PDA

View Full Version : If someone wants to brace his frame....

madking411
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
In the rear of his car, to make the whole thing vibrate less, and become more stiff, etc., How would he go about doing it??

He said he wants to try to find the upper part of his frame on both sides in the rear of his car, below the window and attempt to bolt a bar across it, almost the same way that a strut bar would install, only ON the frame, not in the strut towers. Would that work at all??

Halfwit
11-28-2007, 05:46 PM
supposing "he" didnt have a uni-body car.

i dont really think there is a part of the "frame" that high up in a car that is strongly connected to the main "frame" enough to help.

you confused me, so im pretty much gonna stop trying now though lol......

driftyboy
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Megan Racing makes a B-pillar and C-pillar bars for a few cars.

http://meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=72

- Drifty

madking411
11-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Megan Racing makes a B-pillar and C-pillar bars for a few cars.

http://meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=72

- Drifty

Thats EXACTLY what im talkin about...!
Repps if i could:goodjob:

But, sadly, since the aftermarket for my car is lacking a little, ill have to make the brace myself....

....and Halfwit, just to clear things up for you a bit, the ''HE'', is actually me. I just didnt want to get flamed or called rice, because im starting to get into tuning and building my car a little more....:ninja:

IronEagle
11-28-2007, 09:02 PM
You can always seam weld the body like raceteams do. Basically you go over the factory welds and make the chassis much stronger. A custom cage will also tighten it up nicely.

David88vert
11-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Just put in a cage and be done.

B_Hoov
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
im a welder :goodjob:

speedminded
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM
In the rear of his car, to make the whole thing vibrate less, and become more stiff, etc., How would he go about doing it??

He said he wants to try to find the upper part of his frame on both sides in the rear of his car, below the window and attempt to bolt a bar across it, almost the same way that a strut bar would install, only ON the frame, not in the strut towers. Would that work at all??Just build your own using aluminum stock and some sort of turnbuckle...

HiPSI
11-29-2007, 07:32 PM
stiffening up the chassis will not cause the car to vibrate less...

speedminded
11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
stiffening up the chassis will not cause the car to vibrate less...exactly....vibrations are from solid or bad motor, drive line, and exhaust mounts. Then stiff suspension, bad bushings, lower profile tires, etc.