PDA

View Full Version : My grandpa passed...

Revmaynard
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I just found out my grandpa passed away and my dad called me and the first thing he said was ''my dad is dead'', but the way he was crying and how it sounded is haunting me, like his pain makes it so much worse on top of the fact I'm sad about the initial loss.

After this I get to work and once they hear about the news they say I need to go and all this that I don't need to be at work. But now I'm off and have nothing I can do but think about my loss and not be at work while my girlfriend and room mate are at work until 10. I just feel like I should be do something differernt then sitting at home alone now on a Friday afternoon. :(

changaroo
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/ipt/grouphug.gif

Dracc
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
man i'm sorry to hear that man...

SE-Rious1
11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
sorry to hear go somewhere to take ya mind off ..go see some titties

Alan®
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
sorrry to hear it man where does your family live go be with them if thats possible

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I just found out my grandpa passed away and my dad called me and the first thing he said was ''my dad is dead'', but the way he was crying and how it sounded is haunting me, like his pain makes it so much worse on top of the fact I'm sad about the initial loss.

After this I get to work and once they hear about the news they say I need to go and all this that I don't need to be at work. But now I'm off and have nothing I can do but think about my loss and not be at work while my girlfriend and room mate are at work until 10. I just feel like I should be do something differernt then sitting at home alone now on a Friday afternoon. :(
get hammered its how humans deal with ****ed up **** so have at it. oh and sorry for your loss. :drink:

cactusEG
11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Damn man srry to hear about ur loss... Stay strong

§treet_§peed
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
sorry about you losing your grandpa man, cause i know when i loose mine one day im gonna go ****ing insane. but yeah man try to relax and take it easy. think of it this way if he was in any pain he isn't anymore.

MR2DR
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
sorry to hear that josh. my condolence

Init2winit
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Keep your mind as busy as possible. It'll help relieve some tension. My grandmother just passes a few months ago, very unexpectedly! She was like a second mother to me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I just try to stay busy, and around people. It helps sooth the mind. Hate to hear about your loss, and best wishes.

Eric

Revmaynard
11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I mainly burned a cd and drove around in my car. My family was at his house waiting on the coroner to show up so they didn't need me to come there. But thanks to everyone.

Revmaynard
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Oh yea, already got me a 12 pack of Red Stripe and I'm off work tomorrow. It's HAMMA TIME.http://images.art.com/images/-/MC-Hammer-Photograph-C10040195.jpeg

ahmonrah
11-30-2007, 08:20 PM
damn joe.......sorry to hear that. fah realz

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Sorry to hear that man, but death is a part of life. No one lives forever.

AlliRae
11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
sorry to hear that....

Whiteboy™
11-30-2007, 08:26 PM
i am sorry to hear it, but why do people post stuff like this on ia? reasoning? again sorry about your loss, i am not trying to be an *******, just wondering.

willum14pb
11-30-2007, 09:29 PM
He obviously needed someone/somewhere to vent to... why not let him? Didn't think there were rules against that

Echonova
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Keep your mind as busy as possible. It'll help relieve some tension. My grandmother just passes a few months ago, very unexpectedly! She was like a second mother to me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I just try to stay busy, and around people. It helps sooth the mind. Hate to hear about your loss, and best wishes.

EricQuoted for the truth. Drinking doesn't help Rev, just delays the pain. Trust me I did it for years, it doesn't solve anything.

KPowerEP3
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM

Eric

x3

That's what I did when my dad passed away earlier this year, I just stayed constantly busy and with friends as much as possible to help keep my mind off of it.

Revmaynard
12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I don't drink much because I'm not that old. But I wanted to post something up because my girlfriend was at work, my room mate was at work, my dad was dealing with the coroner and I just had to let someone know because it was bothering me. Really just had nothing to occupy my time. So, I guess that's a decent enough reason.

HyPer50
12-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Very sorry to hear about your grandpa man.