PDA

View Full Version : Clocking in for help

JeremyEvoX
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
What's up? I've been coming to the forum to see what was going on for a while but this is my first post and I come seeking knowledge. I drive an 03 Tiburon GT and I recently installed a Borla Cat-back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake. A couple of weeks after the install, my check engine light came on. Now it comes on and goes off every couple of days and it drives me nuts. The car still runs fine except occasionally when I lift off hard from full throttle if I have to stop quickly, the engine will stall. It starts right back up no problem but I would hate for it to happen going through a hard corner and I lose my power steering and brakes. A friend hooked it up to a computer and it's throwing the mass air sensor code. I imagine the problem is with the sensor reading too much air but I don't know why that would make it stall or what I can do about it. Does anyone have an answer?

B16a2 Civic
07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Welcome, i guess.

yoru problem may be your 02 sensor. usually when you upgrade your exhaust, your O2 sensor goes out faster....well this is the case with most hondas and sounds this may be the case with you.

4dmin
07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
^ x2

ŁG2♣
07-29-2005, 02:32 PM
^ x3 or maybe 4?

Spyder
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
welcome , i think.

99ITRGIRL
07-29-2005, 11:46 PM
welcome

kutepunkprincess
07-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Welcome, i guess.

yoru problem may be your 02 sensor. usually when you upgrade your exhaust, your O2 sensor goes out faster....well this is the case with most hondas and sounds this may be the case with you.

im thinkin maybe just what he said. i had a similar case like that w/my old accord.