PDA

View Full Version : Stressed out about finals

Alan®
11-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Finals are next week and im stressed the hell out. i have a 60 page journal due on thursday that i havent started on a huge study guide book due for psychology and on top of that my business professor handed me back half of my extra credit assignement told me it was garbage and to redo it. my business professor gave us 30 articles to summarize for 20 extra points and i did all but 2 of them. out of 20 points i only got 4. the guy is 75 and has no idea what he is talking about. u should see the remarks he wrote on this thing its ridiculous. told me i didnt have a conclusion on a bunch of them when the word conclusion was in the god damn sentence. the revision is due on wednesday. i was going in hoping to end with a 3.6 now im just trying to keep my 3.0 im sitting on right now. what sucks is i will be on academic probation next semester since im in the honors dorm and you have to keep a 3.5.this is my rant i know nobody cares but just needed to vent. i'm just losing my mind and it sucks. i cant wait for next week to be over. i am going to lock myself in my room next weekend and just sleep because i havent slept good in almost a month.

Magnus213
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Damn dude, good luck with it. Finals are always a pain in the ass, you have to work the hardest when vacation is the closest. Definitely hard to stay focused.

redrumracer
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM
just take a deeeeeeeeeeeep breath and relax. go do something for yourself for a couple hours then come back and get to work

changaroo
11-29-2007, 03:00 AM
what school do you go to?

tech is gonna rip me a new one this semester.

3.5altman
11-29-2007, 05:18 AM
damn thats a lot of stuff to do.

Jecht
11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I hate finals... a few of my teachers are cutting me a break though, one final is an essay that we write outside of class and another teacher accidentally let it slip out that our finals grade is determined if we come to class for it or not. :lmao:

Alan®
11-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I hate finals... a few of my teachers are cutting me a break though, one final is an essay that we write outside of class and another teacher accidentally let it slip out that our finals grade is determined if we come to class for it or not. :lmao:
lucky bastard....It's all good I guess. Changaroo sorry bro but hey all goes well i'll be there next fall whats your major. Was gonna come home this afternoon and get started girlfriend had other plans for me to relieve stress :idb: :goodjob: . Just dropped her off and about to get started. Also I go to Gordon.

Ran
11-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Finals are next week and im stressed the hell out. i have a 60 page journal due on thursday that i havent started on a huge study guide book due for psychology and on top of that my business professor handed me back half of my extra credit assignement told me it was garbage and to redo it. my business professor gave us 30 articles to summarize for 20 extra points and i did all but 2 of them. out of 20 points i only got 4. the guy is 75 and has no idea what he is talking about. u should see the remarks he wrote on this thing its ridiculous. told me i didnt have a conclusion on a bunch of them when the word conclusion was in the god damn sentence. the revision is due on wednesday. i was going in hoping to end with a 3.6 now im just trying to keep my 3.0 im sitting on right now. what sucks is i will be on academic probation next semester since im in the honors dorm and you have to keep a 3.5.this is my rant i know nobody cares but just needed to vent. i'm just losing my mind and it sucks. i cant wait for next week to be over. i am going to lock myself in my room next weekend and just sleep because i havent slept good in almost a month.So let's break this down a little. You have one week to finish a Sixy Page Journal and to Rework an Extra Credit Paper? D@mn son, I'd be hoping on that journal if I were you. Were you supposed to be doing this during the course of the semester? lol

Alan®
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
So let's break this down a little. You have one week to finish a Sixy Page Journal and to Rework an Extra Credit Paper? D@mn son, I'd be hoping on that journal if I were you. Were you supposed to be doing this during the course of the semester? lol
yea basically but i blew it off trying to concentrate on day to day stuff. I have a plan worked out though. I'm going to take tonight and do as much psych stuff until my dad gets home and then when he goes to bed i'm going to do my journal till i fall asleep. then tommorow work all day on finishing the psych stuff and then that night work on the journal. i figure if im doing the stupid study guide book for my psych class thats as good as studying :goodjob: . hopefully saturday i will be starting on studying for a different final while working on my journal. i think i'll be ok i just gotta bust my ass for the next few days. i got less than a week left to go gotta make every day count

thinkfast®
11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
where the fuk is Gordon holmes

smoke a fat one bro no need to stress, smoke sessions on the regular get ya mind right.. stress free life is the best life

Kdanzig
11-29-2007, 06:00 PM
That's too much sh!t man, I'm sorry. I hope you don't have to work on top of all of this

Stormhammer
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I feel ya - Mechatronics major + physics minor can suck, but eh, I was never one to stress much if I felt confident in what I knew

00CelicaGT
11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
kill ur self! j/k

man goodluck i hope all gose well

Sledlude
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
smoke a fat one bro no need to stress, smoke sessions on the regular get ya mind right.. stress free life is the best life

HA! I agree ricky.

And RedGT, I feel ya 100%! This next week is about to kick my ass.... thats what I get for going to grad school! I used to be the same way but you just have to manage your time more efficiently. Next semester, don't leave semester long projects for the last few weeks of school. You are setting yourself up for disaster. I hate to say that 'cuz I know you don't want to hear it, but its the truth! You live and you learn.

It is totally do-able though. De-stress and focus, go on and do the s.hit. Now go get some red bulls, get the **** off of IA, and get at it!

Best of luck and I feel your pain!

man
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Im sitting here trying to write a paper that's due tomorrow. Got some classical music playing and some mood lighting, lol don't ask why, it just helps me focus. Probably because I need music but anything with lyrics throws me off track.

coolcat
11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Load up on Adderall, you'll work like a turbo'd chipmunk.

man
11-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Load up on Adderall, you'll work like a turbo'd chipmunk.

Haven't taken adderall since i was at Ga tech. I prefer not to use it.

Alan®
11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
well i just lost two hours of time because i locked myself out of my house and to wait for my dad to get in from VA to let me in **** i sat down and looked at my schedule and i feel a lil better especially about my psych class because i just realized its not till thursday still gotta get the stupid journal done though

Crazy Asian
11-29-2007, 09:49 PM
whack it off.

Alan®
11-29-2007, 10:04 PM
What? LOL

Magnus213
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Haha. Good stress relief techniques: yoga, breathing techniques, exercise, meditation, and... whacking it.

My finals are two weeks away.

Monday: Physics, Philosophy.
Tuesday: Calculus
Wednesday: Chemistry

I'm most concerned with Chem- I MUST pass that class because I'll die if I have to retake it.

Alan®
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
man i hear you im the same way with my damn psych class

Kevykev
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
They'll pass you'll pass...

or FAIL!

LOL

GL :D

Alan®
12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I may actually get everything done on time.............

put in serious work today got half of my psych stuff done(7 chapters worth)and 10 pages of the 60 i need for my english journal. gonna get a smoke and hit the sack get up at and hope for anothe productive day

Kyle
12-01-2007, 12:36 AM
At least you dont drive a 3g eclipse. Oh wait you do.

But yeah, life sucks, finals suck. thank god its only twice a year. But those 4 weeks blow.