PDA

View Full Version : Integra wont start??

KDM>JDM
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Alright, my friend has an 96 LS integra and a few weeks ago it got to where it didnt want to start, if you pumped the clutch and stomped it hard then it would start but with alot of grinding and loud knocking noise. Then it got to where no matter how much you pumped the clutch it wouldnt start so we replaced the clutch relay switch or whatever its called. Now it turns over but will not start up, we replaced the ignition coil and it still wont start. Any sugestions???

EmminoDaGreat
11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
check timing belt :]

KDM>JDM
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I dont think it would be out of timing, theres really no reason for it to be and the belt is not visibly messed up.

Init2winit
11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I'd bet money that this is most likely your problem! These are the ones I use, and they work wonders!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=13

CANCER
11-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Main relay

JDM onlyy
11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
you got any check engine lights going on?
did you check to see if you get spark or not?
do you hear the fuel pump come on after two clicks of the key?

check those and then come back.

speedminded
11-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I'd bet money that this is most likely your problem! These are the ones I use, and they work wonders!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=13lolol, I looked at that twice, thought about it for a second then said to myself you must be confused, Honda's don't have clutch belts...heyyy, wait a minute! lolol

Main relayThat or the rotor button.

KDM>JDM
11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
alright, the girl who owns the car knows nothing about cars so I'll have to check all those things tomorrow. I was just wanting some ideas because of the knocking/griding noise it made. Keep posting ideas though, everything is a possibility at this point cause we havent looked to far into it

speedminded
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
alright, the girl who owns the car knows nothing about cars so I'll have to check all those things tomorrow. I was just wanting some ideas because of the knocking/griding noise it made. Keep posting ideas though, everything is a possibility at this point cause we havent looked to far into itohh yeah, i forgot about the knocking grinding noise...yep back to the timing belt with that issue. Does it sound like it has compression when it turns over?

KDM>JDM
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I cant get ahold of anyone with the car right now so i cant really check these things till tomorrow. Cant the flywheel cause these problems too?? Or do they not even turn over with a bad flywheel???

speedminded
11-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I cant get ahold of anyone with the car right now so i cant really check these things till tomorrow. Cant the flywheel cause these problems too??Coule be but highly unlikely...definitely wouldn't have any compression then.

civicracer5000
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
have you check the distribuitor

DaRussian
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
your timing belt could have jumped, i had bought a 95 integra not too long ago and when i started it, it sounded like the engine was blown or something... but i checked the timing and it had jumped couple spaces. after i redid the timing it runs like new

wrekonize
11-30-2007, 11:06 PM
mine did that i thought it was the timing but with i checked it the timing was fine mine turned out to be that the screw the holds the rotor in the distribuitor fell off so it might be that....