PDA

View Full Version : So I finally found me a nice EF hatch.

BBanks357
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Its a 91 STD Hatch white w/ blue int.

Inside is PERFECT im talkin it looks new. out side is in great shape too but needs a new right front fendor. Can't even really notice the dent with the naked eye.

First thinng im doin is getting Omni's & Rims & Then im gonna swap out the intirier w/ SI intirier & Maybe get a CRX dash/Console.

I will get pictures ASAP.

BABY J
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
How about the 1st thing you do being security??? There's an idea... welcome to GA.

BBanks357
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
security for a stock STD hatch?

crhatchzc
11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
damn j havnt talked to you in aminute

BABY J
11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
security for a stock STD hatch?

You'll learn the hard way then w/ that mentality - u already said you're gonna mod it. ;)

Papa_Smurf
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
pics for sure bro!

welcome to the family :)

crhatchzc
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
welcome

BBanks357
11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks, I will get pictures soon.

You all know what a stock white STD hatch looks like.

Will race springs settle too low w/ 205/40/16's?

Can't decide if I want a nice springs/nice shock combo or juts get coilovers.

LIKEG6
11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
get some 215/40/16

bigdare23
11-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Welcome to squad homie!

BBanks357
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Dare.

I am gonna do it right the first time so I don't have to go back & swap stuff out.

First thing Im getting is OmniSport Full Coilovers, I think I'll be alot happier w/ coilovers since I can adjust them rather then just springs.

Still undecided on rims, some sort of 15/16

Lip/CF hood & I'l be done on the outside.

Then im thinking sleeved B16 w/ lots of boost.

We'll see.

matthewAPM
11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
coilovers. When im on 15s im tucking in the rear and have no problem when im on 16x7.5s

jfrolang
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Will race springs settle too low w/ 205/40/16's?

Can't decide if I want a nice springs/nice shock combo or juts get coilovers.Depends on the brand of springs. FYI, 205/40-16 is a smaller overall tire than stock. 215/40-16 is a more accurate size, but it's also harder to find and more expensive.

Really though, I recommend getting Ground Controls and Koni shocks. I've been in the game for a while and I see no reason anybody should do anything different. It doesn't matter if your goal is a mild street car that wants to retain a comfortable ride, or if your goal is a straight race car. This setup gives you all the adjustability you could want at a cost less than any decent "full coilover." Omni is NOT a good coilover. There's a reason they're so cheap.

get some 215/40/16Quoted for great justice. reps coming if I can

matthewAPM
11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
-Ground Control coilovers/ SPSS Valved Twin Tube adjustable Koni shocks (450/550, 500/600, 650/750)
-CRX HF front sway bar w/ poly endlinks
-All engery suspension black poly bushings
-ingalls rear camber arms
-progress 24mm infinitely adjustable rear sway bar (custom)
-GPO3 red glastic rear swaybar pillowblock mounts

here is wht i got. cant find anything better IMAO

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:08 PM
What they said.

Prepare to get in e-fights in the squad that aren't serious.

Prepare to catch **** from the squad (mostly me, dare, alan, jfro, and jermaine...some more than others) that isn't meant seriously.

Come out to meets.

Hope to meet you before I leave.

Welcome to the squad. You've made the right choice. And chosen the right crew. We're here to do what we can for you, and expect you to do the same. :goodjob:

BABY J
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
-Ground Control coilovers/ SPSS Valved Twin Tube adjustable Koni shocks (450/550, 500/600, 650/750)
-CRX HF front sway bar w/ poly endlinks
-All engery suspension black poly bushings
-ingalls rear camber arms
-progress 24mm infinitely adjustable rear sway bar (custom)
-GPO3 red glastic rear swaybar pillowblock mounts

here is wht i got. cant find anything better IMAO

EXCEPT for the LCA bushing - keep that stock. NE1 in SCCA w/ an EF will tell you that. Replace w/ OEM bushing.

Papa_Smurf
11-29-2007, 10:20 PM
What they said.

Prepare to get in e-fights in the squad that aren't serious.

Prepare to catch **** from the squad (mostly me, dare, alan, jfro, and jermaine...some more than others) that isn't meant seriously.

Come out to meets.

Hope to meet you before I leave.

Welcome to the squad. You've made the right choice. And chosen the right crew. We're here to do what we can for you, and expect you to do the same. :goodjob:

word. we're sum clowns on the boards, makes for good laughs :yes:.

but ben, he's usually ALWAYS a clown when you first meet him :tongue1:. and then you'll see that the rest of us are all clowns too, just takes a little bit to see it :ninja:

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
EXCEPT for the LCA bushing - keep that stock. NE1 in SCCA w/ an EF will tell you that. Replace w/ OEM bushing.
...I keep hearing both ways, on that...

I've read many threads on that...

I still don't know who or what to believe. I rock 'em. I have no complaints...

I wish I could do my OWN side-by-side comparison.

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM
word. we're sum clowns on the boards, makes for good laughs :yes:.

but ben, he's usually ALWAYS a clown when you first meet him :tongue1:. and then you'll see that the rest of us are all clowns too, just takes a little bit to see it :ninja:
I've never been big on "good first impressions"

Let's see...dated a Dutch girl. Her dad met me throwing up in his backyard cuz I took the gallon-challenge of whole milk.

Dated a german girl. First time we met, I picked her number up while dancing with my ex. Second date, we went out to see another one of my ex's as I showed off in my buddy's vette for the girl's dad.

Some of the squad saw me for the first time this past meet bottom the **** outta my car at the varsity.

Some of the squad met me on the first semi-big meet cuz I yelled "get over here" to everyone and then acted like I ran the place.

First impressions aren't my thing...so the first time you meet me, I'm usually an *******. The second time...all's good.

Papa_Smurf
11-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I've never been big on "good first impressions"

Let's see...dated a Dutch girl. Her dad met me throwing up in his backyard cuz I took the gallon-challenge of whole milk.

Dated a german girl. First time we met, I picked her number up while dancing with my ex. Second date, we went out to see another one of my ex's as I showed off in my buddy's vette for the girl's dad.

Some of the squad saw me for the first time this past meet bottom the **** outta my car at the varsity.

Some of the squad met me on the first semi-big meet cuz I yelled "get over here" to everyone and then acted like I ran the place.

First impressions aren't my thing...so the first time you meet me, I'm usually an *******. The second time...all's good.

was this the one b4 the last meet, when we met on the upper level of the varisty? the 2 day meet?

lol i remember i didn't know anyone eccept whiteboy and guy, and then you got everyone together, and seemed to be the only one talking... and then you were climbing trees and shiit...haha

didn't think much of you then, thought you were a cocky S.O.B...lol now i realize you're a pretty cool dude :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
was this the one b4 the last meet, when we met on the upper level of the varisty? the 2 day meet?

lol i remember i didn't know anyone eccept whiteboy and guy, and then you got everyone together, and seemed to be the only one talking... and then you were climbing trees and shiit...haha

didn't think much of you then, thought you were a cocky S.O.B...lol now i realize you're a pretty cool dude :goodjob:
LOLOLOL! Funny thing is alot of my friends will say they met me/thought the EXACT same thing. One of my closest friends and I hated each other. Now...we hang out when we get the chance.

I didn't know ANYONE at the first EF meet. And yes...you're talking about the right meet.

I tend to come off cocky because I'm confident. I either won't do anything at all, or I'll take initiative...something ALOT of people lack, today, for fear of failure. So when I take initiative and stand up...I come off as an ******* just because I take FULL charge. However...on the flip...when I DO take full charge like that...**** gets done, and people understand what the plan is, and what to do. I'm just confident, and make things very clear. Like you said. Tends to come off as cocky, and arrogant. Everyone knows Dare stands above me, though. Once they're on the boards. (LoL, but in real life, he's like 4'11...so I tower over)

Papa_Smurf
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
lol yea, i hear ya... everything you said makes since. when you do take charge at meets, everyone pays attention, and knows exactly what the plan is.

lol about darryl...

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
lol yea, i hear ya... everything you said makes since. when you do take charge at meets, everyone pays attention, and knows exactly what the plan is.

lol about darryl...
LoL. I used to pretty much run a car club. When I stopped taking charge, they ran themselves into the ground. When I was in charge, the rules were simple. You listened to me, you stayed in touch with me, and you would know when, where, and why we were meeting. You weren't there to make a call on a decision, tough ****. You were late showing up to a meet and lost us? Tough ****. Simple as that.

Not to mention it helps that I've got a voice that carries, and is loud...ladies don't dig it, though, cuz it's not deep :(

Papa_Smurf
11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
lol i dont think you have a problem with the ladies ben....

/thread jacking

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
One would think...there's alot ya'll don't know. :ninja: I hope to keep it that way. All I can say is I'll be happy to go to boot for 13weeks, and then not look back to ATL except for mom, dad, sis, one or two friends, and what's left of the EF Squad when I come back...

LIKEG6
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
if you get 15's I say go with a 205/50

jfrolang
11-29-2007, 11:09 PM
You want the inner LCA mounts to be rubber, because the arms don't move in a strictly vertical motion. The trailing arm bushing should also be rubber. Think about how they move and you'll understand why.

BABY J
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
^^ beat me to the punch! +1

StraightSix
11-29-2007, 11:58 PM
For a street car, leave all the bushings rubber. That way there will be enough give in the suspension to not rattle kidneys. One of CSCC's autocross cars has nearly all poly bushings and there's really very little deflection in the suspension at all, and I would not want to DD that.

Also, what has been said about cheap coilovers is very true. Many times the dampers aren't well matched to the spring rates and you get a pogo stick ride.

EvasiveEF9
11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
For a street car, leave all the bushings rubber. That way there will be enough give in the suspension to not rattle kidneys. One of CSCC's autocross cars has nearly all poly bushings and there's really very little deflection in the suspension at all, and I would not want to DD that.

Also, what has been said about cheap coilovers is very true. Many times the dampers aren't well matched to the spring rates and you get a pogo stick ride.
Vouch. I'll give you a ride in mine for proof... Even with the AGX's set to 1...it's still pretty rough...

matthewAPM
11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
if your going to the santa run 100, i will let u ride in mine.

BBanks357
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know where I can get 2 front bumper lenses & a passenger side fendor?

Im not going to attend any meets untill I atleast get suspension/rims.

Don't wanna get looked at funny haha

Im removing my penstrips tommorow, Does anyone have any tips besides a blowdryer? Blowdryer works but it's a very slow process it's like watching grass grow.

Grimm Reeper
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Jermaine's EF is still a WIP, no one would mind. You can just come out and HOPEFULLY.... make new friends/ just make your presence known.

BBanks357
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
ok thanks.

you know where i can get a fender? or some bumper lights?

any junkyards around Lawrenceville/Grayson area?

im new to this DIY work in progress used car stuff, any help would be great.

matthewAPM
11-30-2007, 10:59 PM
there is one in dacula off harbins road. cant remember the name. they have a few there. pull-a-part is also a good place to go.

BBanks357
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
yesterday I took the pinstripe's off the car, came right off pretty easy & used paint thinner to remove the gunk.

painted the mouldings/bumpers with a duplicolor rattlecan black.

Cleaned & repainted the stealwheels black.

The car looks like it did brand new in 91 :goodjob:

Im getting a digital camera for christmas so i'll have pictures then.