PDA

View Full Version : I hate the radio...

DrivenMind
11-28-2007, 11:45 AM
When did radio become about the lame ass personalities on the air? 99x and 96.1 have gone to ****. Ten minutes of terrible, played out music, followed by thirty minutes of faceless assholes, making lame "trying to be offensive, but politically correct" jokes. Who the hell pays these idiots to yap? Who the hell actually listens? It's like listening to some queer, cracker, Carlos Mencia wanna be; you know... the kind that tries to be offensive, and hip, but just comes off sounding like an even bigger limp dangler, with weak ass material.

88.5 is occasionally really damned good, but 75% of the time it's some obscure ****, that's more "different" than it is musical.

Don't even get me started on popular hip hop... I'm still trying to get over how ****ing lyrically retarded the guy who wrote "Crank That" must be. What was that other really ****ty song that everyone loved, with abysmally god awful, and mundane lyrics. "This is why I'm hot, you ain't because you not." **** you. DIAFASAP.

Thank god for Youtube, and iTunes radio; as they're my only saving grace without XM radio.

On that note, any recommendations on modern hip hop, or rap, with lyrics that are actually meaningful. I'm open for suggestion.

/rant

BKgen®
11-28-2007, 04:00 PM
barnes, leslie, & jimmy show on 99x was the sh*t... now it's just leslie and two douchebags. IPOD FTW.

Spectic Tank
11-28-2007, 04:09 PM
barnes, leslie, & jimmy show on 99x was the sh*t... now it's just leslie and two douchebags. IPOD FTW.

Never listened to them, but Toucher was GREAT!

Thighs
11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
yeah the old morning x was awesome, before 99x got bought out. now it sucks.

they play decent music i guess...? better than all the stupid **** that 96.1 plays. i hate bands like hinder, shinedown, breaking benjamin and the likes. thats all 96 seems to play.

BKgen®
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
the regular guys were awesome, too.

EM1toEVO
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
The radio sucks sweaty ass these days.

Worst ever = 95.5 the beat :gay:

The Ninja
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Lol I stopped listening to the radio back when Napster came out.

§treet_§peed
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
ol the old 99x morning crew was the ****.. now its ghye cept for leslie trying to keep it good but o well

OneSlow5pt0
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
deff 99x used to be funny.............now its CDs FTW

§treet_§peed
11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
man i remember when i was 14-16 those were my stoner days me and my friend and his dad would get high and drunk and listen to 99x all night and work on cars lol

Sledlude
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Don't even get me started on popular hip hop... I'm still trying to get over how ****ing lyrically retarded the guy who wrote "Crank That" must be. What was that other really ****ty song that everyone loved, with abysmally god awful, and mundane lyrics. "This is why I'm hot, you ain't because you not." **** you. DIAFASAP.

Thank god for Youtube, and iTunes radio; as they're my only saving grace without XM radio.

On that note, any recommendations on modern hip hop, or rap, with lyrics that are actually meaningful. I'm open for suggestion.

/rant

just to clarify, "crank dat solja boy" or whatever doesn't qualify as hip hop... its like the britney spears of rap music. whatever you wanna call it, i agree it sucks. badly.

you want better hip hop music, try 88.5 on saturday nights or sunday nights from like 10 pm-2 am. its the best representation of hip hop music I've personally heard on atlanta radio.

i stick to my ipod, but when radio is a must, it stays on 90.1 (NPR) or 88.5 if it is one of the times mentioned before.

AnTi-PooN
11-28-2007, 06:38 PM
commentators FTL

jakeisajedi
11-28-2007, 06:44 PM
SInce I have been driving a 87 200sx and it comes equip with a badass am/fm radio, It is either 97.1 the river or absolutely nothing.
97.1 the river ftw or 88.5 on monday for psychobilly freakout!

s13slider®
11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
The radio sucks sweaty ass these days.

Worst ever = 95.5 the repeat :gay:

fixed

§treet_§peed
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
lol hells yeah 955 is ghey.. i remember last summer me an my friend heard that lame ass song tryin to catch me riding durty like 30 times in 10 hours.. **** was ghey.. we were on a road trip and about to beat are ****ing heads in

Z28&ACCORD
11-28-2007, 07:30 PM
All i loke now is Project 96.1 the rest like 99X and 95.5 blow big donkey nuts:bannana:

JConner
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Try wsb radio 750am. Neal Boortz in the morn, Clark Howard in the afternoon then Sean Hannity. Now that is quality radio.

civic95
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Never listened to them, but Toucher was GREAT!

Getting rid of Toucher was their biggest mistake. I guess the market is bigger for people in their late 30's that want another Star 94/Q100 like show. I cannot stand Jenners.

Try wsb radio 750am.

I'm starting to like 640AM better than 750. Check it out if you haven't

Kdanzig
11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
just to clarify, "crank dat solja boy" or whatever doesn't qualify as hip hop... its like the britney spears of rap music. whatever you wanna call it, i agree it sucks. badly.

you want better hip hop music, try 88.5 on saturday nights or sunday nights from like 10 pm-2 am. its the best representation of hip hop music I've personally heard on atlanta radio.

i stick to my ipod, but when radio is a must, it stays on 90.1 (NPR) or 88.5 if it is one of the times mentioned before.

it's funny that you say that because one of my managers is the DJ on 88.5 I think he only does it on saturday nights though.... i've never listened myself

JConner
11-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm starting to like 640AM better than 750. Check it out if you haven't
def will check it out.

I actually was able to talk to Neal Boortz live on the radio yesterday morning! I called and Belinda picked up and after i gave my argument to something Neal said she told me to turn off my radio and not to say good morning because the show plays at night in some other areas.

The reason i called was because he said something about how most rich people drive very nice cars and I had to call and argue because most educated, rich people drive modest cars because they are smart enough to know that cars are bad investments.

civic95
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
def will check it out.

I actually was able to talk to Neal Boortz live on the radio yesterday morning! I called and Belinda picked up and after i gave my argument to something Neal said she told me to turn off my radio and not to say good morning because the show plays at night in some other areas.

The reason i called was because he said something about how most rich people drive very nice cars and I had to call and argue because most educated, rich people drive modest cars because they are smart enough to know that cars are bad investments.

Neal can be funny at times, but he usually pisses me off. He's so extreme about some things, and refuses to hear anyone elses arguement. One ex: When he first got his BMW motorcycle he said anyone riding a harley with loud pipes is an idiot. That there was no research proving loud pipes save lives. No ****! They don't need to research that. My bikes are not loud compared to harleys, but i've rode with the stock exhaust for a couple weeks, and it's big difference. That's the equivalent of saying fire truck/ambulance sirens are not effective.

JConner
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Neal can be funny at times, but he usually pisses me off. He's so extreme about some things, and refuses to hear anyone elses arguement. One ex: When he first got his BMW motorcycle he said anyone riding a harley with loud pipes is an idiot. That there was no research proving loud pipes save lives. No ****! They don't need to research that. My bikes are not loud compared to harleys, but i've rode with the stock exhaust for a couple weeks, and it's big difference. That's the equivalent of saying fire truck/ambulance sirens are not effective.

yea he is closed minded on some things.

But to argue with your statement about sirens .....THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE! There are car accidents everyday involving rescue vehicles and regular drivers because the person could not hear the siren thanks to cell phones, loud radio's, etc etc.

Clark howard brought this up recently on one of his shows, in Washington state and a few others they are testing "The Rumbler" which is a device that is equiped on emergency vehicles that will emit a low frequency sound wave that actually makes your car rumble when an emergency vehicle is nearby.

civic95
11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
yea he is closed minded on some things.

But to argue with your statement about sirens .....THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE! There are car accidents everyday involving rescue vehicles and regular drivers because the person could not hear the siren thanks to cell phones, loud radio's, etc etc.

Clark howard brought this up recently on one of his shows, in Washington state and a few others they are testing "The Rumbler" which is a device that is equiped on emergency vehicles that will emit a low frequency sound wave that actually makes your car rumble when an emergency vehicle is nearby.

You mean they are not 100% effective. I understand your point, but without sirens it would be even worse.

thinkfast®
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/brothereel/1176947661386.jpg