PDA

View Full Version : What college I should go to?

MistaCee
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok I have a question to ask you guys. I started high school and kind of didnt care in my early years so my gpa isnt good enough to go to the college I want to straight out of high school(GSU). I am wondering what is a good college to go to that can build up my gpa so that I can transfer to GSU.

Scotsman
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
UGMOTHERF'NA

NewGen33
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
OU because there defense is whooping that ass right now. :yes:

NewGen33
12-01-2007, 08:47 PM
After I finished reading what you typed I guess it depends on your GPA, diploma, ACT, or SAT.

Grimm Reeper
12-01-2007, 08:50 PM
SAU, located right next to Atlanta Metropolitan. Here's a link with their number http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=13713578 :goodjob: You can do it!!!!

MistaCee
12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
SAU, located right next to Atlanta Metropolitan. Here's a link with their number http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=13713578 :goodjob: You can do it!!!!

dats messed up

Whiteboy™
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I was going to attend Flagler College in St. Augustine, FL.
But joined the world's greatest navy instead. :goodjob:

MistaCee
12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I was thinking bout the navy but id kill myself if I had to stay on a boat with a whole bunch of dudes. Plus id rather not do any military stuff

Grimm Reeper
12-01-2007, 08:56 PM
dats messed up

:lmfao: LIRL man....woooooo wow

I can't stop laughing, but *with a serious face* Do some research and find out what's good with you and not others.:goodjob: :lmfao:

Grimm Reeper
12-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Atlanta Metro should be pretty easy to get into and get your gpa up and get some credits so that you may be able to transfer.

Whiteboy™
I was thinking bout the navy but id kill myself if I had to stay on a boat with a whole bunch of dudes. Plus id rather not do any military stuff

misconseption, i will most likely NOT be on a ship at all. I will probably be at one of the following:

United States, Hawaii, Japan, Spain, Great Britain and various remote sites throughout the world

MistaCee
Sounds kewl reps

Alan®
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
where do you stay at. you can always go to a small local college. I was kinda in the same cituation as you graduated from high school with a 2.2 i was 10 from the bottom of my class. luckily though i got a 28 on my ACT's and applied for Gordon College. It's in the middle of no where yes but it's not as bad as a lot people make it out to be. I'm doing a year here and going to transfer to Georgia Tech. I have a meeting lined up with the dean of the Business School(helps when your dad went there as a graduate student) so hopefully all will go well. good luck in whatever you decide to do.

MistaCee
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I stay in Conyers, GA

Reaper
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Gordon College, Clayton State, AIU, GPC..

are you talking about state or southern? there is East Georgia Community College on the same campus as Ga. Southern, easy to transfer in...

Alan®
12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
yea Gordon is way down on the southside. by the time you get here your only like 15 minutes from macon

Reaper
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
where do you stay at. you can always go to a small local college. I was kinda in the same cituation as you graduated from high school with a 2.2 i was 10 from the bottom of my class. luckily though i got a 28 on my ACT's and applied for Gordon College. It's in the middle of no where yes but it's not as bad as a lot people make it out to be. I'm doing a year here and going to transfer to Georgia Tech. I have a meeting lined up with the dean of the Business School(helps when your dad went there as a graduate student) so hopefully all will go well. good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I also attend Gordon College, personally I cannot stand it due to the drive for me. I travel 300miles to and from school weekly...not including work and what not. It's a VERY easy school and easy to transfer credits. This is my last semester there cuz I personally cannot stand being in bumble****

Reaper
12-01-2007, 09:13 PM
yea Gordon is way down on the southside. by the time you get here your only like 15 minutes from macon

thats an exaggeration, its more like 35-40 minutes...I made the drive from home to valdosta way too many times, trust me I know..lol:goodjob:

Frög
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
wont get into UGA without a 3.5+ gpa.. my friend had a 3.4 gpa with 1370 SAT (old score) and didn't get in.. they look more at your GPA than SAT scores.. anyway, don't go to GA southern.. i have not talked to one person that likes it there.. except my ex, who is probably soon going to have to drop out, just like her friends.. i've been to southern, it sucks.. and the town is so sh!tty..

Frög
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
if your grades are bad, go to southern, and then transfer to a better college.. i know ppl at uga that did that, and they are better off than me b/c their GPA is higher..

Alan®
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
thats an exaggeration, its more like 35-40 minutes...I made the drive from home to valdosta way too many times, trust me I know..lol:goodjob:
your right i was thinking forsyth when i said that but i got confused lol congrats on sellin the is what did you get to replace it?

icant believe you drive that much every week man im glad i stay on campus **** you live in PTC and I'm in tyrone now and I hate just the drive out there every monday and i'm not looking forward to driving back thursday night. exam gets out at 10:15 :no: . Have you ever taken Dr. Timberlake's business class? if so don't you should see what he handed me back on my extra credit **** and the study guide for his exam. it's literally the table of contents for the ****ing book. the guy talks like ben stien with a speech impediment and half the **** he talks about is wrong and not relevant to the tests and what really sucks is that his class is 2 hours and 45 minutes long :no: :cry: . Oh well i'm gonna try and transfer to tech this summer though so hopefully no more kindergordon after this year for me

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Down here at GA Southern and lovin it.

ryanh300
12-02-2007, 05:39 AM
UWG is pretty easy to get into. I go here and I like it most of the time and it's pretty damn easy to get into and at a very decent price and the education is good!

umairejaz
12-02-2007, 06:09 AM
UWG is pretty easy to get into. I go here and I like it most of the time and it's pretty damn easy to get into and at a very decent price and the education is good!

True, I'm repping UWG as well. There's a lot of good people here. If you don't get accepted here then they have a Highland program where all classes are on campus. After your first year your then admited into UWG with all credits attached. Its an hour west of Atlanta.

KPowerEP3
12-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Georgia Perimeter...Dekalb Tech...

soul
12-02-2007, 08:46 AM
GMC as a commuter, right next door to GCSU

The Ninja
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Have you applied? It sorta irks me when people say "my gpa isn't good enough" especially without applying and getting your application back with the red words "YOU WERE DENIED BECAUSE YOUR GPA ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH"

EDIT** GSU FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING WIN!

MistaCee
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Yea I rather just go to a smaller college first and then transfer I've heard from diffrent people that it works out better if your GPA isnt all that great

The Ninja
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
$$$$$

At least apply to GA State man.

BuBBa DRiFT
12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
your best bet is to go to a smaller college like gordon, or a simple tech school, and then transfer over, hell, you might even finish your core credits and go right into your major at the good school! Remember its not the schools you went to, its the school you graduated from thats on that diploma :goodjob:

i go to griffin tech for business associates, because mercer has a direct transfer, and they take all my credits, so in a little over 3 years i will have a bachelors in business from mercer university, and with griffin, i save gas and a **** load of money! its easy as hell too. I have a 3.8 right now, and honestly, i dont remember the last time i was challenged. College Algebra was a little testy, but thats cause I was always on here during class rather than listening to her review lol.

and southern is THE biggest party school. Its like a virus, there is nothing to do in that town but party, if you are focused on school, southern is not the place to go. GCSU seems to be all right, PLENTY of women :goodjob:

Sledlude
12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
If you are tryin to get into GSU, DEFINATELY go to GPC. They have just started a new program where, after you finish your associates at GPC (2 years), provided you have a decent GPA (shouldnt be hard at gpc), you are guaranteed a transfer into Georgia State. I will PM you the info. and props for taking the initiative.

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Dont be hating on southern. Yes there is alot of partying here. And yes it is easy to loose yourself up in the parties and not do anything but drink and waste time. However its all self control. I love it down here, however I really dont drink that much when I could drink (I am medically not allowed to right now) and I may go out to a party but I am not out there to get wild.
Southern is a smaller school, lots of fun stuff to do if you want to go out. However, I do spend a good amount of time studying because I do have quite a bit of alloted time. Its all self control.
I got in with like a 1.8. I screwed up in high school, not going to lie. You can get in here.

MistaCee
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Dont be hating on southern. Yes there is alot of partying here. And yes it is easy to loose yourself up in the parties and not do anything but drink and waste time. However its all self control. I love it down here, however I really dont drink that much when I could drink (I am medically not allowed to right now) and I may go out to a party but I am not out there to get wild.
Southern is a smaller school, lots of fun stuff to do if you want to go out. However, I do spend a good amount of time studying because I do have quite a bit of alloted time. Its all self control.
I got in with like a 1.8. I screwed up in high school, not going to lie. You can get in here.

Yea I have self control so ill be good

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, thats all you gotta get done. Be responsible and you can make it. If you go out every night, your grades are going to drop, your not gonna make it to class and you will fail. End of story.
Do what you have to do, study, tell people you cant go out every night or hang out till you finish your studying or homework or whatever. Thats all there is to it. Work hard, play hard.
Yes Southern is a big party school. Keggers every night, lots of fun but thats not all there is to do. And everyone says GA Southern is STD central. They are rumors. Ask people who go here. Yes there are alot of whores and they are really easy to get with. However theres alot of hot ass girls too that are not whores.

If you have any specific questions, PM me Id be glad to help.

MistaCee
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Yea id go there but it like 200 miles from where I live im still lookin into it though

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
220 Miles from Marietta. Little over 3 hours. However Savannah is like 45 min away, the beach under an hour. Its nice to get away from Atlanta traffic too.

Sledlude
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
i was looking at what I sent you, and you can even transfer into Tech from GPC. your GPA has to be a little less than it would if you were transferring into State, wierdly enough. I would definately suggest doing this- where you graduate from says a lot.

man
12-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I've done Southern and GT, thinking of UGA next, maybe lol

Blitanicle99
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Ha, I might be transferring to Kennesaw, I have a opportunity to make a lot of money and get good experience in sales working with my dads friend.