PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to religion.

Glides
11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21973378/?GT1=10547

#1Beaver
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
damn

LordMDP
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome to Islam you mean

ZeD
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
im not reading that. cliff notes anyone?

Whiteboy™
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
i just read it all, and was highly disappointed in their reaction to this, we wouldn't make a fuss if they ****ing named the bear Jesus

mocha latte cupcake
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
i just read it all, and was highly disappointed in their reaction to this, we wouldn't make a fuss if they ****ing named the bear Jesus

simply because christians turn the other cheek and we don't get bent out of shape for a kid naming his bear jesus.... :no:

SloWRX
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
.................................................. ..................................wow!

Mayniac
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Religion is a joke.

k20siboii
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
daymn thats crazy

"Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons told Reuters they feared for her safety after receiving reports that young men had already started gathering outside the Khartoum police station where the Liverpool woman was being held."

magneto198
11-29-2007, 11:29 PM
"insulting Islam's Prophet"? come on now be real

KPowerEP3
11-30-2007, 12:01 AM
This just shows the mentality of the religion, which is irrational and violent. Of course, what more could you expect from people who kill each other over what denomination of Islam they are. "I'm Shia, you're Sunni...now die mofo" come on, be real that's like saying "I'm baptist, you're presbyterian...now you're going to die". The sad thing is, is that the few Muslims I know are really nice people, it's just their whole culture, not the people, needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Magnus213
11-30-2007, 12:31 AM
There is a serious case of stupid in this thread. There are people from EVERY religion just as over-zealous as these people. For example, I live near a giant, cult-like church and the people it produces are just as extreme in attitude as these Muslims. The only differences are the education systems in place, and the fact that the said Christians don't have anyone to attack here in Georgia.

KPower, you're calling for an entire culture to be wiped from the face of the earth? That sounds awfully familiar to an idea someone had about 60 years ago. Culture is ingrained in the people, you can't destroy ideas without destroying those who carry them.

The article doesn't surprise me, especially after the outcry after that Danish cartoonist drew Mohammad a while ago. It's extremely disrespectful to depict their prophet in any inappropriate form, she lives in a state run by an Islamic ruling party and should have known better. And like I said, if I depicted other religions' prophets in ways that they found extremely disrespectful I'd fully expect to have religious zealots ready to come at me in a similar manner.

KPowerEP3
11-30-2007, 01:25 AM
There is a serious case of stupid in this thread. There are people from EVERY religion just as over-zealous as these people. For example, I live near a giant, cult-like church and the people it produces are just as extreme in attitude as these Muslims. The only differences are the education systems in place, and the fact that the said Christians don't have anyone to attack here in Georgia.

KPower, you're calling for an entire culture to be wiped from the face of the earth? That sounds awfully familiar to an idea someone had about 60 years ago. Culture is ingrained in the people, you can't destroy ideas without destroying those who carry them.

You should learn not to take everything so seriously :goodjob:. You can't be stupid and be enrolled at MIT, so please, use a little common sense.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 01:32 AM
There is a serious case of stupid in this thread.Its the whores lounge, what did you expect? If you want to have a serious discussion about religion, take it to the lifestyle section.

redrumracer
11-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Its the whores lounge, what did you expect? If you want to have a serious discussion about religion, take it to the lifestyle section.

isnt there actually already one in there?

hint :yes:

Magnus213
11-30-2007, 01:46 AM
You should learn not to take everything so seriously :goodjob:. You can't be stupid and be enrolled at MIT, so please, use a little common sense.
I apologize, your response was not stupid but it just bothered me. My response was too wordy but I don't like that people in this thread are claiming that the Islamic religion itself is worthless.

KPowerEP3
11-30-2007, 02:33 AM
I apologize, your response was not stupid but it just bothered me. My response was too wordy but I don't like that people in this thread are claiming that the Islamic religion itself is worthless.

No problemo. I probably should have hinted that I was being witty.

man
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Religion is a joke.

Yet without it, the human race would never have advanced to where we are today.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Yet without it, the human race would never have advanced to where we are today.You can keep telling yourself that. But open your eyes, you think fairy tails really had anything to do with all the technology we have today? All the knowledge? The only thing that religion has taught is how to fuel the minds of those that wish to have the superior religion and race. Which brings war and confusion upon us.

Or who knows, maybe "god" is doing all this. :sarcastic:

RandomGuy
11-30-2007, 02:59 AM
This just shows the mentality of the religion, which is irrational and violent. Of course, what more could you expect from people who kill each other over what denomination of Islam they are. "I'm Shia, you're Sunni...now die mofo" come on, be real that's like saying "I'm baptist, you're presbyterian...now you're going to die". The sad thing is, is that the few Muslims I know are really nice people, it's just their whole culture, not the people, needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth.ignorant post...

repped

Might want to learn a thing or two before spewing this retarded nonsense.

be real that's like saying "I'm baptist, you're presbyterian...now you're going to die"

hrm.... its not like the Protestant Reformation went down like that ... :rolleyes:

man
11-30-2007, 03:07 AM
You can keep telling yourself that. But open your eyes, you think fairy tails really had anything to do with all the technology we have today? All the knowledge?

Absolutely, I'm not saying that there is some divine being. The idea of organized religion has undoubtedly given rise to technology and sciences. Religion was the sole reason for the invention of writing, story telling, chemistry, biology, astronomy, etc. I don't need to "keep telling myself that," I have my college professors to do that for me. Take a history class.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Absolutely, I'm not saying that there is some divine being. The idea of organized religion has undoubtedly given rise to technology and sciences. Religion was the sole reason for the invention of writing, story telling, chemistry, biology, astronomy, etc. I don't need to "keep telling myself that," I have my college professors to do that for me. Take a history class.You know there is a thread in the lifestyle section about organized religion? Just letting you know...

And ok, when people think about religion, they automatically think about GOD. Jesus, or whatever. Which all the events took or is said to take place about 2000 years ago. But even before that, they were already advancing. Explain this, the cavemen, invented the wheel. Where was the religion there? Since you have your professor telling you all this maybe you can ask him that. Since im sure you couldn't be able to figure it out on your own.

KPowerEP3
11-30-2007, 03:18 AM
ignorant post...

[color=Red]repped

[color=Black]Might want to learn a thing or two before spewing this retarded nonsense.

hrm.... its not like the Protestant Reformation went down like that ... :rolleyes:

Just like the last person that tried to say the same thing...evidently, the sarcasm was lost on you as well.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Damn, went out to smoke a cigarette and still no reply? This is prolly gonna be a long one... Lolol

edit; im off to work. I'll reply when I get back.

man
11-30-2007, 03:35 AM
You know there is a thread in the lifestyle section about organized religion? Just letting you know...

And ok, when people think about religion, they automatically think about GOD. Jesus, or whatever. Which all the events took or is said to take place about 2000 years ago. But even before that, they were already advancing. Explain this, the cavemen, invented the wheel. Where was the religion there? Since you have your professor telling you all this maybe you can ask him that.

The invention of the wheel has never been exactly determined and most archaeologists will tell you that the wheel was invented for pottery in east Asia. If you want to try to convince me that pottery has no religious relations, be my guest. Also, where did I say that every invention was influenced by religion?

Since im sure you couldn't be able to figure it out on your own.
Sensitive are we? Internet intimidation means nothing to me, save it for those that care. If you can't discuss a serious topic using facts and a mature demeanor, you aren't worth my time.

Slow Motion
11-30-2007, 03:38 AM
Culture is ingrained in the people, you can't destroy ideas without destroying those who carry them.

Very profound.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 03:44 AM
The invention of the wheel has never been exactly determined and most archaeologists will tell you that the wheel was invented for pottery in east Asia. If you want to try to convince me that pottery has no religious relations, be my guest. Also, where did I say that every invention was influenced by religion?The wheel is an invention, a form of technology. Is it not? Religion and technology are two different things, faith and a car are two different things. You can't really compare the two, when looking at it in an evolution perspective. We gain knowledge threw error, I just don't see how religion had anything to do with that part of puzzle.

Sensitive are we? Internet intimidation means nothing to me, save it for those that care. If you can't discuss a serious topic using facts and a mature demeanor, you aren't worth my time.I wasn't trying to intimidate you. If you saw it that way, I apologize. You're cuban, so you're hispanic. Kinda cool knowing that not all of them are morons. Im mexican. =(

man
11-30-2007, 03:56 AM
The wheel is an invention, a form of technology. Is it not? Religion and technology are two different things, faith and a car are tow different things. You can't really compare the two, when looking at it in an evolution perspective. We gain knowledge threw error, I just don't see how religion had anything to do with that part of puzzle.

You have to remember that up until the past couple hundred years, religion essentially controlled the population. Rather than directly trying to relate an invention to religion, you have to look at how religion indirectly inspired the advancement of technology. For instance, the Egyptians invented organized labor to build the Great Pyramids and other enormous structures, which all had religious meaning and purpose. From organized labor comes companies and businesses, etc.

]I wasn't trying to intimidate you. If you saw it that way, I apologize. You're cuban, so in away you're hispanic. Kinda cool knowing that not all of them are morons. Im mexican. =(

It's all good, I have no problems with you.

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 07:47 AM
You have to remember that up until the past couple hundred years, religion essentially controlled the population. Rather than directly trying to relate an invention to religion, you have to look at how religion indirectly inspired the advancement of technology. For instance, the Egyptians invented organized labor to build the Great Pyramids and other enormous structures, which all had religious meaning and purpose. From organized labor comes companies and businesses, etc. Pretty damn good post. You actually, got me. Lolol. +1. Im sure there is something one, could say. But I can't seem to get anything started in my mind. I will say this though, although you have a very good point. Religion didn't jump start technology, it does/did have some effect, but it wasn't the spark to start the fire. Remember, fire was the first generation flash light.

Ran
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Religion didn't jump start technology, it does/did have some effect, but it wasn't the spark to start the fire. Remember, fire was the first generation flash light.The biggest advancements in technology can usually be attributed to either religion or war. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Good morning. :)

Mayniac
11-30-2007, 08:20 AM
The biggest advancements in technology can usually be attributed to either religion or war. Just thought I'd throw that in there.Yes, you too have a point. Next time, throw your comments in another direction. Lol

Good morning. :)Good morning to you too... =D