PDA

View Full Version : My Bike Got Impounded

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I cannot even express in words, how angry I am. This system ****ing sucks.

So yea, apparently they can do that. This is not a motorcycle. This is a mountain bike, as in a bicycle...you know, the kind with pedals? According to the impound slip, it has a VIN too. Wow...learn something new every day.

Needless to say, this is ****ing ridiculous. The one day that I put it in a different spot, something bad happens. I don't even know why it had to. Normally, I chain it up next to my parking space, but that's quite a long walk, so yesterday, I chained it up to a Handicapped Parking sign. I made sure that it wasn't intruding on the parking space, and that it wasn't blocking the sign. Not that it could've...the sign is kinda tall.

It probably would've been fine too, but the arrogant prick that parks there was the one who actually called for them to "tow" my bike. He says it was intruding on his parking space, which is proper bull****.

http://pics.buddypic.com/files/l/52530.jpg

This is how I placed my bike. The black rectangle represents my bike lock, which those ****ers had to break through to get to my bike. That beige thing is the concrete slab at the end of most parking spaces. I made sure my bike was behind it so it wouldn't take up any space. The guy drives a Jetta too, and it's not like he hangs the front end of his car over the slab.

What's worse...I've had my bike for four or five years. In order to get it back from the impound lot, I need some registration, or a title, or something to prove the bike is mine. IT'S A ****ING BICYCLE. The best I've got is a receipt, and after four or five years...I don't know where the hell that's going to be. The only piece of "paperwork" that I have is the impound slip. Even the lady whom I was speaking at the impound office found it weird that a bicycle could get impounded...there's nothing she can do though because that's their policy. She even spoke to her supervisor, but...same story. On top of that, it's a $105 "service fee"...oh yea, a ****ing great service you've done for me.

I'm so ****ing mad right now. I don't understand why someone would call in for something like that. Damn, it's like he's just looking for something to complain about. It wasn't even in his spot! It was near it if anything. At least I know that it hasn't been stolen, but what the ****'s the point? If I can't turn up a receipt, then it's as good as gone.

man
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Was this at tech?

thinkfast®
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
thats a good ass drawing homey, what program you using

Whiteboy™
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Owned. Slash his tires, lol

VooDooXII
Was this at tech?

This was in my apartment's parking garage.

thats a good ass drawing homey, what program you using

Thanks man...I used photoshop along with a couple pictures I pulled off of google.

AJYteg
Amazing detail on the picture.

thinkfast®
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
props on it man, +1

Revmaynard
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Damn, well, either return the favor in some way or just buy a new bike, you can get one new for $105.

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Damn, well, either return the favor in some way or just buy a new bike, you can get one new for $105.

That's another thing...I used to be really into mountain biking, and I bought a hell of a bike. I've done my best to keep it up and running all this time. It was $650 when I bought it. I don't want to just replace it like that.

EJ25RUN
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
send them a picture of your middle finger.

Halfwit
11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
i would so lol if i saw a bike on its wheels on a toe truck being towed like a car strapped down an **** lol.

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Owned. Slash his tires, lolI'm tempted, but that'd make me no better.

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
i would so lol if i saw a bike on its wheels on a toe truck being towed like a car strapped down an **** lol.

I didn't even know bikes could get impounded...what the hell?

changaroo
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
pee on his door handle, put a boot on his car with a fake citation :)

are there cameras in your parking deck?

is he disabled? or someone living in his apt?

Kevykev
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Vin number?

WOW!

Very unfortunate and strange!

GIXXERDK
11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Damn lol, I do that on my motorcycle. Never had a problem

Alan®
11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
wow ****ed up

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 05:14 PM
okay lets do this. lets gather up all the old piece of **** bikes we can find and old chains and locks and every ****ing day until we run out of bikes or they stop impounding them chain them ****ers to the same sign.

§treet_§peed
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
wow that suxs just go by another one it'll almost be cheaper

Init2winit
11-30-2007, 05:31 PM
City of Atlanta? Where did it get impounded? I might be able to help you out.

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 05:36 PM
City of Atlanta? Where did it get impounded? I might be able to help you out.

Whoa seriously? PM'd.

Init2winit
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Whoa seriously? PM'd.Yeah, we can go break that ***** out! Shouldn't be too hard......:D I pm'd ya back.

Halfwit
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
okay lets do this. lets gather up all the old piece of **** bikes we can find and old chains and locks and every ****ing day until we run out of bikes or they stop impounding them chain them ****ers to the same sign.
ding ding ding!!! then the inpound yars is full of bikes, and they dont get paid for the tow because no one claims the bikes!! so theyll stop and hell be ok!!

and well put huge fkin chains on them so its hard as **** for them to cut off!!!

Init2winit
11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
ding ding ding!!! then the inpound yars is full of bikes, and they dont get paid for the tow because no one claims the bikes!! so theyll stop and hell be ok!!

and well put huge fkin chains on them so its hard as **** for them to cut off!!!F-uck a chain, weld them bit-ches to the signs!

con
11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
wow, that sucks....

call the Chief of the precinct that towed it and see if he/she can be of further assistance.

Revmaynard
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Damn, that's hella loot for that bike then, I see where you're coming from.

****, lets just get an angry mob of IA guys and we'll go take the parts off his car while it's parked there one day. OR move his car onto the curb and chain it to that sign. LOL.

VooDooXII
11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I've got the proof of ownership thing taken care of, and a big thanks to Init2winit for helping me out on what to do about the Service Fee.

I feel weird, because the guy's handicapped...I just wish he could've given me a warning or something instead of just hopping straight to taking my bike away for no good reason.

I need to talk to the commissioner's office about the charge, and the resident's office of my apartment building faxed a signed letter stating that I am the owner of that bike.

civic95
11-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Get yourself some of that expanding spray foam in a can, and spray it into his (key holes, door jambs, exhaust, wheels, valve stems, mirrors, etc).

Blitanicle99
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM
**** that Jetta the **** up. Hes a douche bag for doing that ****. Its like those **** heads that get handicap parking spots when they definitely do not need it and the people that are in walkers and on crutches cant park because of **** heads.
Pay for my diesel and Ill hook a truck up to his POS and drag it all the way to ****ing Alabama.
That **** pisses me off.

redrumracer
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
break lots of glass bottles in his parking spot. but make sure you wear something over your hands so they dont have your finger prints

Nitro
11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
That's another thing...I used to be really into mountain biking, and I bought a hell of a bike. I've done my best to keep it up and running all this time. It was $650 when I bought it. I don't want to just replace it like that.

fake receipt FTW!!!!

Stormhammer
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I would make the bastard more handicapped.

VooDooXII
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
fake receipt FTW!!!!

Already got that part taken care of, haha but not a bad idea if I can fake it well.

Jecht
12-01-2007, 12:26 AM
That is seriously fucked up. I would do little things just to make the guy who had it impounded mad. Find out which apartment is his and put glue in the locks before he gets home so his key is stuck.

VooDooXII
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Inconveniencing him, yea...as long as I don't too any permanent damage. I've got a tire pressure gauge...I could let the air out of his tires.

Everything's on my side too. I first thought my bike was stolen, so when I went to the front desk, they told me that they'd do what they could but they don't have any cameras watching that particular spot.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nitro
12-01-2007, 12:33 AM
i say .....chain his car to the pole when u get a chance :lmfao:

Kyle
12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
My vote is lock a bike to each wheel of the guys car.

RandomGuy
12-01-2007, 03:00 AM
thats messed up... My friend jasper only told on you because your bike was intruding on the pole which he uses to pull himself up onto his wheelchair. Pretty mest up on your part. You caused him all of that embarrassment of falling down attempting to get on multiple times, on his already low self esteem... just so you save 45 seconds walking.

VooDooXII
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Hah, Hasan...you would.

quickdodge®
12-01-2007, 03:25 AM
F-uck a chain, weld them bit-ches to the signs!

That would defeat the purpose, stupid. Later, QD.

GIXXERDK
12-01-2007, 03:33 AM
The more I think about this.

If I was born disabled, I would be pissed off at the world and let others suffer with me, lol.

disrupt
12-01-2007, 03:46 AM
doesn't necessarily mean he's disabled. i know a few people who get to use handicap parking because they were in car accidents. they say it's basically as easy as getting a doctor's note saying your back is ****ed up and submitting it to the DMV, and they give you the thing to hang from your rearview.
my dad had 2 herniated discs in his back and he got one(even though 2 months of therapy fixed everything, the parking things still valid). never used it though...i needa find that thing.

Wurm
12-01-2007, 09:43 AM
if he is in a wheel chair push him over one day

Stormhammer
12-01-2007, 10:35 AM
if he is in a wheel chair push him over one day

do what these kids did to this one guy in class year one year - his nickname was hotwheels ( he gave it to himself ) and he would always try to pick up girls, or when talking to them stare at their boobs :lmao: so the football team pick him up ( wheel chair and all ) and at the back of the HS there was a stairway with a landing and then more stairs, and they put him on that :lmao: Man as horrible as it was it was still amusing to see him threatening the football people to kick their asses etc

antiv6
12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
damn just cause this guys handicapped doesnt mean he's allowed to be a douchebag, confront him about it, or wait and look if he always has the handicapped parking tag up and if he forgets call the police

Init2winit
12-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Or, while you're out there welding bikes to signs, weld his doors shut!

MongolPup
12-01-2007, 02:26 PM
do what these kids did to this one guy in class year one year - his nickname was hotwheels ( he gave it to himself ) and he would always try to pick up girls, or when talking to them stare at their boobs :lmao: so the football team pick him up ( wheel chair and all ) and at the back of the HS there was a stairway with a landing and then more stairs, and they put him on that :lmao: Man as horrible as it was it was still amusing to see him threatening the football people to kick their asses etc

You went to Collins Hill.

xlilvi3tx
12-01-2007, 02:36 PM
u can impound bikes? and then they expect u to have a way to prove it yours? wtf? :thinking:

markopolo311
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
you should just go sign up for your own bull**** handicap permit with some BS reason and start parking in his spot.

Frög
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
i hate the system too.. its pretty ridiculous..

Leadfoot_mf
12-01-2007, 03:41 PM
timmy timmy

SicStang03
12-01-2007, 03:59 PM
does that jetta park there daily?? If so I would phuck something up. Probably some prick that hates the world because they are handicap. Dump biatch can't even ride a bike.

VooDooXII
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
u can impound bikes? and then they expect u to have a way to prove it yours? wtf? :thinking:

Even the lady I talked to at the impound office thought it was crazy that my bicycle got impounded! Of course, "That's our policy, and I can't do much about it."

The person I spoke with was quite helpful. I've gotten the proof of ownership thing taken care of. No need for a receipt...just a signed letterhead from my apartment's residence office saying that I am, in fact, the owner of that bicycle. Now all I'm worried about is the service fee...$105 is a lot of money for such a trifling little inconvenience. Init2winit told me who to talk to though, so I can challenge that fee. Problem is, they're out until Monday. I could just pay the fee and pick it up today or tomorrow, or call the commissioner and see if I have a chance at getting that fee reduced or removed. Like I said, it's a lot of money...so I think it's worth the wait.

SicStang03
12-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Is the bike even worth $105??

xlilvi3tx
12-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Is the bike even worth $105??

lol he said it was worth $650, but man weird **** happens. hrmm.... :rolleyes: i wonder what would happen if i left my skateboard in the same place u put your bike...? lol not even worth going thru the trouble hahha

VooDooXII
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Well...got my bike back.

I'm also down $190...$105 for the release, $60 for storage because my mom drove into work today rather than taking the bus, and then $25 for a new lock to replace the old one they had cut through.

This guy is going to have quite a frustrating week.

IndianStig
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Wow, thats ****ed up Rahulio.

Hows the Saab doing though?

VooDooXII
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow, thats ****ed up Rahulio.

Hows the Saab doing though?

It's doing...well. I haven't driven it in a long time.