PDA

View Full Version : Timing is off?

bboystyles
11-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi,
I have a quick question. This just started happening 2 days ago, dont know if its cause of the weather but my car is acting weird.
I drive a 00 civic Si turbo, B16a swap. WHen Im driving my car it runs fine but this seems to happen whenever I let go off the gas, the car would start to sound a little like its misfiring and when i step on the gas again slowly theres like a big THUMP then the car runs. It happens in every gear. after the thump everything runs normal but after i release and step on it again it happens again. I been looking and looking through every possibilities but cant find the reason why. anyone ever had this problem? and what did you do.
thanks

Hi,
I have a quick question.
sorry but i guess it wasnt really that short:D

Benefit
11-27-2007, 12:13 AM
your transmission might be sticking or something idk, try changing the gear oil

bboystyles
11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
As in the differentials? Honestly haven't thought of that. thanks for the input.
I'm pretty much out of ideas

bboystyles
11-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Would this in a way be consider as a "hard shift" because I was told that if that is the case then its recommended that I shouldn't have the tranny flush. That was my next step...

scttydb411
11-27-2007, 06:48 AM
check your motor mounts too. is it a thump you feel or only hear? is the thump more of a misfire/backfire?

when you let off the gas cruising your injectors are supposed to shut off and will take you totally lean, but if there is an injector leaking or if the car doesn't go into the fuel overrun cutoff or if the car doesn't go to 22in/hg or higher of vacuum (sending it into fuel overrun cutoff) it will still be giving it fuel which could be lean or overly rich depending on how much. this could be causing misfire situations too.

Init2winit
11-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Would this in a way be consider as a "hard shift" because I was told that if that is the case then its recommended that I shouldn't have the tranny flush. That was my next step...UH....No.

bboystyles
11-27-2007, 02:12 PM
check your motor mounts too. is it a thump you feel or only hear? is the thump more of a misfire/backfire?

when you let off the gas cruising your injectors are supposed to shut off and will take you totally lean, but if there is an injector leaking or if the car doesn't go into the fuel overrun cutoff or if the car doesn't go to 22in/hg or higher of vacuum (sending it into fuel overrun cutoff) it will still be giving it fuel which could be lean or overly rich depending on how much. this could be causing misfire situations too.

Its a thump that I actually feel. The car jerks in a way. Thanks for the help I'll give it a look. If anyone is local (or I can meet up) and want to give it a look see, i Would really appreciate it. stay in gwinnett

hondaxpurt
11-28-2007, 07:43 AM
sounds like a bad motor mount

bboystyles
11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
yeh I think thats the reason. thanks everyone for your help