PDA

View Full Version : Brandsmart!

Ruststang
11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm very worried i have been had!

A few months ago i purchased a 50 plasma phillips hdtv.

Now the thing wont stay on longer then 5 minutes before i get this red light on the set.

Now im reading that they sell the b and c stock electronics and maybe even Refurb!.

I was not notified of the information when i made my purchase and im kinda upset about it.

I have a repair date set up but im reading stories about sets being taken to shops for weeks! Also being returned scratched all over!

Anyone know what i should do? I would like to get my money back but i know my chances of that are very slim.

Im just very angry that i was sold a lower quality tv set without being told .:2up:

blacknightteg
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
that sucks. dont go to places that look like flea markets

Ruststang
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
I really didn't know anything about the place, And i havn't heard about them selling refurb stuff. Im confused at how they could sell this low end crap and not alert the consumer at what thier buying.

keevo54
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Sucks. We got a vacumm from Frys and took thatg **** back when we saw it was refurbished.

con
11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
:eek:..hate to hear that. I have a 42" Samsung that I've had for a year now without issues. hope it all works out in your favor.

Ruststang
11-28-2007, 04:29 PM
when i bought the thing they brought one out for me to see that had a crack in the screen... So i told them to keep that one and i got the current set i have and now i wonder what wrong with this one.

EmminoDaGreat
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Thats why i did not buy my tv from there.

con
11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
so yours wasn't factory sealed in a box when they brought it to the loading dock? they have some policy where they open the box for you to inspect to ensure it was untouched/damaged before leaving.

Best bet is to take detailed pics of the condition prior to the repairman getting his hands on it. Pretty sure the time has expired for a chance of getting free replacement. I would also push for some sort of incentive due to your inconvenience.

Ruststang
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
The box was sealed when they brought it to me.. They opened it for my to inspect the condition, the first tv was chipped in the glass. My current set was fine on the outside. Im just not sure what to ask for from the whole situation.

LQQKITZME
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow That Sucks

Ran
11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Im just very angry that i was sold a lower quality tv set without being told .:2up:You probably also paid a much lower price.

You get what you pay for and, unfortunately, Brandsmart will not hesitate to sell you crap. My buddy had some problems with a CD player he bought there and they pretty much gave him the run-around until he gave up.

Good luck getting the situation taken care of. Next time, go to Best Buy or even Wal-Mart. :goodjob:

DemonEyez
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
You probably also paid a much lower price.

You get what you pay for and, unfortunately, Brandsmart will not hesitate to sell you crap. My buddy had some problems with a CD player he bought there and they pretty much gave him the run-around until he gave up.

Good luck getting the situation taken care of. Next time, go to Best Buy or even Wal-Mart. :goodjob:

well first off.. dont buy phillips.. they have problems with their tv power supplies recently.

second.. go to brandsmart. have them give you a price on paper. take it to another store and price match

Vteckidd
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Thats why i did not buy my tv from there.
:goodjob:

I got mine from HHGREG

Vteckidd
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
second.. go to brandsmart. have them give you a price on paper. take it to another store and price match
:goodjob: :D

Try contacting PHILLIPS directly, my Samsng has a 2 year warranty on it, so if the TV is relatively new, they may just swap it out for you if you have your receipt

Ruststang
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Repair guys just left here and now i have to wait for up to 2 weeks and a new board and power supply. Im kinda pissed i have to wait now 2 more weeks just for the parts to arrive. I want to call and ***** someone out but phillips knew they sold a ****ty unit to a discount store and well brandsmart knew they were a ****ty discount store. To clarify the price was not that much cheaper maybe 150 bucks then another store. I will never do business with ether company again.

ATK_Designs
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
That's what I've been telling people. Brandsmart and Some of Fry's stuffs are B-stocks. Fry's Refurbs are labeled, however, Brandsmart's aren't.

Sorry that doesn't work out for u. However, don't you have 1yr mfg warranty? Try to contact them to see what's going on.

kpc2593
11-29-2007, 06:38 PM
damn....that place gives me the creeps though...makes me have a seizure cuz of all the neon signs all over the walls...

lilmanx01
11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
****ed. I have a 32inch lcd samsung from them.. i did purchase the extended 3 yr warranty.. i hope nothing happens to it cause i cant afford to buy another one.

I hope everything works out for you and that they get all your sh*t fixed, and i would def call phillips. BUT question, do you have it hooked up to a surger protector? battery backup?

Ruststang
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
i called phillips and thats why im waiting right now... i also have the 3yr add-on plan from brandsmart. Yep its on a surge protector .

SRCRX
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Now im reading that they sell the b and c stock electronics and maybe even Refurb!.

FYI, B and C stock are reburbs!!

Good luck!!

Ruststang
12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Ugh!!! The repair company called me today and asked me if i needed any further repair on my set... THEY HAVE YET TO FIX ANYTHING!!! WTF is going on. I'm so f*cking P*ssed right now. Also they have only ordered one of the two parts! I have taken it upon myself to call and get the part numbers to both parts so I'm going to call them tomorrow and do their job for them. I'm very close to driving down there and having a word with them face to face. I can't understand what is so hard about this.

Ruststang
12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
It get better!! I did some research on the authorized service provider see your yourself. http://atlanta.citysearch.com/review/3036516
could a mod please place this thread in the lifestyle section i think it might be more fitting.

Jimmy B
12-09-2007, 10:40 AM
the best thing to do, buy from me and i can install it too :)

serousley, you cant buy from a "discount" store and not expect to get "discount" merchandise... like someone said above, you get what you pay for

Ruststang
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Update!!! tv dude came out with a small signal board and that didn't fix it about a week ago. They came out today with a power circuit board and he happend to order the wrong part number so now maybe it will get fixed on friday! Unless he brings over some oreo cookies only to relieze he brought cookies and not the power board

kpc2593
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Update!!! tv dude came out with a small signal board and that didn't fix it about a week ago. They came out today with a power circuit board and he happend to order the wrong part number so now maybe it will get fixed on friday! Unless he brings over some oreo cookies only to relieze he brought cookies and not the power board

haha @ da oreos.....wish ya luck to get it fixed....

.::UNKNOWN::.
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
hey i haven't had a problem from brandsmart i have 1 40 " lcd samsung that i have had for a year no problems 1 42 plasma that i have had for 6 months and i have one 50 plasma for 6 months also no problems at all.... all samsung.. my xbox i bought there along with my wii... i hope you have good luck with it and for future info hh gregg and brandsmart price match and they will pricematch the pricematch i went back and forth ended up saving 700 bux and brandsmart went longer without saying no more lol

GGPIS3
12-26-2007, 12:32 AM
got my 42" Sony from brandsmart about 2-3 years ago and haven't had a single problem. i've never considered philips to be a well known high quality tv manufacturer.. maybe thats your problem.. you need higher standards when purchasing pricey items.

learn your lesson and stop buying half ass products. do some research before spending your hard earned money!

and if you took offense to what im saying, oh well. it is what it is. if you bought a kia when you could have had a honda, well.. thats on you.

RiceBoy
12-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I bought my 42" Samsung plasma from Brandsmart about a year ago. Never had a problem, played games 24/7 for a while till I got tired of the game. I think you just got a Monday's TV. I bought a Mitsubishi from a reputable electronic store and it went out on me after 1 month. They came and repaired it and never had a problem since.

SicStang03
12-27-2007, 02:47 AM
I got a badass tv from them like 2-3 yeras ago and it works perfect to this day

Boosted FC
12-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Never had a problem with any products I have purchased from Brandsmart. HHGreg though, that is another story :(.

OUTLAW
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
THEY DO SELL REFREB ITEMS I KNOW FIRST HAD CAUSE I USE TO WORK THERE Y U THINK ITS SO CHEAP

blaknoize
12-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I'd just get a regular large flatscreen tv. U kno the technology is still new with the hdtv plasma sets... so of course there are going to be bugs.

slowinmidga
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
THEY DO SELL REFREB ITEMS I KNOW FIRST HAD CAUSE I USE TO WORK THERE Y U THINK ITS SO CHEAP

There prices arent that cheap always. Well damn if thats true they could get in alot of trouble for passing off refurb items as new. Ive also gotter several tvs from there no problems. What store did you work at i might know u.

OUTLAW
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
at the doraville store i worked n theback so i saw all tht went down we would seal items back up make them look like new n there u go cheap tv
There prices arent that cheap always. Well damn if thats true they could get in alot of trouble for passing off refurb items as new. Ive also gotter several tvs from there no problems. What store did you work at i might know u.

kfzemx3
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry but i'd never buy anything from brandsmart, the place just reeks of cheap crap, ****ty customer service, no one can answer my questions, and to be honest i can get a better deal ordering online and having it shipped to me, even if i have to worry about it being damaged on the way its still better than buying from them. But when it comes to tv's i just order through the company i'm with, we have deals with sony and LG.

umairejaz
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
I never knew they sold 2nd hand stuff......hmmm

umairejaz
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
and if its true you should go to a lawyer and sue like crazy, you could bank if they sell referb items labeled at new

Ruststang
01-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Television is FIXED!!!! Finally... The original problem was the power supply. The problem caused by the repair company was the installation of a bad small signal board. In the repair technition's defense he wanted to order the power supply from the begining. The tech support people at phillips told his tech support guys from the repair shop to follow the process of replacing the small signal board first. So all is well now and i will just wait to see how long this lasts.

tybalt6691
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
did you happen to pay 88.88?

Ruststang
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Nope i didnt pay anything but phillips had to pay them $400.00

.::UNKNOWN::.
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
most stuff that is refurb and sold is done by the factory of the make of the tv and it is there responsability to mark it as refurb.....

Ruststang
07-19-2008, 01:43 PM
OK Bump and update. I know that this thread has long since been forgotten but something eles happend. About 2 weeks ago the tv died again im not sure what broke with it because right after calling for repair again i sent philips and e-mail. The e-mail went out to the CEO CFO and a few VP's. I told them that i was a long term customer and that maybe i was just having some bad luck blah blah blah and i ended it by saying if we cant resolve the issue i would need to make a video documentation for display on youtube. The next morning a got a call from the President of Consumer relations. Needless to say they agreed with me and my problems and now instead of having a 50" plasma the just dropped off a 52" hd lcd with ambilight. So im very happy with the outcome and also kinda supprised they sent me a new set of a year of problems. also i checked out the ratings on the tv while it was in transit and its a much better tv then my old one.

con
07-19-2008, 03:19 PM
wow, congrats dude your persistence paid off. LCD's FTW!

Ruststang
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
^^^ Thanks its seems to be pretty good so far im thinking about hanging it on the wall anyone know a service or place that will do in wall wiring ?

ksniperfox
07-20-2008, 10:16 AM
there is a good way to complain-what you did.

and a bad way- arguing/yelling at the everybody you deal with. they will not want to help you.

congratulations on the new set, sounds nice. sucks you had to go through this ordeal though.

Ruststang
07-20-2008, 10:59 AM
^^^ I guess to get the service that i did (meaning a new set) i had to go through all the crap because if i didn't they might have just brushed me off to the warrenty dept. Did anyone know that circuit city charges 99 bucks to see what they need to do to install your tv first then its like 549 bucks to mount and run wires... WOW!

92mr2T
07-21-2008, 07:25 AM
there was a guy in here a few posts back that said he installs and sells tv's.

SPOOLIN
07-21-2008, 07:50 AM
i bought my panasonic hd plasma from brandsmart. No problems, it was a brand new model. I got the 3 year service plan, if i have to send it in ill take pics of it or something.

ShooterMcGavin
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
bought my projection from there 3 yrs ago, good prices, nice financing options and i'm pretty sure delivery was free as well.