PDA

View Full Version : dude wastes 2 ****ing thieves in texas.

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou071126_tnt_burglarshooting.41772f2e.html

bigdare23
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
kinda a repost homie

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149606

Schugg
11-27-2007, 10:24 PM
how is there kinda a repost? its either a repost or not a repost.....either way thats how do it in texas! haha i would have shot the faqqots too, or planned to anyway.

bigdare23
11-27-2007, 10:26 PM
how is there kinda a repost? its either a repost or not a repost.....either way thats how do it in texas! haha i would have shot the faqqots too, or planned to anyway.

I was trying to nice about it beside just coming out and posting ****ING REPOST

:goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
the op was in the wrong section so ****em

TIGERJC
11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
the op was in the wrong section so ****em
Fuck your repost

BKgen®
11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
heard it on 99x last week. the actual 911 recording is f*cking hilarious. Apparently there's actually a law though in Texas that states you can protect yours or your neighbor's property with lethal force if necessary and if the neighbor gives you permission.

Leadfoot_mf
11-27-2007, 11:31 PM
heard it on 99x last week. the actual 911 recording is f*cking hilarious. Apparently there's actually a law though in Texas that states you can protect yours or your neighbor's property with lethal force if necessary and if the neighbor gives you permission.
http://www.filecabi.net/video/neighbour-shotgun.html

TIGERJC
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I believe the guy was in the right, but it could have been handle a lot better. He first should have stopped the guys before they enter the house, which to me constitutes protecting your neighbors. But instead he comes out after the deed is done and shoots the thieves. He is a very lucky guy, b/c he put himself in harms way when their was no reason for it. He did the right thing by quickly calling the cops and the cops responded in a very fast matter. He should have just stayed on the phone and let the cops do their job, b/c he could have been shot by either the thieves or the cops (u never know)

It sounded like he was trigger happy and wanted to play the hero role. In conclusion, If you steal you better be prepared to die

ahmonrah
11-28-2007, 12:54 AM
they broke in got killed........oh well.

japan4racing
11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
heard this on the bubba the love sponge show the day after it happened....greatest story on earth..the 911 audio is the greatest

RedEj8
11-28-2007, 02:17 AM
haha..2 less theives in the US

RandomGuy
11-28-2007, 02:25 AM
http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mode=cow&url=http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149714

heres what I think

Mach1DrmGrl
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Dude, I F'ing live in the city in happened in...well, atleast till Dec 22.

But anyways, it was some country a$$ redneck mutha ****a...and regardless if the two guys were breaking and entering and stealing some ****, they didn't deserve to die over it

Just F'ing INSANE!!!

ahmonrah
11-28-2007, 05:08 PM

But anyways, it was some country a$$ redneck mutha ****a...and regardless if the two guys were breaking and entering and stealing some ****, they didn't deserve to die over it

Just F'ing INSANE!!!yeah, your right...they didint deserve what they got.......but tell me that when(and i'm not hoping this happens to you)

A: someone breaks into your house, damaging a window or door and steals **** you've saved money to buy, destroying you sense of security/sanctuary

B: someone sticks a gun in your face, takin **** outta your pockets for themselves...

Schugg
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM

Just F'ing INSANE!!!

maybe didn't deserve to die, but did deserve to get their punk asses shot, its there fault they died. if they weren't stealing they wouldn't have got shot leading to them being dead

ahmonrah
11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
+1!!!!

civic95
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Just F'ing INSANE!!!

They were willing to accept that risk. Anytime you break into someones house you risk someone armed being inside. They should of thought of that BEFORE they broke in. I hope this guy doesn't get charged with anything.

The cops were about 1 minute too late. They would of went straight to the callers house to ask questions. The robbers would of been just far enough to see the cops arrive, and keep running.

Ruiner
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

Georgia has that law as well. If you believe that it is to stop and/or protect against a forcible felony and you have the legal duty to protect (TX is the exact same way as well), you can defend property:

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-24
Use of force in defense of property other than a habitation

(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property:

(1) Lawfully in his possession;

(2) Lawfully in the possession of a member of his immediate family; or

(3) Belonging to a person whose property he has a legal duty to protect.

(b) The use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to prevent trespass on or other tortious or criminal interference with real property other than a habitation or personal property is not justified unless the person using such force reasonably believes that it is necessary to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Ruiner
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Just F'ing INSANE!!!

I disagree.

Here is a real situation:

Back when I had my 911 turbo, I had a guy at a gas station at 12:30am at night open up my passenger door and get INTO my vehicle (while I was in the driver's seat). I put a gun to his head and had he made any sudden moves, I would have shot.

Now, given the circumstances that I could have shot the suspect, would you say that he deserved to die or not? I would say that he deserved to die given the situation that he put both himself and myself in. If his death guarantees my life and safety given his crime, he deserved to die.

The same goes for this story. What you probably are not understanding is that when he confronted them, they came INTO HIS YARD as they were leaving and/or confronting him as well. It wasn't like he ran after them and shot them in the back. They came into HIS YARD and he had to defend himself. There is no telling what they might have done to him had he not shot them.

Schugg
11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I disagree.

Here is a real situation:

Back when I had my 911 turbo, I had a guy at a gas station at 12:30am at night open up my passenger door and get INTO my vehicle (while I was in the driver's seat). I put a gun to his head and had he made any sudden moves, I would have shot.

Now, given the circumstances that I could have shot the suspect, would you say that he deserved to die or not? I would say that he deserved to die given the situation that he put both himself and myself in. If his death guarantees my life and safety given his crime, he deserved to die.

The same goes for this story. What you probably are not understanding is that when he confronted them, they came INTO HIS YARD as they were leaving and/or confronting him as well. It wasn't like he ran after them and shot them in the back. They came into HIS YARD and he had to defend himself. There is no telling what they might have done to him had he not shot them.

cause chances are his house was either next to get jack, or when they seen him they would have had to do something. like the news said old people are getting beat to death all the time now. ide shoot them now being young, so ide definetly shoot them when im old and helpless. probably have more fun with it, shoot them in the legs or something and go beat them with my cane or something.

civic95
11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
He said he was going to kill them before he even went outside. He knew what he was going to do. I don't think he was really afraid of his life (atleast not that day). Or he would of stayed inside, and only shot if they came into his house. I still don't think he should be charged. They got what they deserved. If we could all get away with this A REAL JOB would start looking like a better idea to these assholes. He's lucky he is in Texas. If he is charged, a grand jury will not convict him. I will bet anyone $100 right now on that.

ShooterMcGavin
11-29-2007, 12:15 PM
yeah i heard, i can't wait til i get a similar opportunity :lmao:

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
^ that's pretty dumb. I would never want to kill someone unless they do harm to me or my family. I couldn't live with the fact that I killed someone over them robbing my neighbor's house. I would simply call the cops and let them know what is going on. Even if they came on my property, I would still handle it calmy. Once they tried to break-in to my house, I would use force. Anything outside the house that they're trying to break in to, I would simlply call the cops. They're there to protect and serve, right? But then again, maybe that's just me. I know some of you wouldn't do it my way.

Ruiner
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
^ that's pretty dumb. I would never want to kill someone unless they do harm to me or my family. I couldn't live with the fact that I killed someone over them robbing my neighbor's house. I would simply call the cops and let them know what is going on. Even if they came on my property, I would still handle it calmy. Once they tried to break-in to my house, I would use force. Anything outside the house that they're trying to break in to, I would simlply call the cops. They're there to protect and serve, right? But then again, maybe that's just me. I know some of you wouldn't do it my way.

Yes, they are, but not always in the timely fashion that you may want. That may or may not be in their control, but cops can't be everywhere at once. Sometimes you have to "protect" your own stuff w/o the benefit of the cops being there.

civic95
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I couldn't live with the fact that I killed someone over them robbing my neighbor's house.

Killing someone just because you don't like them is 1 thing. Killing a worthless theif that does not value his own life is another. I would not lose any sleep over killing a theif.

bu villain
11-29-2007, 03:07 PM
So if someone tries to steal your iPod or backpack or something they deserve to die? That's the conclusion I reach using the logic I am hearing from some people here. I am all for protecting yourself if you feel your life is being threatened but damn, some of you all are some cold blooded motha ****as. If thiefs deserve the death sentence, what should we do with murderers and rapists?

Doppelgänger
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Go figure it would be 2 beaners. Meh, obviously they were not contributing to society in any kinda way, just leeching off other peoples hard earned sh!t. 2 less sh!t head on the street if you ask me. I wish this would happen to more thieves.

Nomad!
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
The 9-1-1 call didn't really support this guys story in my opinion. It sounds like he went outside of his home with the premeditated notion of killing these guys. He even said he was going to kill them. I'd like to know if they really came into his yard or if he shot them as they were trying to flee. Most people don't stick around after a shotgun has been fired. This guy fired at least 3 shots so, I'm pretty interested to see if the investigation will be made public. I don't have sympathy for thieves but, having homicidal vigilantes running wild isn't a very good trade off.

ahmonrah
11-29-2007, 05:24 PM
So if someone tries to steal your iPod or backpack or something they deserve to die? That's the conclusion I reach using the logic I am hearing from some people here. I am all for protecting yourself if you feel your life is being threatened but damn, some of you all are some cold blooded motha ****as. If thiefs deserve the death sentence, what should we do with murderers and rapists?they get drawn and quartered....

Originally Posted by AirBrcak

Yes, they are, but not always in the timely fashion that you may want. That may or may not be in their control, but cops can't be everywhere at once. Sometimes you have to "protect" your own stuff w/o the benefit of the cops being there.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

civic95
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
So if someone tries to steal your iPod or backpack or something they deserve to die? That's the conclusion I reach using the logic I am hearing from some people here.

That's the way I feel yes.

Kdanzig
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
yeah i heard, i can't wait til i get a similar opportunity :lmao:

You gonna shoot them with you're new rifle????

ahmonrah
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
i would say, until he's in a similar situation, he can't say what he'll do. hell, when i got robbed once, i was sarcastic as hell with the guy, and oddly not even scared, just annoyed that:
1: i used a payphone i knew i shouldn't've been on, due to the crime rate in the area at the time.

2: i was not looking out around me, just looking down at the phone booth itself, getting ready to finish the call.

what you do is what you do when the issue happens. nothing more, nothing less.

SL65AMG
11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
So if someone tries to steal your iPod or backpack or something they deserve to die? That's the conclusion I reach using the logic I am hearing from some people here. I am all for protecting yourself if you feel your life is being threatened but damn, some of you all are some cold blooded motha ****as. If thiefs deserve the death sentence, what should we do with murderers and rapists?

theres a difference between someone taking something out of your backpack out in public, and when someone is breaking into your home where you and your family and your children, if you have them, are supposed to be safe.

if you think that these two situations are even remotely comparable you should be knocked the fuc.k out.

if someone comes into my home and they are not invited or i dont know them, they will be shot..... whether they even have the chance to take anything or not. they will die. shoot first ask questions later. If someone enters someone else's home they have mentally already made the decision that attempting to steal whatever it is that they find, is more valuable than their own life.

you come into my home uninvited you go out in a body bag.

end of story

DrivenMind
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Dude, said he was going to kill them, then proceeded to confront them, and do so.

That shows his decisions were premeditated, and not out of self defense.

"Property's not worth killing someone over."

He went outside lethally armed, and engaged, and killed the suspects, before they had done anything to show they were going to actively engage him, or burglarize his property.

Greddypacked
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
He was wrong to shoot the robbers w/ a shotgun. A shotgun is not the best weapon to hold in your house for defensive reasons. If he had a regular handgun and shot them in the legs it would have been alright case. The robbers got wounded in the legs and arrested. He purposley shot them w/ a shotgun (shotgun is pretty much death when close range). He should not be allowed to carry a shotgun anymore and serve a lil time. I mean come on, if i witnessed that w/ a shotgun i would probably shoot up straight in the air and say freeze. Dont move or i will shoot. If they see a shotgun they will stop. This is why we have police, some civilians get scared and panick during these circumstances and do something they shouldnt. I understand if it was his house and they had a gun on them, but they had crowbars.

Ruiner
11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
He was wrong to shoot the robbers w/ a shotgun. A shotgun is not the best weapon to hold in your house for defensive reasons. If he had a regular handgun and shot them in the legs it would have been alright case. The robbers got wounded in the legs and arrested. He purposley shot them w/ a shotgun (shotgun is pretty much death when close range). He should not be allowed to carry a shotgun anymore and serve a lil time. I mean come on, if i witnessed that w/ a shotgun i would probably shoot up straight in the air and say freeze. Dont move or i will shoot. If they see a shotgun they will stop. This is why we have police, some civilians get scared and panick during these circumstances and do something they shouldnt. I understand if it was his house and they had a gun on them, but they had crowbars.

In the legs? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Oh ****, hang on....AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Answer me this: do you watch a lot of movies?

Ahahahah, shoot them in the legs...hahahahahhahahahaha. ****, I can't stop laughing!!!! Ahahahahahhahahahah:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lm fao:

Greddypacked
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
1. your comment has no point. 2. if you cant shoot someone in the leg w/ a gun for defense you need alot more training and target practice. 3. Glad you got a laugh at it because you made no sense.

Leadfoot_mf
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
you are retarded just shut the **** up.

SL65AMG
11-30-2007, 12:24 AM
you are retarded just shut the **** up.

i was kinda thinkin the same idea.....

i dont see a problem with killing someone who was obviously committing a serious crime. regardless whether its his property or not. would I shoot someone in a parking lot who was trying to seal someones car, if the vehicle was occupied, yes. what ever happened to being able to help protect your community and help other people and possibly save their lives?

Greddypacked
11-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Killing people over property isnt the legitimate way to solve things unless its to save another life or protect someone. If you are smart w/ the law and even have some what of a conscious you wouldnt kill over something like that. Sorry if there are some coldblooded people out there but God knows what to do regardless of what the law does. So maybe if you have a lil conscious and you kill afterwards you might think alot differently in life and what you should have done. The guy says he is sorry he did it and feels guilty about it probably the rest of his life. Talking smack over the net is easy, but think to yourself if you were in the real situation would you do it and feel some kind of a burden on yourself about the live's you just stole from someone. Stealing a possession is one thing, but taking a live is alot worse.

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Killing people over property isnt the legitimate way to solve things unless its to save another life or protect someone. If you are smart w/ the law and even have some what of a conscious you wouldnt kill over something like that. Sorry if there are some coldblooded people out there but God knows what to do regardless of what the law does. So maybe if you have a lil conscious and you kill afterwards you might think alot differently in life and what you should have done. The guy says he is sorry he did it and feels guilty about it probably the rest of his life. Talking smack over the net is easy, but think to yourself if you were in the real situation would you do it and feel some kind of a burden on yourself about the live's you just stole from someone. Stealing a possession is one thing, but taking a live is alot worse.
jesus christ you sound like a ***** "god knows" haha what a fag :gay: . the world is a better place without the two ****ing thieves who gives a **** about their life lost how would they benefit the community? you think they are out stealing for charity wtf just cause you are a ***** and woundnt kill them dose not mean all the rest of us have to tuck our ****s and act like bitches just keep your pusssyass ideas for your boyfriend and stay the **** out of my thread. also thanks for the PM douchebag it touched my heart. :gay:

DrivenMind
11-30-2007, 08:04 AM

No way dude, a shot gun is practically the American staple mark of the "right to bear arms" and home protection. For that very reason. It's good at short ranges, because it's designed that way. That's why people typically use buck shot, so your bullets don't go flying through your neighbors wall, and kill his sleeping daughter while shes in her crib.

Doppelgänger
11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't get why some people don't get that thieves are just scum and have absolutely NO useful input to society at all. Big flucking whoop, thief gets caught and gets taken out. I'll also bet thats what these guys did on a regular bases [robbing people of hard earned possessions], who knows how many people walked out side in previous months and found their stuff stolen from those thugs. Would i kill someone for breaking into my car or my neighbors car? Probably not, but totally flucking up their world should be in order. But i have no sympathy for them getting killed.

Doppelgänger
11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes, they are, but not always in the timely fashion that you may want. That may or may not be in their control, but cops can't be everywhere at once. Sometimes you have to "protect" your own stuff w/o the benefit of the cops being there.Exactly,
Just before Thanksgiving, Jenn and I were at O'Charley
s and we overheard a conversation going on at the bar. Apparently this guy came in and sat down at the bar and was already very drunk, but he ordered some food. After he ate, he tried to get more alcohol, but the bartender would not serve him. Guy gets up and walks out. Well, they get the manager and what not to go get him to come back in to pay. By this time they had already called Gwinnett co. police. We were there for about another 15min and the cops still had not come and the guy was leaving the parking lot. Still no cops. After we were done eating, we saw the guy in a parking lot across the street so we called the cops and told them where he was. More then 20 minutes went by before the cops finally showed up. Man got arrested for public drunkenness...very luck not to get a DUI (which he should have).

Lesson? took the cops ~45min to respond to a person who was getting into a car very drunk and driving away.

Ran
11-30-2007, 08:22 AM
If he had a regular handgun and shot them in the legs it would have been alright case. The robbers got wounded in the legs and arrested.Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins was shot in the leg and he died from it. Popped some kind of artery. So your hopefully scenario might not have panned out how you'd like. Save the "better chance" rebutle.

DrivenMind
11-30-2007, 08:28 AM
jesus christ you sound like a ***** "god knows" haha what a fag :gay: . the world is a better place without the two ****ing thieves who gives a **** about their life lost how would they benefit the community? you think they are out stealing for charity wtf just cause you are a ***** and woundnt kill them dose not mean all the rest of us have to tuck our ****s and act like bitches just keep your pusssyass ideas for your boyfriend and stay the **** out of my thread. also thanks for the PM douchebag it touched my heart. :gay:

I'm of the firm belief that god has absolutely nothing to do with it. Tim surely you aren't of the belief that all thieves should be shot and killed. You're more intelligent than that. I'm not saying I'm gonna shed a tear over two assholes getting shot and killed for breaking into someones house; but there are actually people in this world that learn from their mistakes. Granted, when you rob a house, getting shot is one of the risks of the job; and most of the people that go to prison come out better prepared for life as a criminal than they were before they went in.

I believe in the individuals, ability to change his or her life style; should he approach it seriously, and desire it sincerely. The problem is, once these people get locked up, many of them aren't rehabilitated at all. They're watered, fed, and walked like hostile, upright walking, pets; but there's little to no effort made to change the thought processes, or behavioral patterns that lead to the criminal behavior in the first place.

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm of the firm belief that god has absolutely nothing to do with it. Tim surely you aren't of the belief that all thieves should be shot and killed. You're more intelligent than that. I'm not saying I'm gonna shed a tear over two assholes getting shot and killed for breaking into someones house; but there are actually people in this world that learn from their mistakes. Granted, when you rob a house, getting shot is one of the risks of the job; and most of the people that go to prison come out better prepared for life as a criminal than they were before they went in.

I believe in the individuals, ability to change his or her life style; should he approach it seriously, and desire it sincerely. The problem is, once these people get locked up, many of them aren't rehabilitated at all. They're watered, fed, and walked like hostile, upright walking, pets; but there's little to no effort made to change the thought processes, or behavioral patterns that lead to the criminal behavior in the first place.
what we need is punishment that fits and actually make it not worth committing the crime in the first place. but until that happens if more people shoot and killed thieves maybe they would start to look for another way to make money... like selling drugs, pimping and prostitution. :goodjob:

Ran
11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
what we need is punishment that fits and actually make it not worth committing the crime in the first place. but until that happens if more people shoot and killed thieves maybe they would start to look for another way to make money... like selling drugs. :goodjob:New law that permits the use of lethal force to prevent the use, distribution, or exchange of illegal drugs? Hellz yeah!

rndockery98
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
look people.....if this guy was so in fear of his life, he would have stayed his ass inside the house-period, end of story. did you hear the first 911 call? he was itchin to get out there and shoot somebody. i don't necessarily think that those two robbers needed to be alive, but it was in no way Joe Horn's responsibilty to kill them, or even a decision he had to make. The cops were on their way, he could've done his civic duty by just staying on the phone with the 911 operater and giving the police all the details so they could catch them. He is soooooo lucky that they only had crowbars because he could've easily been shot if they had guns. Last time I checked it's hard to kill two people with one shot. He would've been shot long before he got off his second shot. Too many people in America want to shoot first. I do agree with the right to bear arms and the right to protect myself, but this guy wasn't protecting himself. He put himself in harms way by going outside. He was specifically told by the 911 operator to stay in the house. No possesion is worth dying over.

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
look people.....if this guy was so in fear of his life, he would have stayed his ass inside the house-period, end of story. did you hear the first 911 call? he was itchin to get out there and shoot somebody. i don't necessarily think that those two robbers needed to be alive, but it was in no way Joe Horn's responsibilty to kill them, or even a decision he had to make. The cops were on their way, he could've done his civic duty by just staying on the phone with the 911 operater and giving the police all the details so they could catch them. He is soooooo lucky that they only had crowbars because he could've easily been shot if they had guns. Last time I checked it's hard to kill two people with one shot. He would've been shot long before he got off his second shot. Too many people in America want to shoot first. I do agree with the right to bear arms and the right to protect myself, but this guy wasn't protecting himself. He put himself in harms way by going outside. He was specifically told by the 911 operator to stay in the house. No possesion is worth dying over.
see that is what the problem is. if more people would take this kind of action maybe more thieves would look for a new line of work.

Kevykev
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Justifiable cause right?

p.s

This thread makes me think of GTA 1 for ps1

"WASTED"

rndockery98
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
see that is what the problem is. if more people would take this kind of action maybe more thieves would look for a new line of work.

but more thieves would start carrying guns also, so the result would probably be more innocent people dying than thieves.

DrivenMind
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't know man, if you give people that liberty, they'll take way to much advantage of it. Next thing you know kids will be getting shot by their neighbors trying to sneak into their own houses at night, or even better when Johnny goes to visit his girlfriend while her dads out of town, and her car's parked in the closed garage, and the neighbor blows his head off upon exiting the building.

It's a little extreme, but I wouldn't put it past some American to be in such a hurry to get his gun off, that they'd fail to realize who they're shooting at.

Leadfoot_mf
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't know man, if you give people that liberty, they'll take way to much advantage of it. Next thing you know kids will be getting shot by their neighbors trying to sneak into their own houses at night, or even better when Johnny goes to visit his girlfriend while her dads out of town, and her car's parked in the closed garage, and the neighbor blows his head off upon exiting the building.

It's a little extreme, but I wouldn't put it past some American to be in such a hurry to get his gun off, that they'd fail to realize who they're shooting at.
well then they get to go to jail if they are in the wrong. bottom line dont do ****ed up **** dont get shot.

civic95
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM

F@$% that! As I stated earlier they did not care about their own lives or they wouldn't break into a house that could possibly have an armed person inside (or in this case an armed neighbor next door). What do you think would of happened if they got halfway thru the house, and found the homeowner was at home unarmed? I'm not just talking big on the net. I hate theives. If someone breaks in my house, and I'm home they are getting a few shells of turkey shot. I will shoot to kill. I don't want them coming back after they heal to get me back. If it's my neighbors house, I will call the cops (but that's only for legal reasons). If someone robs me while I'm walking down the street, I will let them have what they want, but if I'm carrying that day they are getting it as soon as they turn around. I work too hard for all my stuff, and someone thinking they are just going to come take it from me doesn't work for me.

Greddypacked
11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
All im saying is if they are not armed, no reason to blow their heads off w/ a shotgun. Detain them w/ a firearm until proper authorities come. This way not only will you be more of a hero to the community and the law you didnt kill anyone in the process. If they have no firearms i see no action to shoot to kill. Now if they did i wouldnt hesistate, but they had crowbars please. Shotgun>3 crowbars.

bu villain
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
theres a difference between someone taking something out of your backpack out in public, and when someone is breaking into your home where you and your family and your children, if you have them, are supposed to be safe.

if you think that these two situations are even remotely comparable you should be knocked the fuc.k out.

That was not the situation here though was it? It was not his house, he was in absolutely no danger if he just stayed inside and called the cops. if you think that these two situations are even remotely comparable ...

If someone breaks into your house, you feel your life is threatened and you kill them, I have no problem with that. But killing someone solely for stealing (thats like 1000 eyes for an eye) is just gonna land you in prison for 25 to life. But hey, one less thief right? Go for it!

xlilvi3tx
11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
in my opinion is that if someone that i did not know came into my house uninvited with an intent to steal, they will be shot. but if it was somewhere else where they run off with my wallet, i will beat the sh!t outta them and hold them til the cops come.

in this situation where that man shot the two thieves, i think they didnt deserve to die or shot dead with a shotgun. he should have just held them off til the cops came or since it was his neighbors house, he should have stayed the fu*k inside and called the cops and actually help them instead of going outside blowin these two thieves away. he wanted to go outside and shoot them anyways. he was itchin for a shot on the phone. but nonetheless, at least two thieves less to worry about that died by some crazy ass......

Ruiner
12-01-2007, 09:08 AM
1. your comment has no point. 2. if you cant shoot someone in the leg w/ a gun for defense you need alot more training and target practice. 3. Glad you got a laugh at it because you made no sense.

Wait, you are joking, right? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Have you ever shot a pistol? Better yet, have you ever shot a gun and tried to hit a moving LEG at say, 10 yds? :lmfao:
Any SANE Person knows that you go for CENTER mass; the chest.

Let me ask you this: do police shoot in the legs? Nope. They aim for center mass.

What if you shoot them in the "leg" and they still continue to come at you? Better yet, what if you shoot them in the leg and they shoot you back?

Just because you shoot someone in the arm/leg doesn't mean that they will stop!!! Adrenaline is an amazing thing and it worries me that you believe in shooting in the arms/legs! Ahahahhaha.

Better yet, what if you shoot him in the leg and it hits his femoral artery? Yeah, he's a goner at that point.

You watch too many movies, son.

Ruiner
12-01-2007, 09:13 AM
but more thieves would start carrying guns also, so the result would probably be more innocent people dying than thieves.

Most/may thieves do carry guns, though. You just never know who is armed and who isn't. That is why you need to take control of the situation. When they approached him in HIS yard, he didn't know if they had guns or not nor should he have to "see" them first. They confronted him as well and under fear of his own personal safety, he shot.

Ruiner
12-01-2007, 09:15 AM
All im saying is if they are not armed, no reason to blow their heads off w/ a shotgun. Detain them w/ a firearm until proper authorities come. This way not only will you be more of a hero to the community and the law you didnt kill anyone in the process. If they have no firearms i see no action to shoot to kill. Now if they did i wouldnt hesistate, but they had crowbars please. Shotgun>3 crowbars.

So wait, as long as the person robbing you is not armed, you do not shoot them?

Let me ask you this: how do you determine if they are not armed?

Do you ask them? Do you wait to see their guns? How do you make that determination? Just because you can't "see" the gun doesn't mean that it isn't there. I carry a pistol on me most of the time and nobody can "see" it exposed.

B_Hoov
12-01-2007, 09:36 AM
i would have done the same thing

B_Hoov
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
someone breaks into my house they are not walking away, thats my home and my family and im going to do everything it takes to protect them, if that means putting a bullet in someones chest that broke into my house your damn right. now, im good friends with my neighbor, however a shotgun would not have been my weapon of choice in the matter, wouldn't have shot to killed just shot to injure and disable, however in the state of gerogia you will get in MUCH more trouble for shooting someone and or pulling a gun on them than you will just shooting and killing them. i worked very hard for everything i have and im going to protect it and my family.

Greddypacked
12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
^^^I agree. Texas has passed a law where you can shoot to kill protecting you or your neighbors property from criminals, but here in Georgia that dude would have gone to prison w/ the 911 recording as evidence. They would have said you deliberatly went out there and shot the victims, you even admited it before they stepped foot in your yard.

So wait, as long as the person robbing you is not armed, you do not shoot them?

Let me ask you this: how do you determine if they are not armed?

That question is irrelavant for this scenerio. If i have a gun pulled out at the target and they are not armed w/ no weapons in their hands take control of the situation. Tell the criminal to put your hands behind your head and lay flat on your stomach. Cops use this defense for a reason, not only to handcuff the victim and search for weapons, if the victim slightly moves for a weapon (BOOM!). I dont have to explain what happens next.

tightflks
12-01-2007, 02:03 PM
what we need is punishment that fits and actually make it not worth committing the crime in the first place. but until that happens if more people shoot and killed thieves maybe they would start to look for another way to make money... like selling drugs, pimping and prostitution. :goodjob:

in the mid east, you get your hands chopped off

Nomad!
12-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Good points. So many posts sound so caviler but not many of them appear to have much thought put into them. I have no sympathy for thieves but, praising this guy as a hero is ridiculous. After hearing the 9-1-1 call, he sounds more like an opportunist than a hero.