PDA

View Full Version : fuse on main power wire

renfrat
11-29-2007, 03:17 PM
hey guys not on here much but wanted to put a post out there about fuses my amp about 2 months ago it just cut out on me and stopped working checked everything could not figure out what the problem was well then i decided to replace the fuse ((looked perfect)) i changed it out then it started working well the point of this is to check the basics fuse looked fine but it was bad sometimes it could be a simple fix loose wire fuse that still looks bad not too common but happens i hear of too many people throwing their stuff away wires amps cd players ect because they think its bad or blown just some advice if it takes uninstalling it and rewiring it may save you your money that you would spend on replacing it well thanks

redgst97
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
AGU style fuses have been sketch for nearly 10 years (or more) now. They are the glass fuses typical within car audio. There is typically a bad connection within the fuse itself as the end....where it is hidden from view.

Nothing new with that news, but still good advice....

renfrat
11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
i posted it for the non knowledged car stereo ppl out there

Turbo04
11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Punctuation man, come on. It's been well known that the glass fuses are hit or miss. But thanks....