khailon
11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
you can get cheap cables here
hdmi cables for around 4-8 dollars
:goodjob:

monoprice.com

slowinmidga
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah there or ebay. I made the mistake of paying like $30 for my first one a few months ago but now I buy the ones on ebay for like 5.50 shipped and the pic and sound quality is the same

collins
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
make sure the ones you buy are all version 1.3. if they're not, it MAY cause an issue down the road if you ever upgrade your components. such as your hdtv, if you get one that does the 120Hz and the blu-ray to match and you're cable is not 1.3 then you just wasted your money on a very expensive tv and dvd player

blown_ss
11-29-2007, 08:59 AM
make sure the ones you buy are all version 1.3. if they're not, it MAY cause an issue down the road if you ever upgrade your components. such as your hdtv, if you get one that does the 120Hz and the blu-ray to match and you're cable is not 1.3 then you just wasted your money on a very expensive tv and dvd player

good info. i have seen hdmi cables go for as much as 100 in the stores. one guy tried to sale me one at HHGregg and i laughed and told him that i would take it if he sold it to me for 5.00 and he told me that there was no way that i could get it for that and i pulled that website up on his computer and he shut up fast.

LQQKITZME
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
good info. i have seen hdmi cables go for as much as 100 in the stores. one guy tried to sale me one at HHGregg and i laughed and told him that i would take it if he sold it to me for 5.00 and he told me that there was no way that i could get it for that and i pulled that website up on his computer and he shut up fast.

Thats awsome.. there went his commision sale

khailon
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
i think all hdmi cables are the same within a short distance

quickdodgeŽ
11-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I go to firefold.co. I don't use monoprice.

But neither of these two sells Xbox 360 cables in HDMI. Later, QD.

khailon
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I go to firefold.co. I don't use monoprice.

But neither of these two sells Xbox 360 cables in HDMI. Later, QD.

just checked out firefold cool site:goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
^^^ I've bought a few cables from them and the shipping time is excellent. Later, QD.

collins
11-30-2007, 05:43 PM
i think all hdmi cables are the same within a short distance that is actually incorrect. if a cable is not capable of passing x.v. color or 120hz, it doesnt matter what length it is. 3' is no different than 35'. same reason you're not able to get 1080p out of 98% of the component cables on the market. if it cant do it, it cant do it.

khailon
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
that is actually incorrect. if a cable is not capable of passing x.v. color or 120hz, it doesnt matter what length it is. 3' is no different than 35'. same reason you're not able to get 1080p out of 98% of the component cables on the market. if it cant do it, it cant do it.

Leekor12
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
good find, +1

khailon
12-05-2007, 07:54 PM

aneel
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
i work at Fry's.. not trying to act like a rip off sales person or anything but Monster cables actually give you the best quality.. we hooked up 2 identical tvs next to each other and hooked up dvd players to them.. the $20 hdmi cable werent as crisp as the Monster HDMI cables..

aNeeL

cdhtang
12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah...price on the cables always make some different. It is like the rca cables, you can get some for few bucks, and some for over 100.

DemonEyez
12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
i work at Fry's.. not trying to act like a rip off sales person or anything but Monster cables actually give you the best quality.. we hooked up 2 identical tvs next to each other and hooked up dvd players to them.. the $20 hdmi cable werent as crisp as the Monster HDMI cables..

aNeeL

uhh sorry. i work retail too and i can tell you that theres no difference in the cables. unless ur running a source with v.x.color but not using a 1.3a cable.

side by side comparisons between monoprice cables and those 120 to 200$ monster ones showed no difference by many online review sites. they tested the PQ, the AQ and actually tested the digital signals coming thru them.

unless you were using component cables. for component cables there is a diff and the monster ones are the way to go. but not for hdmi or dvi cable.

khailon
12-10-2007, 09:13 PM
:cheers:
uhh sorry. i work retail too and i can tell you that theres no difference in the cables. unless ur running a source with v.x.color but not using a 1.3a cable.

side by side comparisons between monoprice cables and those 120 to 200$ monster ones showed no difference by many online review sites. they tested the PQ, the AQ and actually tested the digital signals coming thru them.

unless you were using component cables. for component cables there is a diff and the monster ones are the way to go. but not for hdmi or dvi cable.

ShooterMcGavin
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
great site, bought some **** from them myself a while back.

brads94accord
12-11-2007, 08:38 PM
damn I wish I would have known that. A friend of mine got my 25' HDMI cable at his cost and it was still $100. The sticker on it was 199.00 Markup on cables is ridiculous.

ShooterMcGavin
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
yeah, esp when there isn't THAT big of a diff.

drpepper14
12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I was going to order (3) 8' 1.3a HDMI cables from monster (through work which is 60% off retail) and that came out to be $120 + shipping.

I just order (3) 10' 1.3a HDMI's from monoprice and it was $64.99 shipped!

Jimmy B
12-12-2007, 09:18 AM
guys, i install plasmas, lcd's, blueray players, Hi-def stuff..

there IS a diffrence, alot of people dont pay close enough atention to notice it, but they are diffrent.. i mena, 75-150(dep on length) bucks for a good cable is not that bad when you want the BEST quality.. but of course the kids on here dont know what they are looking at anyway, so its great for a 5-10$ cable for you guys.. lol

remember, you DO get what you pay for..

ISAtlanta300
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Actually it won't matter much for lengths under 6-8 ft or so. Now if you were running a 12 ft and above cable to the projector, then yea you'd prob. need to invest into a higher grade cable.

DemonEyez
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
guys, i install plasmas, lcd's, blueray players, Hi-def stuff..

there IS a diffrence, alot of people dont pay close enough atention to notice it, but they are diffrent.. i mena, 75-150(dep on length) bucks for a good cable is not that bad when you want the BEST quality.. but of course the kids on here dont know what they are looking at anyway, so its great for a 5-10$ cable for you guys.. lol

remember, you DO get what you pay for..

At lengths above 15feet yeah u gotta pay more. but not so much for a name either. But u wanna make sure the cable is built right. Thus monoprice has a seperate area for long cables with repeaters etc in them.

Again folks dont be fooled by the "im really not saying this for the commission" or the "i do it for a living so i know best" people.

If any of you guys have any whatsover reservations, head on over to www.avsforum.com and do a search on the hdmi cables. u'll find thousands of threads and same arguement myself and others have said on here. And if u wanna question credentials, just read up on the type of people there. Engineers, installers, electricians, and overall the nerdiest people in the world. They'll have links to articles, studies, samples etc. See for yourself.

ISAtlanta300
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Troof... +1

I am a member on there too actually....

khailon
12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
At lengths above 15feet yeah u gotta pay more. but not so much for a name either. But u wanna make sure the cable is built right. Thus monoprice has a seperate area for long cables with repeaters etc in them.

Again folks dont be fooled by the "im really not saying this for the commission" or the "i do it for a living so i know best" people.

If any of you guys have any whatsover reservations, head on over to www.avsforum.com (http://www.avsforum.com/) and do a search on the hdmi cables. u'll find thousands of threads and same arguement myself and others have said on here. And if u wanna question credentials, just read up on the type of people there. Engineers, installers, electricians, and overall the nerdiest people in the world. They'll have links to articles, studies, samples etc. See for yourself.

drpepper14
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm also a member on AVS forum

I only decided to buy from monoprice after reading all of the reviews and research that everyone posted over there. There are guys over there with six figures dumped into their home theater setups that chose to go with monoprice cables because there is no difference in there stuff and companies like monster except the name.

Jimmy B
12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm also a member on AVS forum

I only decided to buy from monoprice after reading all of the reviews and research that everyone posted over there. There are guys over there with six figures dumped into their home theater setups that chose to go with monoprice cables because there is no difference in there stuff and companies like monster except the name.

not true.. it DOES make a diffrence... sometimes small, but most of the kids on this site wont see or hear the diffrence anyway

collins
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM

If any of you guys have any whatsover reservations, head on over to www.avsforum.com (http://www.avsforum.com) and do a search on the hdmi cables. u'll find thousands of threads and same arguement myself and others have said on here. And if u wanna question credentials, just read up on the type of people there. Engineers, installers, electricians, and overall the nerdiest people in the world. They'll have links to articles, studies, samples etc. See for yourself. i'm going to ask you to not feed anymore idiocracy into this thread. first off, i dont make a dime of comission, so why would i be saying this for my own benefit? 2nd, jimmy b is exactly right.

now, if you happen to hook up your blu-ray player to your 19" lcd, i'll call you an idiot anyway. however, if that's the case then no, you may not notice a difference in the 2 cables.

o hi forgot, you looked it up on the intrawebz so IT MUST be correct. :goodjob:

collins
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
oh and one last thing... if i WERE on comission, i'd be making more off the cheaper cables (that are sold at my store) anyway, as they're the ones with the most margain in them so there goes your theory.

EJ25RUN
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
cables unlimited at FRY'S + employee discount = pocket :2cents:

collins
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
edit: nevermind... thought you were someone else.

4dmin
12-17-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.firefold.com/

this is a good site for cables as well

quickdodgeŽ
12-17-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.firefold.com/

this is a good site for cables as well

That's the ONLY place I go. Haven't noticed a bit of a difference in the quality. And I'm not a kid, dammit, Jimmy, lolol. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
12-17-2007, 02:26 PM
LOL,.. i agree, Old man..

the diffrences that most people see is on higher end setups IE: over 15K in electronics for a room, by the time it all gets installed, wires run and setup correctley, its going to be upwards of a 25-30K (and up) room...

personally, i only use the best in whatever i do(as long as i can afford it), i just spent over a G on shower fixtures for the master bath.. because its the good stuff!

if you are running a $100 dvd player, yea, all those $20 are fine, but if you have a HD DVD, or a BlueRay player, or watch alot of shows in HD, you had BETTER get the good stuff or you will be dissapointed. no, you dont REALLY have to get the monster cable brand, but you still should get the better higher end wires.

Jimmy B
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
and one last thing,.. like i said above, MOST of you dont have a "theater" area, you are watching on a 32-42" tv, be it tube, plasma, or lcd.. with a regular dvd player.. yea, you arent going to see a diffrence..

how many of you ACCUALLY have a blueray player? i know i dont, yet.. but i see them all the time at the installs we do.

4dmin
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
LOL,.. i agree, Old man..

the diffrences that most people see is on higher end setups IE: over 15K in electronics for a room, by the time it all gets installed, wires run and setup correctley, its going to be upwards of a 25-30K (and up) room...

personally, i only use the best in whatever i do(as long as i can afford it), i just spent over a G on shower fixtures for the master bath.. because its the good stuff!

if you are running a $100 dvd player, yea, all those $20 are fine, but if you have a HD DVD, or a BlueRay player, or watch alot of shows in HD, you had BETTER get the good stuff or you will be dissapointed. no, you dont REALLY have to get the monster cable brand, but you still should get the better higher end wires.

price isn't always the only factor in quality, i don't think anyone could tell the difference between one hdmi cable and another

Jimmy B
12-17-2007, 03:23 PM
price isn't always the only factor in quality, i don't think anyone could tell the difference between one hdmi cable and another

i agree with the bolded part..

the second part is really not true.. on alot of setups IE: 37-42" plasma, dvd player, storebought surround system, no you arent going to see musch diffrence.. since a regular DVD still isnt AWSOME quality viewing or sound..

its the better equipment that you need the better quality cables!

its like putting pep-boys brakes on a porshe or corvette.. yea, it works, its not that much diffrent, but its not as good!

4dmin
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
i agree with the bolded part..

the second part is really not true.. on alot of setups IE: 37-42" plasma, dvd player, storebought surround system, no you arent going to see musch diffrence.. since a regular DVD still isnt AWSOME quality viewing or sound..

its the better equipment that you need the better quality cables!

its like putting pep-boys brakes on a porshe or corvette.. yea, it works, its not that much diffrent, but its not as good!

well to an extent... i have a benz which an oil change cost 200$ from the dealer... i can take it to mahdavi for 80$ for the same oil change and never notice the difference. now would i go to pep boys... HELL NO :lmfao:

drpepper14
12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
still don't agree with some of the stuff in here. Jimmy B, first of all you are throwing all of us into the same boat:
I personally own a blu-ray player and an HD DVD player, as well as have a dedicated theater setup with an onkyo 805 receiver and polk RTi's all the way around with an hsu sub (7.1 setup)
All of my cables are from monoprice and i'm running it all to a Mitsubishi WD-Y657 65in DLP. The picture quality is amazing and has been professionally calibrated, with no problems in sound/picture quality ever arising from my $20 HDMI 1.3a cables from monoprice going into and out of my $900 receiver and $2000+ tv

I'm not saying there is NO difference between the cheap hdmi's and the expensive hdmi's....but in this instance, monoprice's "cheap" hdmi cables are only cheap in the realm of pricing, not in quality

DemonEyez
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
yeah i dont have a 19" lcd

setup
onkyo 705
rocket fronts, surroinds, dipoles, center
hsu sub
40" lcd 1080p w/ 1.3a ports
blu-ray player
hd dvd player

I know my setup. I know my stuff. and yeah go look thru alot of review sites on their hdmi cable reviews and tell me where they say u gotta pay more than the monoprice cables?

even those with 20k setups vs my 6k setup wont notice a difference.

but hey Collins im sure your right just cus u said so vs.. well.. anything else. thanks

Jimmy B
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
still don't agree with some of the stuff in here. Jimmy B, first of all you are throwing all of us into the same boat:
I personally own a blu-ray player and an HD DVD player, as well as have a dedicated theater setup with an onkyo 805 receiver and polk RTi's all the way around with an hsu sub (7.1 setup)
All of my cables are from monoprice and i'm running it all to a Mitsubishi WD-Y657 65in DLP. The picture quality is amazing and has been professionally calibrated, with no problems in sound/picture quality ever arising from my $20 HDMI 1.3a cables from monoprice going into and out of my $900 receiver and $2000+ tv

I'm not saying there is NO difference between the cheap hdmi's and the expensive hdmi's....but in this instance, monoprice's "cheap" hdmi cables are only cheap in the realm of pricing, not in quality

yes, i said MOST of IA,.. it sounds like you have a nice setup.. i dont have 7.1 yet.. im waiting for my basemnt to be finished to get a 7.2 system..
im sure everything is amazing for picture quality and sound.. and you muight have gotten the good cables for cheap.. but sometimes its worth it to pay more for a bettter quality cable...

DemonEyez
12-19-2007, 11:01 PM
yes, i said MOST of IA,.. it sounds like you have a nice setup.. i dont have 7.1 yet.. im waiting for my basemnt to be finished to get a 7.2 system..
im sure everything is amazing for picture quality and sound.. and you muight have gotten the good cables for cheap.. but sometimes its worth it to pay more for a bettter quality cable...

i think people are confusing what alot of other people are saying

yes u dont want cheap cables true

but alot are arguing that monoprice cables while cheap in price do not skimp in quality at all.

so yeah of course if your gonna spend a ton on stuff get quality everything. but at the same time those saying that u have to purchase those 120$ monster cables are nuts. the monoprice cables are equally good and many have been tested so. I wouldnt buy those 15$ walmart ones tho.

ISAtlanta300
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
exactly.. and no 19" lcd here either....

Heck, I dumped over 10K just in speakers alone (B&W Nautilus series all around) , so you know I do my research.... :)

DemonEyez
12-20-2007, 04:18 PM
exactly.. and no 19" lcd here either....

Heck, I dumped over 10K just in speakers alone (B&W Nautilus series all around) , so you know I do my research.... :)

rich bastard : ) lol nice

khailon
12-20-2007, 06:46 PM
monoprice ftw! :goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
rich bastard : ) lol nice

LOL not really rich.. just save up and upgrade each year... Hifibuys and GHt both have the "upgrade" program in that you can upgrade to a higher end pair of speaker within a year, and they'll apply full price to your original pair....