PDA

View Full Version : help on ambering corners

xlilvi3tx
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
wussup ia? does anyone have any idea how to amber out corners? i would have gone ahead and bought them but they don't offer it for s14 zenkis.
i have seen it been done and also i have heard rumors but i havent been able to find any of the materials i need to do it. ANY help would be appreciated. just lmk thx alot people

KPowerEP3
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Here's what I did for my DIY JDM Amber side markers on my EP...should work the same...

Go buy some RIT sunshine orange dye and mix it up really concentrated...I used like 1/3-1/4 of the amount of water they recommended for use on plastic. I put my ingredients into a small Pyrex bowl and put it on the stove over very low heat. I had just enough heat to see the mixture slowly churning. There was no bubbling or boiling at all. Make sure you use a vessel that will allow you to submerge them completely in the mix. I mixed them around with the chop sticks every 5-10 minutes for about 45 minutes. [Wash your hands after every mixing. This stuff will stain your skin.] I took them out of the bath and put them into a bowl of clean cold water. I let the water run over them until it ran clear. Let them dry before you install the bulbs and reinstall them on your car.

http://mattmanderachi.com/side_markers/side_markers_2.jpg
Left is a real JDM factory amber, right is DIY.

xlilvi3tx
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KPowerEP3 again.

wow, sounds so complicated but looks fu*king amazing. think u can break it down a little bit more? and i will rep u whenever i can. thanks ALOT though....

lilmanx01
12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
wow.. i like. i think ill rep you even though i dont need to do this hehe

khaxnguyen
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
ahaha i know someone who made jdm integra tails. well he didnt make it.. HE SPRAYED PAINTED RED> lol i think it was some stain glass paint.. haha....

xlilvi3tx
12-04-2007, 07:43 PM
ahaha i know someone who made jdm integra tails. well he didnt make it.. HE SPRAYED PAINTED RED> lol i think it was some stain glass paint.. haha....

yeh i know what u are talking about. lol but i found out how to do it

lilmanx01
12-04-2007, 11:13 PM
can this be done to fog lights? not ambering... but like jdming? lol. coating them yellow?

xlilvi3tx
12-05-2007, 08:20 PM
well im doin them right now. ill post up pics if it turns out good.

lilmanx01
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
mkay