PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Hatch Turbo n tune. Help!

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
k, im thinking of buying a 94 gsr swapped eg and with the deal the guy said he would give me a turbo and intercooler. no piping. where could i get piping.. and what else would i need.. and if i got all of the peices would it be possible that i put them on myself and have a shop tune them.. and what shop can do it if possible.. thanks guys..!! reps!:goodjob:

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
also, how much boost should i run on stock internals

Tracy
11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
You can e-mail [email protected] and he will be able to help you out. You can also cal him at the shop 770-319-9605

We could fab up the piping for you. The immediate things you will also need are couplers and clamps. If you had bought a kit with the intercooler it would have been more likely that you could put the piping on yourself. At this point there is fab work involved.

www.batlground.com

TS240
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Off the top of my head, you'll also need a turbo manifold, oil lines, a blowoff valve, a downpipe, and injectors. Mike should be able to hook you up with these too... right Tracy?

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
what kind of prices would this run me.. im kind of on a budget

TS240
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
what kind of prices would this run me.. im kind of on a budget

-Manifold: depends on the turbo and the quality you want?
-Downpipe: $100-150
-Blowoff Valve: $100-200
-Oil Lines: Not sure I guess $70-130
-Injectors: depends on what size, but probably atleast a couple hundred bucks

Mike can probably get you a quote on all of this.

patrick4588
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM
manifold can be from 150-1500; seriously. i have a spoolin log manifold im tryin to sell and i got a downpipe with it as well. pm me if you want more details.

chsdog55
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
On stock internals dont push it any farther than 12...really 10 would give u some room to play with if it spikes. Do you know what size turbo it is? As for piping ebay piping is good if ur gonna stay with moderate boost levels and its cheap under 100 bucks and it actually fits quiet well just a lil cutting here and there and it works great. TunerToys makes really good oil line kits. As for a manifold i like peakboost FTW's. It would give u room to make good power if u decide to build the motor down the road. Precision makes great injectors and u can pick up any size u want for around 275. Tial Wastegates are pricey but worth the extra money but if ur really on a budget see if u can find one in the classifieds section should be able to get one under 200. I know ur on a budget but dont do what i did and do it with as cheap as u can and then have to turn around and do everything all over again because u want more power 6 months down the road if u have patience and build it with good quality parts the first time then later down the road u can just build the motor and turn up the boost. Much cheaper in the long run.

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
^^^ thanks everyone, very useful info..

pm'd u patrick4588

chsdog55
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
If u still have the tranny i might be willing to work out some trading for parts and hookin up ur turbo for u for the tranny.. Let me know

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
pm'd chsdog55

Tracy
11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Off the top of my head, you'll also need a turbo manifold, oil lines, a blowoff valve, a downpipe, and injectors. Mike should be able to hook you up with these too... right Tracy?

We can get just about any part anyone will ever need.

Just my .02: It's not that good of an idea to boost on a "budget". I mean everyone has "A budget" but if you are going to skimp because you have NO money...then it's not the right time to boost. :)

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 01:33 PM
We can get just about any part anyone will ever need.

Just my .02: It's not that good of an idea to boost on a "budget". I mean everyone has "A budget" but if you are going to skimp because you have NO money...then it's not the right time to boost. :)

well im not lookin for big numbers or anything and im really only looking to boost 6-8psi jus to have a fun, somewhat fast car. ill have about 1,500 to spend on the car.. and i was lookin more towards turbo..

p.s i lovee the blow off sound ^_^

Tracy
11-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Little fun or big fun, my previous statement still stands :)

Just keep in mind that when you boost, most of the time you have to upgrade other things and it requires a little more maintenance. You don't just slap a turbo on and...viola, you have a faster car. So, just like you are doing, keep doing your research. E-bay and no name parts are not your friend for important parts, IMO. Intercooler piping is ok, but when you start talking about mechanical things, I would advise against it.

Tuning is also something that has a certain amount of "maintenance". Most have to tune seasonally or when there is a drastic change in the air quality (weather). You will also need a re-tune if you add a significant part.

Vteckidd
11-28-2007, 02:08 PM
You would need:

TIal 38mm Wastegate $220
RC INjectors $400
T3 Log manifold $250-300
DOwnpipe
Crome PRO ECU-$180
OIl lines-$125
FMIC and clamps/couplers-$350

Dyno time ($140/hr)

Depends how your budget is, if its $1000 its going to be hard to do.

Tracy
11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
You would need:

TIal 38mm Wastegate $220
RC INjectors $400
T3 Log manifold $250-300
DOwnpipe
Crome PRO ECU-$180
OIl lines-$125
FMIC and clamps/couplers-$350

Dyno time ($140/hr)

Depends how your budget is, if its $1000 its going to be hard to do.

he said $1500

Vteckidd
11-28-2007, 03:04 PM
from a shop standpoint, pretty much not going to happen.

Even EBAY kits are $1000 and your going to be hard pressed to get someone to install it for $500, an that still leaves fuel pump, ecu and tuning.

your best bet is to save some more money.

Even if you do all the work yourself, figure $2500 for a NICE QUALITY KIT

patrick4588
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
im selling some ic piping as well. that fits gsr's with the stock IM. fyi. so you could get a good bit of your stuff from me.

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
the car has to be dyno'd to get tuned correct?:thinking:

Tracy
11-28-2007, 03:16 PM
the car has to be dyno'd to get tuned correct?:thinking:Not necessarily, but it's the best thing to do. You can get an A/F gauge and do it yourself....but I would not recommend it....AT ALL.

nash8
11-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I think you can get a decent turbo kit built for a little around 2000 dollars, if you already have a decent turbo and front mount I/C. I would definantly find out what kind of turbo it is though first. If he's giving you some ebay turbo, then you probably don't want to use it. If it's a decent turbo I think you can get a full install and tune for right around 2000 dollars. 1500 might be pushing it and make you skimp on some parts you really shouldn't.

Mr. Kidd gave you a pretty good outline for what you should be looking to pay, but you can get some of the parts he listed for a little bit cheaper while not sacrificing quality.
rc injectors can be had for around 300$
walbro 255 - 100$
If you already have an intercooler you can get some pretty decent piping kits on ebay for 100$.

I think you should be able to get all the parts for around 1500, then you have to get install and tune. I would suggest getting it installed and tuned at the same place, because if you install it yourself then you have to drive it untuned to a shop which you risk major damage, much easier just to have them do everything.

Vteckidd
11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I think you can get a decent turbo kit built for a little around 2000 dollars, if you already have a decent turbo and front mount I/C. I would definantly find out what kind of turbo it is though first. If he's giving you some ebay turbo, then you probably don't want to use it. If it's a decent turbo I think you can get a full install and tune for right around 2000 dollars. 1500 might be pushing it and make you skimp on some parts you really shouldn't.

Mr. Kidd gave you a pretty good outline for what you should be looking to pay, but you can get some of the parts he listed for a little bit cheaper while not sacrificing quality.
rc injectors can be had for around 300$
walbro 255 - 100$
If you already have an intercooler you can get some pretty decent piping kits on ebay for 100$.

I think you should be able to get all the parts for around 1500, then you have to get install and tune. I would suggest getting it installed and tuned at the same place, because if you install it yourself then you have to drive it untuned to a shop which you risk major damage, much easier just to have them do everything.

The RC INjectors you speak of for $300 require a $20 resistor box and wiring to make them work

or you buy $400 saturated an the are plug an play.

The EBAY piping kits are universal and require cutting an welding to fit, which is obviously more $$$

nash8
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM
No, actually the ones I was looking at are the saturated high resistance model, and their actually a little bit over 300, but still less than 400.

Yeah the ebay piping does require some cutting and welding, but not 250 dollars worth. He already said he had a front mount I/C as well. I can't vouch for the quality of it, but if it's decent why not use it?

My biggest problem would be with the turbo, you can probably get away with using a less than par I/C, but I would definantly have the turbo checked out by someone who knows about turbos. The last thing you need is the turbo blowing up and sending little fragments into your engine.

j0nbunklah0m
11-28-2007, 10:50 PM
^^ very true. any references on who could check out the turbo? would be much help :D

Vteckidd
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM
No, actually the ones I was looking at are the saturated high resistance model, and their actually a little bit over 300, but still less than 400.

Yeah the ebay piping does require some cutting and welding, but not 250 dollars worth. He already said he had a front mount I/C as well. I can't vouch for the quality of it, but if it's decent why not use it?

My biggest problem would be with the turbo, you can probably get away with using a less than par I/C, but I would definantly have the turbo checked out by someone who knows about turbos. The last thing you need is the turbo blowing up and sending little fragments into your engine.

Go to FROOGLE and type in RC Saturated Injectors, the average price is $385. RC retail is $100 per injector, MAP is $90 per injector

$90x4= $360+shipping

Depends what intercooler kit he gets. MOST universal ones will be $300 by the time its all said an done. If you have the belt sander, cutting blades, and tig welder to do it yourself youll save some money

patrick4588
11-28-2007, 11:55 PM
batlground, i sent dan an email, i need some info on ic piping. hit me up on aim. same sn

japan4racing
11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
i tell most ppl that if you dont have about $3500-4000 dopnt bother boosting unless you dont mind have a ball of crap for a car. do it right one time....dont be cheap. when you go turbo you are in big boy toy land....its a far cry from dc headers and aem intakes

nash8
11-29-2007, 12:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RC-FUEL-INJECTORS-CIVIC-INTEGRA-PRELUDE-440CC-440-CC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33554QQihZ004QQitemZ 140183686973QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

He said he already had an I/C, so you can take that out of the cost of the full intercooler kit.

Normally I would agree with you that you need atleast 3 grand to get good a good quality turbo car, however the OP already has a turbo and an I/c which are to major parts of a turbo kit, as well as 2 of the more expensive pieces as well. That is of course assuming they are quality pieces, which is a big if. Also i'm sure he can find lots of parts that he needs around the forums for good prices.

The OP was also not looking at pushin more than 5-6lbs of boost, which i'm sure will change after a little bit. But other than fuel and timing management he should be good to go reliably for between 2-2500 if the parts he already has are quality.

Tracy
11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
batlground, i sent dan an email, i need some info on ic piping. hit me up on aim. same snDon't ever send Dan an e-mail if you expect a timely response. He gets like 500 a day. E-mail [email protected] or call 770-319-9605

Vteckidd
11-29-2007, 09:51 AM
batlground, i sent dan an email, i need some info on ic piping. hit me up on aim. same sn
I emailed you back and asked what kind of car you had. the email didnt list a make or model

bernard
11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Do a lil research bro. You can find rc injectors used for like 150 to300 bucks. As well as other parts too if your on a budget build. Depending on how much you wanna boost, your stock will be ok too. Go to honda tech bro. Alot of info on there. Browse around a little bit.

Ronsam2006
12-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Uh oh...looks like someone is finally stepping into turbo land...or atleast dipping his tiniest toe into it. Man ur gonna need atleast 2500 to be on the safe side like everyone said. I mean cars that already have turbos have problems. SO you can get it done with your budget, but that is also your DD right??, so i would save some and atleast get a close to reliable boosted honda. :2cents:

p.s. youre still gonna get :idb: by me

j0nbunklah0m
12-01-2007, 02:37 PM
^^ ahhaha shutup rohan.. we'll see once i roast ur ass!