PDA

View Full Version : HELP? Squeal coming from transmission...

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Okay check it...

I got this problem see... from time to time when i disengage my clutch i get this squeal. it happens when i'm like half way having the gas pedal down and half way from being totally off the clutch.

yeah... so... however long i stay in that mid area of being on and off, thats how long the squeal lasts.

What dat iz? :thinking: :dunno:

I dont know if it matters but it started to happen after i installed my CC clutch and a CC 9lb FW.

Any help is preciated :goodjob:

( CC= Competition Clutch )

speedminded
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
New throw-out bearing right? Did you do a proper break-in on the disc? How many miles on it so far?

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
New throw-out bearing right? Did you do a proper break-in on the disc? How many miles on it so far?
yup :yes:

so far id have to say theres no more 2k . i dont drive much but to work and home and the occasional Varsity meet. and its probably been about 4 months since ive been making my usual commute.

speedminded
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
yup :yes:

so far id have to say theres no more 2k . i dont drive much but to work and home and the occasional Varsity meet. and its probably been about 4 months since ive been making my usual commute.There should be a drain hole in the bottom of the bell housing, spray some WD-40 up in it...I guarantee the squeal will go away :D

(hahahah, j/k don't do it!)

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
There should be a drain hole in the bottom of the bell housing, spray some WD-40 up in it...I guarantee the squeal will go away :D

(hahahah, j/k don't do it!)
didnt some noob do some mess like that before? :thinking:
nah i think it was some dude put water in the motor?
what was it? shoot. oh wells....

could it be a Transmission Fluid issue?

speedminded
11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
didnt some noob do some mess like that before? :thinking:
nah i think it was some dude put water in the motor?
what was it? shoot. oh wells....

could it be a Transmission Fluid issue?Either way put GM Synchromesh in it, it's astroglide for your gearbox. :goodjob:

killerdx
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Does it do it when your not pressing the gas,and just pressin the clutch

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Either way put GM Synchromesh in it, it's astroglide for your gearbox. :goodjob:
aight. will do. i think thats what i used when i initially put in my GSR tranny. but do you think it will help stop the squeal as well? do you have any other suggestions? :thinking:

Does it do it when your not pressing the gas,and just pressin the clutch
it happens when im pressing the gas and getting off the clutch. at the mid point.

Init2winit
11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
The clutch disc is chattering. You're hearing harmonics coming from it.

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
is this normal? or does it need to be tended to.

blaknoize
11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Mine does it. I like the sound. But... it hasnt caused a problem for me yet. My clutch isnt new though... so maybe I'm commenting bout the wrong thing here. But its been like that since I've had mine.

speedminded
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
is this normal? or does it need to be tended to.Has it always done it? Chatter is normal for some lightweight flywheel/clutch combos...it's a sprung disc right? normal disc or mult-puck?

I have the 8.5lb Cusco single piece chromoly flywheel and HD Clutchmaster stage III pressure plate with an ACT street disc...by far the best combination i've ever driven on a sub 200hp b-series.

AnthonyF
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
maybe it is just your pedal squeaking. ive seen things like that before. turn ur car off, kneal down and push the clutch with ur hand. if ya hear something spray some wd40 on it and move the clutch. if thats not it, it's because it's a honda. lol. j/k

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Has it always done it? Chatter is normal for some lightweight flywheel/clutch combos...it's a sprung disc right? normal disc or mult-puck?

I have the 8.5lb Cusco single piece chromoly flywheel and HD Clutchmaster stage III pressure plate with an ACT street disc...by far the best combination i've ever driven on a sub 200hp b-series.

its always done it ever since it was installed. i'm starting to believe i have the Competition Ultra Lightweight Flywheel, that is recommened for stage 2 clutches and up, mated to a "stage 1" Gravity series clutch kit.

i put up a WTB a while ago for a lightweigt flywheel but upon purchasing the FW i didnt do research. partially because i didnt know exactly what model it was to begin with.
So this could be all my doing by not necessarily having mismated parts but parts that werent actually recommended to go together.

here are the specs on my parts...

Stage 1 - Gravity Series 2400 Clutch Kit

http://www.competitionclutch.com/images/artdetail_46.jpg The economical solution for moderately modified cars or simply aggressive individuals with stock power. Offers 40-50% of torque capacity and maintains stock pedal feel. DO NOT use with added forced induction such as turbo, supercharger, or NOS systems.

The 2400 Series kit includes a Competition Clutch pressure plate, a 6 pad Carbotic high-torque performance disc assembly, all applicable bearings and the appropriate alignment tool.

Forged Ultra Lightweight Steel Flywheel

http://www.competitionclutch.com/images/artdetail_45.jpg The STU flywheel is recommended for forced induction and/or track and rally racing applications. This flywheel will work with ALL performance and stock clutch assemblies.

Qualities of the CCI Ultra Lightweight Steel Flywheel:
One piece ring gear for high durability
Weight varies from 8 lbs. to 10 lbs. depending on application
Well suited for Stage 3 and up clutch kit applications

Recommended for forced induction and/or track and rally racing applications

Stamped with 4140 plate with 2000 ton pressure at 1260 degrees
CNC machined and balanced to O.E. specifications Reduced Mass = Increased Accleration

AnthonyF
11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
The economical solution for moderately modified cars or simply aggressive individuals with stock power. Offers 40-50% of torque capacity and maintains stock pedal feel. DO NOT use with added forced induction such as turbo, supercharger, or NOS systems.

thats all i could read. stood out like a sore thumb. lol. sorry. it's funny

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
thats all i could read. stood out like a sore thumb. lol. sorry. it's funny
:lmfao:

AnthonyF
11-29-2007, 01:37 PM
^^ did u see my other post? check the actual pedal

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 01:43 PM
^^ did u see my other post? check the actual pedal
yeah. but that aint it. cuz its clearly coming from the transmission :goodjob:

AnthonyF
11-29-2007, 01:48 PM
o boo...urs is an external slave right? possibly that?

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 01:50 PM
o boo...urs is an external slave right? possibly that?
yeah. but changed that too!!!
i should take that shˇt back for sh.ts and giggles.

speedminded
11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
yeah. but changed that too!!!
i should take that shˇt back for sh.ts and giggles.have someone stick their head under the hood as you press and release the pedal...

AnthonyF
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
have someone stick their head under the hood as you press and release the pedal...

make sure they open the hood before they try to ram it in. :goodjob:

Dirty Octopus™
11-29-2007, 02:34 PM
have someone stick their head under the hood as you press and release the pedal...
to pin point where its coming from?

Init2winit
11-29-2007, 03:19 PM
is this normal? or does it need to be tended to.I wouldn't say that its normal, but it will be fine as long as you can deal with the noise. Its kind of like brake pads squeeling.