PDA

View Full Version : in dash monitors?

hockeysam555
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I want to get one but I have no idea what to get...It needs to be a flip out so it will fit in my car. I dont know how much I want to spend for sure. I like alpines but there pricy and I've heard jensen makes good ones for cheap but like I said i dont know.

I tried buying one but got ripped off as it turned out to be stolen and broken... pioneer avic-n2, looked it up it was nice but too bad...

what kinds are good?
or a good deal?

also i might be getting an ipod for cheap so i wanna hook it up with that so i can have my whole library of music on there

ooh and also what about that bypass so it works while your driving?

thanks for any help
-sam

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i think its right)

Mangrum
11-26-2007, 09:19 PM
IMO i would save some money and go with a kenwood.. but the jensen is not a bad deal for the money

hockeysam555
11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
any particular kenwood?

bboystyles
11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I have a Jensen in my car right now and it works fine. It comes with a stand alone module so you can hook up Ipods, video in/out, etc.

TicketRedBB6
11-27-2007, 06:43 AM
I have a kenwood 7" flipout now. I love it. It's the KVT-617DVD model. Most flipouts come with a "brain" that you have to put somewhere but they have plenty of slots for things like ipods, video games, etc. Theyll be able to tell you that when you buy one. As for the bypass switch thats not a big deal just find a place that will do it for you when they install it. I think bestbuy will do it for you, it was no problem with mine.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/Sa211050/DSC00897.jpg

hockeysam555
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM
thanks!

i like the prelude

RBS
11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
i say you put a household TV in your car so everyone on the highway can watch LoL :bannana::bannana::bannana:

TicketRedBB6
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
thanks!

i like the prelude
Thanks man. If you're tight on money i say get a dual or jensen, but ive heard better things about dual. Pioneer and Alpine are probably the best but like you said they're pricey, but they do have a lot of features. Kenwood's price is in betweeen dual and alpine usually, so I went with that. It's really just about what you want. If you only want Ipod, cd's, and dvd's, you can really choose from anything you want. But if you want navigation, tv shows, etc. you'll have to go with something better like alpine.

SampaGuy
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Mine is still for sale! I guarantee it works and its definitely not stolen.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146315

killerdx
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
my friend bought one from wally world and it aint half bad, especially for like $400

B_Hoov
11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Dual is low end pioneer and everyone i have talked to that has one loves it and has had no problems, check them out at best buy.

JDM-95-Hatch
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
stay away from the jensen, and dual, especially if you are going to be adding amp and subs.. i work at a shop and see them go bad at least once a week, save your money for something better like pioneer or kenwood. If you need someone to install it hit me up