PDA

View Full Version : Misc Good DMB (Dave Mathews Band) Songs?

Blitanicle99
11-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I have some of his music, I want to download more of it and wanted to get some favorites from everyone.
So whats everyone favorite songs of DMB?
Or hell any other songs/bands of this genre?

Hulud
11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
tampons.com

The Yousef
11-28-2007, 09:39 PM
tampons.com

not everyone likes scary white people music you emo freak...lol

Hulud
11-28-2007, 09:43 PM
not everyone likes scary white people music you emo freak...lol
***** please dmb is closer to emo than anything i listen to :goodjob:

lol

The Yousef
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
***** please dmb is closer to emo than anything i listen to :goodjob:

lol

how the fuk is DMB emo? :lmfao:

thinkfast®
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
LOL HULUD GETTIN HIS GANGSTA ON

YOSEF DONT A GAY DMB IS FOR THONG SANDAL WEARIN HOMOS

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT

The Yousef
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT

don't you have a bowl to smoke or something?

killerdx
11-28-2007, 10:00 PM
**** man almost all there songs are pretty good,they just all almost sound just alike

thinkfast®
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
already done man.. bout to make the last blunt of the nite

thinkfast®
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
dont you got a DMB mixtape to make??

:lmfao: :lmfao:

The Yousef
11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
already done man.. bout to make the last blunt of the nite

i'm calling the cops and INS on you...

Blitanicle99
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
You burn and do not listen to Dave Matthews? I never listened to it until I heard it high and all the sudden it made perfect sense why people listen to him.
And no its not emo crap. I make alot of long drives so its nice to smoke a bowl, and just pop some chill music and boom im at my destination.

Hulud
11-29-2007, 06:44 AM
lol at yousef and blit misreading what i posted

i didnt call them emo, i said their music is closer to emo than what i listen to

and if you want to argue that, you are just dumb.

go listen to Jimmy eat world, dashboard confessional, and many others that are emo

then listen to DMB and the hardcore/metal that i listen to, then you will see "oh wait, hulud was right. dmb is closer sounding to emo than metal is"

:lmao:

Hulud
11-29-2007, 06:44 AM

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT
you know how i be, son

SampaGuy
11-29-2007, 06:46 AM
"Warehouse" and "Bartender" are my fav

killerdx
11-29-2007, 07:58 AM
:best of whats around :goodjob:

Blitanicle99
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Hulud I gotcha on that, like being not "hardcore" or hard rock music more a somewhat relaxed chill music. But its all good... no worries.

Hulud
11-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Hulud I gotcha on that, like being not "hardcore" or hard rock music more a somewhat relaxed chill music. But its all good... no worries.
thats what i was referring to, its more similar in the style

pontiacsftw
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
marching ants, stay (wasting time), two step...

my faves

tlxsess
12-04-2007, 03:16 AM
grey street/ two step/ jimi thing/ what you are/ crush/ ect. ect. ect. The best cd to get ahold of imo is the live at central park album, its imo the BEST mixed album he has put out, and there are a couple of songs where warren hayes plays the electric in like "cortez the killer" and one other one.

Deke
12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
grey street/ two step/ jimi thing/ what you are/ crush/ ect. ect. ect. The best cd to get ahold of imo is the live at central park album, its imo the BEST mixed album he has put out, and there are a couple of songs where warren hayes plays the electric in like "cortez the killer" and one other one.

I 2nd this post.

Also add Rapunzel, The Stone, #41, Best of What's Around, All Along the Watchtower, and I'm sure I'll think of others throughout the day. But yeah, just buy the Central Park album.

Kyle
12-04-2007, 11:35 AM
DMB is quite possibly the most over-glorified musician ever. He isn't that great, yet all lame white kids unite and listen to his music.

BABY J
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
I like the older DMB (Crash, too Much, etc). But if you like DMB then u should like John Mayer also - grab anything you can by him.

Kyle
12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I like the older DMB (Crash, too Much, etc). But if you like DMB then u should like John Mayer also - grab anything you can by him.
GTFO. Let me guess, jack johnson is also cool?

deady
12-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Dave Mathews Band is full of solid ass musicians. Carter Beauford is an amazing drummer, as are all the other band members with their respective instruments.

everyone has pretty much named all the best songs, but dont stick to just the Central Park show, as it is not anywhere near his best show. The new Piedmount Park live from Atlanta blows it out of the water IMO, as does any show with Dave and Tim Reynolds, but dont expect a full band with Tim, its just Dave and Tim jamming to alot of DMB songs.

HalfBaked
12-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't really like DMB at all. However, there are a few songs I can stand to listen to.

Down by the river
his cover of "all along the watchtower" the live at central park version
and "When the world ends."

deady
12-04-2007, 11:53 AM
if you like "when the world ends" checkout the version Live at Luther College with Tim Reynolds. Hands down the best version...

Deke
12-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Dave Mathews Band is full of solid ass musicians. Carter Beauford is an amazing drummer, as are all the other band members with their respective instruments.

x2

Sure, I can name bands that I believe to be more talented, but I would by no means call him overrated.

everyone has pretty much named all the best songs, but dont stick to just the Central Park show, as it is not anywhere near his best show. The new Piedmount Park live from Atlanta blows it out of the water IMO, as does any show with Dave and Tim Reynolds, but dont expect a full band with Tim, its just Dave and Tim jamming to alot of DMB songs.

Yeah I wouldn't just stick to Central Park, but I think it's the best place to start out. Piedmont was a great concert, but i just don't think the setlist was quite as strong. Listener Supported and Red Rocks are my other favorites.

Luther College is pretty great too, just super chill due to the acousticness.

deady
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
i'll agree with that, 90% of the time im pretty chilled out and the acousticness works.

Red Rocks is definitely a favorite of mine, any time a live dave album comes with a dvd in the box set it's probably a good show ( red rocks, peidmont soon to be released ). The Gorge has a really strong set list as well.