed the BCS to push us out.

Greddypacked
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Schedule is weak as hell.

They beat those teams which are some good schools, and then played #19 Boise State and beat them just as bad. So they they might have demolished the scores w/ the other teams, but did just as good against a top 25 team. Ga should have no problem winning, but i know football and underdogs have won plenty of times. If Ga goes out there w/ a half a.. strategy they could lose.

Turnovers, injuries, bad calls can make any good team lose.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I may be biased since I go to UGA, but I really feel that we got shafted. There are other instances where schools have gone to the championship without winning their conference. Also, I know that TN beat us, but we beat KY(who beat LSU). It does not automatically make LSU better than GA. My problem is this: we earned our 4th place last week but now voters and coaches basically changed the BCS to push us out.Georgia BulldogsSelect TeamAir ForceAkronAlabamaAlabama A&MAlabama StateAlbanyAlcorn StateAppalachian StateArizonaArizona StateArkansasArkansas StateArkansas-Pine BluffArmyAuburnAustin PeayBall StateBaylorBethune-CookmanBoise StateBoston CollegeBowling GreenBrigham YoungBrownBucknellBuffaloButlerCal PolyCal State-NorthridgeCaliforniaCanisiusCentral ArkansasCentral Connecticut StateCentral MichiganCharleston SouthernChattanoogaCincinnatiClemsonCoastal CarolinaColgateColoradoColorado StateColumbiaConnecticutCornellDartmouthDavidsonDa ytonDelawareDelaware StateDrakeDukeDuquesneEast CarolinaEast Tennessee StateEastern IllinoisEastern KentuckyEastern MichiganEastern WashingtonElonFairfieldFloridaFlorida A&MFlorida AtlanticFlorida InternationalFlorida StateFordhamFresno StateFurmanGardner-WebbGeorgetownGeorgiaGeorgia SouthernGeorgia TechGramblingHamptonHarvardHawaiiHofstraHoly CrossHoustonHowardIdahoIdaho StateIllinoisIllinois StateIndianaIndiana StateIonaIowaIowa StateJackson StateJacksonville (Fl)Jacksonville StateJames MadisonKansasKansas StateKent StateKentuckyLSULa SalleLa.-LafayetteLafayetteLehighLibertyLouisiana TechLouisiana-MonroeLouisvilleMaineMaristMarshallMarylandMassach usettsMcNeese StateMemphisMiami (Fla.)Miami (Ohio)MichiganMichigan StateMiddle TennesseeMinnesotaMississippiMississippi StateMississippi Valley StateMissouriMissouri StateMonmouth (NJ)MontanaMontana StateMorehead State (KY)Morgan StateMorris BrownMurray StateNavyNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew MexicoNew Mexico StateNicholls StateNorfolk StateNorth CarolinaNorth Carolina A&TNorth Carolina StateNorth Dakota StateNorth TexasNortheasternNorthern ArizonaNorthern ColoradoNorthern IllinoisNorthern IowaNorthwesternNorthwestern StateNotre DameOhioOhio StateOklahomaOklahoma StateOregonOregon StatePenn StatePennsylvaniaPittsburghPortland StatePrairie View A&MPrincetonPurdueRhode IslandRiceRichmondRobert MorrisRutgersSacramento StateSacred HeartSam Houston StateSamfordSan DiegoSan Diego StateSan Jose StateSavannah StateSienaSouth CarolinaSouth Carolina StateSouth Dakota StateSouth FloridaSoutheast Missouri StateSoutheastern LouisianaSouthernSouthern CaliforniaSouthern IllinoisSouthern MethodistSouthern MississippiSouthern UtahSt. Francis (PA.)St. John'sSt. Mary's (CA)St. Peter'sStanfordStephen F. AustinStony BrookSyracuseTCUTempleTennesseeTennessee StateTennessee TechTennessee-MartinTexasTexas A&MTexas SouthernTexas State-San MarcosTexas TechTexas-El PasoThe CitadelToledoTowsonTroyTulaneTulsaUABUC DavisUCFUCLAUNLVUtahUtah StateVMIValparaisoVanderbiltVillanovaVirginiaVirgi nia TechWagnerWake ForestWashingtonWashington StateWeber StateWest VirginiaWestern CarolinaWestern IllinoisWestern KentuckyWestern MichiganWilliam & MaryWisconsinWoffordWyomingYaleYoungstown StateLocation: Athens, Ga. | Founded: 1785 | Enrollment: 33,660 | Colors: Red and Black | Stadium: Sanford | Capacity: 92,746
Record: (10-2, 6-2 SEC) Team Page Team Report Schedule Stats Roster Bulldogs Tickets Alumni Tracker Official Site

Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 1 Oklahoma St. Won 35-14
Sep 8 South Carolina Lost 12-16
Sep 15 Western Carolina Won 45-16
Sep 22 @Alabama Won 26-23
Sep 29 Mississippi Won 45-17
Oct 6 @Tennessee Lost 14-35
Oct 13 @Vanderbilt Won 20-17
Oct 27 Florida Won 42-30
Nov 3 Troy Won 44-34
Nov 10 Auburn Won 45-20
Nov 17 Kentucky Won 24-13
Nov 24 @Georgia Tech Won 31-17
Jan 1 @Hawaii \

Check the games in bold, those made your schedule weak. Hence why ya'll arent in the ship.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
LSU Schedule:

2007 Schedule
Aug 30 @Mississippi St. Won 45-0
Sep 8 Virginia Tech Won 48-7
Sep 15 M. Tenn. St. Won 44-0
Sep 22 South Carolina Won 28-16
Sep 29 @Tulane Won 34-9
Oct 6 Florida Won 28-24
Oct 13 @Kentucky Lost 37-43 30T
Oct 20 Auburn Won 30-24
Nov 3 @Alabama Won 41-34
Nov 10 Louisiana Tech Won 58-10
Nov 17 @Mississippi Won 41-24
Nov 23 Arkansas Lost 48-50 3OT
Dec 1 Tennessee Won 21-14
Jan 7 @Ohio St.

This is why we got in.

idriveasloweclipse
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
M. tenn state, Tulane, Louisiana Tech should all be highlighted in Lsu's schedule if that is the case. The schedules are basically even. No games against other SEC teams should be counted for as easy games. LSU is in it b/c they won the SEC, not b/c their schedule was more difficult.

EM1toEVO
12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Btw, Troy was a great team. I was at that game and I was very impressed.

On_Her_Face
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
UGA and Oklahoma. OSU didn't play anyone worth a ****, and I don't care if they won the SEC conference or not. UGA had a higher ranking. They should've dropped the number 3 and 4 teams. But I'm biased as hell so there really isn't any convincing me otherwise lol

well that ends this thread

Deke
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm about to choke a Georgia fan :)

There is no valid argument that UGA should have gotten in over LSU, I'm sorry. LSU and UGA are in the same conference. They boast the same regular season record. The difference is that LSU won the conference. UGA did not.

If you want to say UGA got shafted, argue how overrated Ohio State is. Because in no way, shape, or form should UGA have gone over LSU.

Yes it sucks for UGA. But they lost to Tennessee and the chips fell how they did after that. They're a young team, they'll have a couple more shots.

PS, I'm thinking that Oklahoma vs. WVU is going to be the best BCS game. But also, I wouldn't be so sure about a blow out over Hawaii. Granted I think UGA will win, but Colt Brennan is a really good QB, regardless of what division he is in.

nreggie454
12-03-2007, 08:10 PM
This guy makes a lot of good points:
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/12/02/bcs_a_sham_that.html (http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1043535316)

HyPer50
12-03-2007, 08:40 PM
My main argument isn't against LSU being there. I just dont think Ohio State should be. It's not right that UGA gets knocked off, and Ohio State moves up. So what if they've only lost one game... Hawaii hasn't lost any but you don't see anyone going crazy about them not being in it. I know Big Ten is a stronger conference, but the same argument could be made by the other 10-2 SEC teams. Oklahoma or UGA or hell even VT deserve to be there more than OSU... but like I said earlier, when UGA gets knocked out of it, I will always go for the SEC team. The bucks are gonna get embarassed 2 years in a row.

There is no valid argument that UGA should have gotten in over LSU, I'm sorry. LSU and UGA are in the same conference. They boast the same regular season record. The difference is that LSU won the conference. UGA did not.

If you want to say UGA got shafted, argue how overrated Ohio State is. Because in no way, shape, or form should UGA have gone over LSU.

Yes it sucks for UGA. But they lost to Tennessee and the chips fell how they did after that. They're a young team, they'll have a couple more shots.

PS, I'm thinking that Oklahoma vs. WVU is going to be the best BCS game. But also, I wouldn't be so sure about a blow out over Hawaii. Granted I think UGA will win, but Colt Brennan is a really good QB, regardless of what division he is in.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 08:48 PM
M. tenn state, Tulane, Louisiana Tech should all be highlighted in Lsu's schedule if that is the case. The schedules are basically even. No games against other SEC teams should be counted for as easy games. LSU is in it b/c they won the SEC, not b/c their schedule was more difficult.
what are you talking about. You are one lost apple if you think, schedule didn't play a factor. You are speaking to a person who has played college football.
Schedule plays a major role for points. Secondly m Tenn state, is a decent team every year. Check their record over the last five years.

1000cckiller
12-03-2007, 08:56 PM
My main argument isn't against LSU being there. I just dont think Ohio State should be. It's not right that UGA gets knocked off, and Ohio State moves up. So what if they've only lost one game... Hawaii hasn't lost any but you don't see anyone going crazy about them not being in it. I know Big Ten is a stronger conference, but the same argument could be made by the other 10-2 SEC teams. Oklahoma or UGA or hell even VT deserve to be there more than OSU... but like I said earlier, when UGA gets knocked out of it, I will always go for the SEC team. The bucks are gonna get embarassed 2 years in a row.
big 10 is a stronger conference that who

{X}Echo419
12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
LSU Schedule:

2007 Schedule
Sep 29 @Tulane Won 34-9
Oct 6 Florida Won 28-24
Oct 20 Auburn Won 30-24
Nov 3 @Alabama Won 41-34
Jan 7 @Ohio St.

This is why we got in.
some real power houses there. not to mention McFadden...excuse me Arkansas beat you, unranked. I keep getting the enitre team confused with him.
and how many times has Troy won their Division Championship?

There is no valid argument that UGA should have gotten in over LSU, I'm sorry. LSU and UGA are in the same conference. They boast the same regular season record. The difference is that LSU won the conference. UGA did not....
so by default you would agree that since Missouri won their 1/2 of the division they should go to a bowl and not Kansas that lost to Miss.
btw: teams have gone to the NC w/o winning the division. twice. to be honest we're just jealous that we don't get to be the SEC team that throttles Ohio St.

HyPer50
12-04-2007, 06:32 AM
big 10 is a stronger conference that who

Sorry, meant to put that on there. I meant to say the Big 10 is stronger than the WAC, Hawaii's conference.

1000cckiller
12-04-2007, 08:03 AM
some real power houses there. not to mention McFadden...excuse me Arkansas beat you, unranked. I keep getting the enitre team confused with him.
and how many times has Troy won their Division Championship?

so by default you would agree that since Missouri won their 1/2 of the division they should go to a bowl and not Kansas that lost to Miss.
btw: teams have gone to the NC w/o winning the division. twice. to be honest we're just jealous that we don't get to be the SEC team that throttles Ohio St.yo jackass we didnt paly Troy, UGA did. Do be a hater because ya'll never play when it counts. UGA does the same bull**** every year and gets left out of the title game. So bulldog pleas fall on a cold shoulder.

BB6dohcvtec
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
wow are ya'll still talking about why georgia didn't get in. I told ya'll last week that lsu if the worked out like it did would jump up to number 2, and ya'll were saying the were too far down for that to happen :lmfao:. georgia just need to stop crying for ream, because nobody cares. I would understand and feel ya'lls pain if you won the division not even the conference, just the division, but ya'll didn't even do that.

Sport1.3
12-04-2007, 03:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Schedule
Sep 1 Oklahoma St. Won 35-14
Sep 8 South Carolina Lost 12-16
Sep 15 Western Carolina Won 45-16
Sep 22 @Alabama Won 26-23
Sep 29 Mississippi Won 45-17
Oct 6 @Tennessee Lost 14-35
Oct 13 @Vanderbilt Won 20-17
Oct 27 Florida Won 42-30
Nov 3 Troy Won 44-34
Nov 10 Auburn Won 45-20
Nov 17 Kentucky Won 24-13
Nov 24 @Georgia Tech Won 31-17
Jan 1 @Hawaii \

Check the games in bold, those made your schedule weak. Hence why ya'll arent in the ship.

Just so you know, Troy Leads their Conference and i believe finished with a 8-4 record. They are the Sunbelt Conference Champions ;)

LSU Schedule:

2007 Schedule
Sep 29 @Tulane Won 34-9
Oct 6 Florida Won 28-24
Oct 20 Auburn Won 30-24
Nov 3 @Alabama Won 41-34
Jan 7 @Ohio St.

And these bold Teams arent Weak? :lmfao:

Its all politics.

{X}Echo419
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
yo jackass we didnt paly Troy, UGA did. Do be a hater because ya'll never play when it counts. UGA does the same bull**** every year and gets left out of the title game. So bulldog pleas fall on a cold shoulder.
maybe I should have seperated it for you. I wasn't saying LSU played Troy. I meant UGA did. the point was Troy is no pushover.
I'm gonna guess you meant don't be a hater. Play when it counts? Beat, UF, Auburn, ALA, Kentucky(didn't they beat LSU?), and GT...well GT's kinda of our ***** now a days.

another point so on one gets confused:

apparently strength dosen't matter for ****. ex: Kansas gets a BCS over Mizz. why? 1 loss compared to 2. that's all the BCS is, who lost the least. then, if it's more than a 2 teams with the same record it becomes a dog show.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Just so you know, Troy Leads their Conference and i believe finished with a 8-4 record. They are the Sunbelt Conference Champions ;)

LSU Schedule:

2007 Schedule
Sep 29 @Tulane Won 34-9
Oct 6 Florida Won 28-24
Oct 20 Auburn Won 30-24
Nov 3 @Alabama Won 41-34
Jan 7 @Ohio St.

And these bold Teams arent Weak? :lmfao:

Its all politics.what are you talkin about, half of you people know nothing about sports. One I am a die hard LSU fan. I know the weak parts of our schedule and those are it.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 07:30 AM
maybe I should have seperated it for you. I wasn't saying LSU played Troy. I meant UGA did. the point was Troy is no pushover.
I'm gonna guess you meant don't be a hater. Play when it counts? Beat, UF, Auburn, ALA, Kentucky(didn't they beat LSU?), and GT...well GT's kinda of our ***** now a days.

another point so on one gets confused:

apparently strength dosen't matter for ****. ex: Kansas gets a BCS over Mizz. why? 1 loss compared to 2. that's all the BCS is, who lost the least. then, if it's more than a 2 teams with the same record it becomes a dog show. Let me set you straight now.

1. The only teams that beat us was Kentucky and Arkansas, um and both are SEC teams which is the best conference in college football. UGA also lost to two SEC teams, but we palyed in the championship game and we won our divison. UGA won niether of the two.

2. Also in the BCS the beginning of the season counts just as much as the end.

3. The stronger your schedule, and ther more you put a beating on other teams counts when the computer adds up.

4. it clearly states in the rules, that three teams from one conference cant all be in the BCS. Also if Mizu would have not gotten beat two times by the same team, they would be in. Mizu has a stronger schedule than Kansas but , Oklahoma beat them twice.

5. Some of you f u c k e r s only watch college football to watch it. I am a complete fan of football, read up on the game and you will know a lot more. The old system was better to me, back when Alabama, Nebraska, Flordia and Flordia State were the best. Because all you had to do is play good defense and run up the score. Scoring more points meant better results in the end.

6. If there was a play-off in college football, you would be crying even more than now, because there would be no good play-off system.

nreggie454
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
UGA tied for SEC East Champions, so we did win our division. UT went to the SEC championship because they beat us.

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
UGA tied for SEC East Champions, so we did win our division. UT went to the SEC championship because they beat us.

That means y'all lost the tiebreaker resulting in not winning your division. so you DIDN'T win the division. don't be that typical georgia fan, trying to find any excuse to justify their argument.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 10:33 AM
what are you talkin about, half of you people know nothing about sports. One I am a die hard LSU fan. I know the weak parts of our schedule and those are it.

:lmfao: I know plenty PAL, enough to say LSU plays some of the same cupcake type teams every year that you consider weak in the UGA schedule, we have just as hard a schedule as you do...minus maybe VT.
You have a schedule with 4 weak teams and so do we :dunno: i dont see your arguement.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
:lmfao: I know plenty PAL, enough to say LSU plays some of the same cupcake type teams every year that you consider weak in the UGA schedule, we have just as hard a schedule as you do...minus maybe VT.
You have a schedule with 4 weak teams and so do we :dunno: i dont see your arguement.we have three weak teams as I highlighted. Also UGA plays western carolina thats a D 1-AA school.

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 11:16 AM
You have a schedule with 4 weak teams and so do we :dunno: i dont see your arguement.

there is no argument....y'all play the same schedule strength. it just happens that when UGA lost they lost pretty big esp. to UT who had a 28-0 lead at the half of that game. now when LSU lost they lost in fashion, putting up a fight til the end, both games going to triple OT. now theres the argument do what you want with it.

Back to what_lag the lsu fan. y'all better not let that weakass ohio st. team beat y'all because one it will prove alot of arguments that uga fans have been TRYING to make and two y'all will become the epic lawls of the sec for losing to that bush league team of ohio st.

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
oh yea if ya'll don't win against ohio st. it will be the last time y'all even come close to going back to the bcs championship game because ryan perilloux cannot get the job done as a full time starter you saw that in the UT game, when he scrambles out of the pockets ands takes off to run he will get hit hard, and his body cannot take those shots, everytime he was hit in the UT game he started limping or grimacing noticeably.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:24 AM
there is no argument....y'all play the same schedule strength. it just happens that when UGA lost they lost pretty big esp. to UT who had a 28-0 lead at the half of that game. now when LSU lost they lost in fashion, putting up a fight til the end, both games going to triple OT. now theres the argument do what you want with it.

Back to what_lag the lsu fan. y'all better not let that weakass ohio st. team beat y'all because one it will prove alot of arguments that uga fans have been TRYING to make and two y'all will become the epic lawls of the sec for losing to that bush league team of ohio st.one f ohio st. we will whip their ass. Second UGA has a shot at the title every year and screws it up. We are bigger, faster and stronger, than ohio st. I expect Tressel to do a few trick plays.

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
one f ohio st. we will whip their ass. Second UGA has a shot at the title every year and screws it up. We are bigger, faster and stronger, than ohio st. I expect Tressel to do a few trick plays.

oh you know he will. he saw how much better the sec is first hand last year when we blew them out last year in the title game. I'm a florida fan but i will be rooting for lsu just so they can bring the title back to the sec two years in a row.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
we have three weak teams as I highlighted. Also UGA plays western carolina thats a D 1-AA school.

Like Middle TN is much better lol. Not being a D 1-A Teams means nothing now. Look at App State/Michigan.

You have 4 Weak Teams if you consider Troy "weak"....hell Troy is 8-4 Led their Conference and Scored more Points on Middle TN then you guys even did and still isnt considered "good" by anyone. I would consider Troy better then Miss State :dunno:

Why all the UGA hate??

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
oh you know he will. he saw how much better the sec is first hand last year when we blew them out last year in the title game. I'm a florida fan but i will be rooting for lsu just so they can bring the title back to the sec two years in a row.neat record OSU is 0-6 vs SEC. I see a 0-7 in the future. My brothers team is OSU, so he is coming to my house to watch the game on 1080p 60" TV and to lose $100.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Like Middle TN is much better lol. Not being a D 1-A Teams means nothing now. Look at App State/Michigan.

You have 4 Weak Teams if you consider Troy "weak"....hell Troy is 8-4 Led their Conference and Scored more Points on Middle TN then you guys even did and still isnt considered "good" by anyone. I would consider Troy better then Miss State :dunno:

Why all the UGA hate??Dude UGA has no hope. Ya'll have good players every year, and still dont make it to the title game. When was the last time ya'll were in the SEC championship game.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Back to what_lag the lsu fan. y'all better not let that weakass ohio st. team beat y'all because one it will prove alot of arguments that uga fans have been TRYING to make and two y'all will become the epic lawls of the sec for losing to that bush league team of ohio st.

First of all the only game we lost HUGE was TN. The USC game was a 4 point game ;)

next, You can say the same though for the Teams you struggled against that we beat without much of an issue. Florida and Auburn were close games for LSU yet we breezed through them, even beating Kentucky. We beat Auburn By 25!!! Thats SEC, anyone can beat anyone on any given day

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Dude UGA has no hope. Ya'll have good players every year, and still dont make it to the title game. When was the last time ya'll were in the SEC championship game.anwser this guy sport

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Dude UGA has no hope. Ya'll have good players every year, and still dont make it to the title game. When was the last time ya'll were in the SEC championship game.

Wait till this next year ;) we have some 27 redshirted players richt wouldnt let outta the bag this season that could have made a difference. We will Dominate the run game next year

we have made a bowl game every year almost for 20 yrs. :dunno: not like LSU makes it to the National Title game every year either :D

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
But we recently won a National Title and we are going for another.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
But we recently won a National Title and we are going for another.

Ok and where were you in the late 80's when we owned the SEC? same arguement, times have changed. Im not saying LSU isnt a great team bro, i'm just saying we deserved the title shot just as much as you guys. This would have all been settled though if we would have been given a shot at the SEC title. I believe win or lose we would have given you guys a much better game

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Ok and where were you in the late 80's when we owned the SEC? same arguement, times have changed. Im not saying LSU isnt a great team bro, i'm just saying we deserved the title shot just as much as you guys. This would have all been settled though if we would have been given a shot at the SEC title. I believe win or lose we would have given you guys a much better gameThat means ya'll should have beat Tenn.

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok and where were you in the late 80's when we owned the SEC? same arguement, times have changed. Im not saying LSU isnt a great team bro, i'm just saying we deserved the title shot just as much as you guys. This would have all been settled though if we would have been given a shot at the SEC title. I believe win or lose we would have given you guys a much better gameYa'll better that Hercel Walker for those seasons.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 12:02 PM
That means ya'll should have beat Tenn.

Damn right thats what it means, but unfortunately we didnt, hell you guys should have beat Arkansas :D . Thats why the SEC is such a great conference, There is no telling who could come out the victor. We did play a ****ty game that for sure, but given the fact we have a largely Freshman offensive/Defensive line, running back and still maturing QB it was obvious we still hadnt found an offense in the beginning half of the season. Give it up to TN for using that to their advantage. You have to admit we had a noticable increase in our game performance after that game. then going on to win 6 straight in the hardest part of our entire season.

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Ya'll better that Hercel Walker for those seasons.

Only 81 and 82.....the 80's and early 90's were all UGA/Auburn/TN

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Damn right thats what it means, but unfortunately we didnt, hell you guys should have beat Arkansas :D . Thats why the SEC is such a great conference, There is no telling who could come out the victor. We did play a ****ty game that for sure, but given the fact we have a largely Freshman offensive/Defensive line, running back and still maturing QB it was obvious we still hadnt found an offense in the beginning half of the season. Give it up to TN for using that to their advantage. You have to admit we had a noticable increase in our game performance after that game. then going on to win 6 straight in the hardest part of our entire season.troof

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Wait till next year when AJ Green And Caleb King are in the Mix. King was the #1 running back recruit in the nation (until he was injured his senior yr) and was still top 10 even then as well as Green being the Higest rated WR in the nation. both were redshirted. Richt has been hording players for this coming season. Its pissed alot of ppl off, but we will be a force for sure next season

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=39796

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40547&Sport=1

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Wait till next year when AJ Green And Caleb King are in the Mix. King was the #1 running back recruit in the nation (until he was injured his senior yr) and was still top 10 even then as well as Green being the Higest rated WR in the nation. both were redshirted. Richt has been hording players for this coming season. Its pissed alot of ppl off, but we will be a force for sure next season

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40547&Sport=1

I am pretty sure y'all say that every year wait til next year. ok if you want to talk about recruits we have the #1 recruiting class in the nation(florida).

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 12:33 PM

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40547&Sport=1with the injury king had, most never come back 100%

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 12:41 PM
with the injury king had, most never come back 100%

he was 100% according to Richt this season, yet still redshirted :dunno:....you're right though, they usually come back Less daring and more conserved. We'll have to wait and see. My bet is that he comes back with something to prove, as Moreno Is only getting better. With him healthy and back in the game we will have a scary run game, that and Green and Massaquoi playing wideout we'll catch a few ppl off guard for some big plays

Sport1.3
12-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I am pretty sure y'all say that every year wait til next year. ok if you want to talk about recruits we have the #1 recruiting class in the nation(florida).

We usually dont :dunno: its also not just this season or even last season. We have 27+ redshirted players he has been stock guarding for a certian time. Alot of ppl didnt like that he has held some so long, being that it might have helped out offense this year

{X}Echo419
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Dude UGA has no hope. Ya'll have good players every year, and still dont make it to the title game. When was the last time ya'll were in the SEC championship game.
2yrs ago when we beat LSU for it. :goodjob:

WHAT_LAG--But we recently won a National Title and we are going for another.with the BCS you won the popularity contest to play somebody for it.

BB6dohcvtec
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
i guess georgia is not that popular then are they?

1000cckiller
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
2yrs ago when we beat LSU for it. :goodjob:

with the BCS you won the popularity contest to play somebody for it.quit ya crying, and go buy a surf board before Hawaii gets here.

{X}Echo419
12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
quit ya crying, and go buy a surf board before Hawaii gets here.
nothing to "cry" about. just stating facts.

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 01:27 AM
nothing to "cry" about. just stating facts.

naw your crying. its ok theres always next year junior

dartingd
12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
naw your crying. its ok theres always next year junior

man that's a lot of talk considering we beat you guys this year.

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 10:44 AM
man that's a lot of talk considering we beat you guys this year.

unlike y'all i don't let one loss affect me. In MY lifetime so far we own y'all. you might have the overall lead but i'm not old enough or was even thought about when ya'll were kicking ass and taking names. But what i do know is it was only the third time in the last seventeen years y'all have won. "Every Dawg has its day" as the old saying goes. but y'all still need to stop crying about not getting a better bowl game. you couldn't even win the sec east, now if y'all lose to hawaii (i really hope y'all don't because then we might have to denounce you from the sec) you will proves the BCS nuts right once again.

dartingd
12-07-2007, 11:58 AM
LOL. You throw the word "ya'll" around like you think we all feel that way. I feel that Georgia and Missouri both were victims to the system, but who hasn't been? I don't get upset over us losing to anyone. I'm a diehard fan, but I don't play for UGA, didn't go to UGA, and won't have my life affected by whether or not UGA wins or loses. Hawaii has lost one game in two seasons. True, their schedule strength isn't there, but they are a good team. People use the Washington game to say how bad Hawaii is. We were destroyed by Tennessee! I know they aren't a bad team, but everyone knows that game was a huge upset in that we lost as bad as we did.

BB6dohcvtec
12-07-2007, 12:37 PM
LOL. You throw the word "ya'll" around like you think we all feel that way. I feel that Georgia and Missouri both were victims to the system, but who hasn't been? I don't get upset over us losing to anyone. I'm a diehard fan, but I don't play for UGA, didn't go to UGA, and won't have my life affected by whether or not UGA wins or loses. Hawaii has lost one game in two seasons. True, their schedule strength isn't there, but they are a good team. People use the Washington game to say how bad Hawaii is. We were destroyed by Tennessee! I know they aren't a bad team, but everyone knows that game was a huge upset in that we lost as bad as we did.

mm not really actually alot people predicted that lost, the lost that was a huge upset was south carolina. and i use the word y'all because as a fan base you are one of them, so the general conception of a school's fan base includes you.

dartingd
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Very correct on that. The general consensus is that UGA fans are stupid rednecks, and I'm aware of that. When it all comes down to it man, at least an SEC team is in the title game. Heck, I pulled for Florida, (mind you i puked in my mouth a little during taking part in such blasphemy), to win as an SEC team to show how strong our conference is. That's why Hawaii went undefeated. The SEC finished with what, three teams in the the top ten (I may be wrong)? That's a pretty substantial feat for a conference, especially considering that two of the three were in the top five!