PDA

View Full Version : cel on 07 civic si need help

07civicsi4dr
12-01-2007, 12:40 PM
well i installed my short ram intake today and now my cel came on any ideas of why?:thinking:

Init2winit
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
well i installed my short ram intake today and now my cel came on any ideas of why?:thinking:Does it have mass air? If so, it could be pulling too much air through it.

07civicsi4dr
12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
yes it has a mass air sensor on it i havent drove it since we installed it just turned it on and let it run for a minute

B_Hoov
12-01-2007, 01:04 PM
it's really weird, the car itself its controlled electronically so much to the point that just putting an intake on it will make it throw a code ,do you have a code reader? if not try taking it to advance and getting them to clear it, it should only stay on for 500miles. even if you put the factory one back on and took the short ram off it would STILL be on for 500 miles, unless it has another system on it which doesn't go by mileage but by trips, try going somewhere, turning the car off, let it set, go back, etc...and after either 3 or 5 trips one way it should clear itself, if it does not then it's set to mileage, let me know if you need a hand with anything. hope this helps.

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Go to Autozone and get them to do a CEL check.

You'll find out why it's on.

Z0_o6
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
did you plug the IAT sensor in?

JITB
12-02-2007, 02:17 PM
did u reset ur ecu? (pull the battery during instalation) some cars dont need it to be done, but most newer cars do. so the ecu can reset the air settings

EmminoDaGreat
12-02-2007, 02:26 PM
i would bet you didnt plug the iat in.

JITB
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
i would bet you didnt plug the iat in.

new part excitement will do that too u! :goodjob:

07civicsi4dr
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
what is the iat? my cousin did the install for me and everything that was unplugged was replugged and installed correctly the mass air sensor and the vaccum hose and all and the battery was removed for install and the battery tray
it was installed correctly im gonna go get the code read at one of the auto parts stores see what it is

Kevykev
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
At least you know the cause (intake).

Do the sensors have the same connections that can cause mis-match connection?
-

new part excitement will do that too u! :goodjob:

also known as NPE.

07civicsi4dr
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
At least you know the cause (intake).

Do the sensors have the same connections that can cause mis-match connection?
-

also known as NPE.

say what now about the sensors? im not a mechanic so i dont understand im stoopid

Whiteboy™
12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
lol, i told you to let me know, and i would help

Kevykev
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
say what now about the sensors? im not a mechanic so i dont understand im stoopid

example a 95 civic has 2 connectors on the throttle body these two connectors have the same male and female connectors - this can cause you to plug the wrong male connector into the wrong female connector (non-fail safe design).

I'm not familiar with the new civics so i can't confirm that, but just swap around the connectors (if possible).

If that fails - your MAF is just reading a higher than normal air ratio - cell will stay on.