PDA

View Full Version : Looking for part time job in bar/restaurant

KPowerEP3
12-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Either as a waiter or preferably a bar back. I don't have any experience, though, and would prefer something on the southside or east side of town

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
You saying you have never worked restaurant doesn't really do good since your trying to start during the winter rush. However most restaurants do not advertise for work. You gotta go in there and ask the manager if they need help for the winter rush or help at all. Even if its just for a month, take it. You get experience at one place you'll move to a better place and can ask for money at the start.

jaystar
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
^ So tru, but how old are u ???

Blitanicle99
12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Me, I'm 19. However I used to expo for a nice restaurant and had manager responsibilities because our manager got fired. I did the work of the manager, which was basically over seeing how people were doing, get the bussers to stay on track, yell at who needed to be yelled at and do my job which was expo. I was responsible for everything coming in and out of the kitchen. I sat 100 top tables without a single flaw. I was damn good at my job. I actually work at the same restaurant again for the winter break days since I am out of class for a month, and am back at my old job. Every day, no days off, 4-12. At least its good money.

KPowerEP3
12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
^ So tru, but how old are u ???

I turn 21 in a couple weeks. I've got a half-ass "full time" job, but I only ever end up working 25-30 hours, so I'm looking for something at night to help offset that.

osiriskidd
12-04-2007, 07:14 AM
I turn 21 in a couple weeks. I've got a half-ass "full time" job, but I only ever end up working 25-30 hours, so I'm looking for something at night to help offset that.

get your alcohol serving license and be a bartender if you wanna work the graveyard

KPowerEP3
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
get your alcohol serving license and be a bartender if you wanna work the graveyard

problem is finding a job with no experience, that's actually the reason I wanted to start as a barback or something.

Blitanicle99
12-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Its hard to start as a bartender or straight up waiter. Especially in the winter rush season. Some bar schools will hook up you with a job once you get your license. Its worth checking out and its really not that expensive.

xXnimbusXx
12-04-2007, 08:23 PM
In atlanta you don't really need a bartending license. And even IF you went to school. EXPERIENCE is VERY important. It don't really matter if you have a license or not. What the school offer is the knowledge. They don't hook you up with a job. They give you leads and its up to you whether you can get it or not. I for one went to bartending school.

JessAlba452
12-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I know there was a place up in Norcross hiring barbacks, but I'm not sure if that's too far for you.

Not having experience is pretty tough for finding a job. I know!

Right now I'm doing the bartending thing it's a fun job, but I don't think school will help you out too much. Sure you'll get the feel and some experience, but like he said they can only help you so much.

Oh and don't forget to get your alcohol serving license. I read that they were busting businesses without them and people in dekalb.

It's sometimes about who you know. :D