PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Who...

matthewAPM
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
...on here actually road races, trackdays, time attack, autocross, etc. what do you drive? NOT DRIFT OR DRAG

jw.

matthewAPM
11-23-2007, 11:13 PM
DAMN. does no one race on this forum?

redrumracer
11-23-2007, 11:22 PM
i know simontibbett does from the athens group. im sure there are others though.

Thighs
11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
WOOO MY CAR IS A MAD JDM GRIP MONSTER!!!!!

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 12:36 AM
no its not. ive driven it.

Thighs
11-24-2007, 12:38 AM
hah stfu matt. you know it can pull 4 lateral gs in a slalom @160

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 12:43 AM
?? umm. u wish. good luck doing half that

Thighs
11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
dude i can do that with my hands tied behind my back...

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 12:49 AM
sureee.

so im geussing no one drivers/ likes real racing?...fags

redrumracer
11-24-2007, 01:03 AM
i like real racing, just it involves a straight line

Thighs
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
thats ALMOST real racing... lol

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 01:19 AM
not really. left and right turns is real racing. lol.

redrumracer
11-24-2007, 01:24 AM
not really. left and right turns is real racing. lol.

i knew this would be the response so my question to you is, when your going around a track what are you tryin to do with the turns. tryin to go as straight as possible that way you can keep your speed up. well i like to cut out the middle man (which is the curve) and go straight. :D

Thighs
11-24-2007, 01:24 AM
lol WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!

redrumracer
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM

because that would be boring. kinda like i am right now :D

hondachik
11-24-2007, 01:26 AM

because this is IA, not Dr. Phil...lol

Thighs
11-24-2007, 01:27 AM
haha oh yeah... i forgot. lol

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 01:47 AM
i knew this would be the response so my question to you is, when your going around a track what are you tryin to do with the turns. tryin to go as straight as possible that way you can keep your speed up. well i like to cut out the middle man (which is the curve) and go straight. :D

Sorry to say this but its true...ur not going anyware fast with a miata. trust me i have one (the white one with blue seats u talked to on 316...tht was me). No matter what u do its not going to be stright line fast. do what the car was built to do. y do u think so many miatas are turned into spec miatas? b.c they handle.

nreggie454
11-24-2007, 02:10 AM
I autocross. It's fun.

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 02:14 AM
I autocross. It's fun.

hell yeah man. Thats all my civic is used for. STS FTW!

NewGen33
11-24-2007, 02:16 AM
I want to get into these events real bad. Can someone post up some links please?

NevrNufTorq
11-24-2007, 02:19 AM
scott siegel and doug over at topspeed, baller, all run sti's or subies and they all ran one lap last year. speedminded too. bunch of others too. :D :2cents:

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 02:20 AM
I want to get into these events real bad. Can someone post up some links please?

Go to www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com) . This is the Atlanta Region SCCA autocross site. Here you can find all the information about it. Our season wont start up until next year. but it gives you some time to pick a class u want to run in and get everything ready. hope to see u at the events.

BTW, the soloatlanta forum is wayyy better than this one.

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 02:21 AM
scott siegel and doug over at topspeed, baller, all run sti's or subies and they all ran one lap last year. speedminded too. bunch of others too. :D :2cents:

I think I was teaching at an autocross school they came to. Is one of them white with red decals and black wheels?

NevrNufTorq
11-24-2007, 02:26 AM
I think I was teaching at an autocross school they came to. Is one of them white with red decals and black wheels?
not sure doug has a rs with a sti swap. siegel and baller ran an 06 sti that was white with subaru of gwinnett stickers all over it. they are both instuctors. siegel does several schools at lil tally every year. i've gone with them to barber a few times when scott was instructing. siegel is bout 5'6" with black curly hair. really nice, hard not to remember meeting him

nreggie454
11-24-2007, 02:28 AM
hell yeah man. Thats all my civic is used for. STS FTW!

SM is where the big boys play... come to the dark side:devil:

NewGen33
11-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Go to www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com) . This is the Atlanta Region SCCA autocross site. Here you can find all the information about it. Our season wont start up until next year. but it gives you some time to pick a class u want to run in and get everything ready. hope to see u at the events.

BTW, the soloatlanta forum is wayyy better than this one.
thanks man you got rep. :goodjob:

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 02:40 AM
SM is where the big boys play... come to the dark side:devil:

In a FWD? HAHA. have fun running against the SM BMW at nationals. lol. Y change classes when i have a car that just might win the national championship?

What region u run with?

JITB
11-24-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

quickdodgeŽ
11-24-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm a former Atlanta Region class champion. Later, QD.

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 10:05 AM

Really? what class.

JITB
11-24-2007, 10:31 AM

back in 68 :D :D

fa real tho, og autoX champ right there! :goodjob:

matthewAPM
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
back in 68 :D :D

fa real tho, og autoX champ right there! :goodjob:

LMAO

StupidBikerBoy
11-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Bikes here, but soon to be back in a car some too.

Elbow
11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
I do I do!

TheDarkRacer
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
i wanna... but i gotta get my license back first...

Thighs
11-25-2007, 11:21 PM
^^ that helps... lol
howd u lose it?

madking411
11-26-2007, 06:14 PM

Me too...i REEEALLY wanna try to run in the Gymkhana this Sunday though....Just to see what my car can do, cuz i built pretty much the whole thing by myself...:bump:

matthewAPM
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
it would be fun but $45 for a event? A little much if you ask me.

Elbow
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
^Dont you pay over $45 for events? lol

madking411
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
it would be fun but $45 for a event? A little much if you ask me.

really? thats a bit MUCH??

How much do events usually cost to enter?? I know SCCA events are $30....

NoRotor
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I do

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/dixond/RX7/2051503644_17b66fdd86_o.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/dixond/RX7/2051502500_dfdd8f3f94_o1.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h118/dixond/RX7/2050718049_d764279ecd_o.jpg

matthewAPM
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
really? thats a bit MUCH??

How much do events usually cost to enter?? I know SCCA events are $30....

$35 at most for regional SCCA events. If it was the same I would go.

Thighs
11-26-2007, 08:02 PM
^ AND gymkhana wastes tires, blows up diffs/transmissions, and its alot less fun.

'khana in a fwd? thats a joke.

matthewAPM
11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
^ AND gymkhana wastes tires, blows up diffs/transmissions, and its alot less fun.

'khana in a fwd? thats a joke.

actually I think it could be won in a FWD. Even on street tires.
http://homepage.mac.com/carldavis/cocbor/images/IMG_9906.jpg the miata on race tires (13s)

Elbow
11-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I dont get what we are looking for in the pic lol

big mac
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
i like real racing, just it involves a straight line

shyea thats how it is. i dont do that time attack and what not lol :D

Elbow
11-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Real racing can't be a straight line, that is kiddy stuff.

itsnotarex
11-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I just did my first autocross event recently. I certainly plan on doing a hell of a lot more of it.

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v149/135/46/12800370/n12800370_33031293_7802.jpg

nreggie454
11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
In a FWD? HAHA. have fun running against the SM BMW at nationals. lol. Y change classes when i have a car that just might win the national championship?

What region u run with?

I would be more worried about an EVO at nationals since it won SM this year. Granted, the class is notorious for the twin-screw SC'ed M3s, but they didn't win this time around. I was just messing around about going SM, I get my ass handed to me, but I have a blast in the process.

I usually run in the Mid-South Region, more technically the Memphis region. I haven't been able to run lately due to being in school with no money and my car being down whenever I do have time. I miss it soooooo much.

matthewAPM
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I would be more worried about an EVO at nationals since it won SM this year. Granted, the class is notorious for the twin-screw SC'ed M3s, but they didn't win this time around.

Your correct. Daddio won in his EVO. (one of the best looking evos IMAO.)

OneSlow5pt0
11-27-2007, 04:24 PM
i rally

slow_hatch
11-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Well i've road raced motorcycles and have done numerous track days for a couple years, but have yet to attend an event in my car. I hope to get out and try it some time within the next year. While autocross seems fun I know it will lose it's appeal to me within two events or so since i'm used to being on a real track, not a substitute. I would love to make it to Lil Tally or Road A for an HPDE but haven't looked into clubs/organizations to go with, along with car requirments. So if you have any advice LMK.

matthewAPM
11-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Well i've road raced motorcycles and have done numerous track days for a couple years, but have yet to attend an event in my car. I hope to get out and try it some time within the next year. While autocross seems fun I know it will lose it's appeal to me within two events or so since i'm used to being on a real track, not a substitute. I would love to make it to Lil Tally or Road A for an HPDE but haven't looked into clubs/organizations to go with, along with car requirments. So if you have any advice LMK.

There are many clubs that rent out little tal. and road atlanta for the day but sometimes cost alot. If you are looking to run at little tal. go to soloatlanta.com. there is always someone trying to get people to go. If you are wanting to do a event at road atlanta, VIR, barber, etc. i would run a PDX (Performance Driving eXperience) with the SCCA. All you need is your SCCA autocross license which you can get from the scca.com site or from a local SCCA autocross event ($60?). The entry fee is $100 dollars for a PDX. All PDX events are hold on SCCA road race days. If you would like to run for free, you can work (sound control, corner station,...) saturday and sunday and pay nothing. There is 3 run groups ranging from beginner to expert. all you need is a car that will pass tech (dont even need a roll bar) and a helmet.

Elbow
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I have done NASA HPDE and SCCA PDX, I HIGHLY reccomend the PDX over NASA HPDE. The SCCA really knows how to run their stuff, clean track time, smooth running events, it is just great. I had nothing but headaches with my NASA experiences.

Elbow
12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
shyea thats how it is. i dont do that time attack and what not lol :D

Cause you cant drive foo

StraightSix
12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Well, I autocross and do HPDEs. I'm usually in my Civc for both (see sig below). I did one HPDE in my 944.

I had nothing but headaches with my NASA experiences.

I'd be interested in hearing about those, if you'd like to discuss them. Every bit of feedback we can get about our events can only make them better.

Elbow
12-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I ran a couple years back, and it was enough for me not to do it again, no offense.

First, one of the chief guys actually bashed on my car. And then told me I needed my parents to buy me a real race car, and if they cant afford it I shouldnt be there. And compared me to another young driver at the event, overall making me feel like ****. He then proceeded to tell me my car would not pass tech. It did, and he almost looked mad it did. I never knew head people wanted to PUSH people away from an event. AND my car was never really TECH'D. I was black flaged for a little oil smoke, and went to the tech shed and got waved on to continue. My instructor did not help much. I missed my first session due to mis communication. I had no instructor until halfway through the 2nd session. My last session was good, only because nobody bothered me, and I could drive the whole time without any useless bs.

I am just an SCCA guy, no offense, SCCA just seems more serious. I might be interested in TT with NASA, but road race wise and driving events I wil stick with SCCA.

redrumracer
12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Real racing can't be a straight line, that is kiddy stuff.

so i have one question simon, when you are going around a turn what are you trying to do?????

StraightSix
12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Well, I ran a couple years back, and it was enough for me not to do it again, no offense.

First, one of the chief guys actually bashed on my car. And then told me I needed my parents to buy me a real race car, and if they cant afford it I shouldnt be there. And compared me to another young driver at the event, overall making me feel like ****. He then proceeded to tell me my car would not pass tech. It did, and he almost looked mad it did. I never knew head people wanted to PUSH people away from an event. AND my car was never really TECH'D. I was black flaged for a little oil smoke, and went to the tech shed and got waved on to continue. My instructor did not help much. I missed my first session due to mis communication. I had no instructor until halfway through the 2nd session. My last session was good, only because nobody bothered me, and I could drive the whole time without any useless bs.

I am just an SCCA guy, no offense, SCCA just seems more serious. I might be interested in TT with NASA, but road race wise and driving events I wil stick with SCCA.

Wow! I'm really sorry you got treated that way. I've only been involved with NASA for about a year and half and have had nothing but a very positive experience. Although, I did have one instructor at CMP tell me that I needed a faster car or move back to DE1, but I was driving like an asshat that particular weekend for some reason.

I think there were some issues with SE that seem to have been worked out. I certainly will not argue the point that SCCA seems to be more serious. One of the things I've really liked about NASA-SE's events is the "laid back"-ness. Now, when it has been neccessary for the Regional Director, or the Race Director, to have conversations with people that were misbehaving on track, they won't hesitate to go so far as to ask people to not come back.

Anyway, I won't tey to say that one program is better than the other. I haven't done a SCCA PDX, yet, so I can't compare the two experiences.

matthewAPM
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow! I'm really sorry you got treated that way. I've only been involved with NASA for about a year and half and have had nothing but a very positive experience. Although, I did have one instructor at CMP tell me that I needed a faster car or move back to DE1, but I was driving like an asshat that particular weekend for some reason.

I think there were some issues with SE that seem to have been worked out. I certainly will not argue the point that SCCA seems to be more serious. One of the things I've really liked about NASA-SE's events is the "laid back"-ness. Now, when it has been neccessary for the Regional Director, or the Race Director, to have conversations with people that were misbehaving on track, they won't hesitate to go so far as to ask people to not come back.

Anyway, I won't tey to say that one program is better than the other. I haven't done a SCCA PDX, yet, so I can't compare the two experiences.

I really dont like the NASA guys. Seem to stuck up for regional racers. They made me have an instructor ride with me (not sure why because I have my SCCA and FIA license) and he told me I needed to go faster. Come to find out I ran faster times than he did and I was on street tires! WTF is up with that. Thats what I hated most about the event. The instructors think there the best in the world yet when they come to an SCCA road race I run all over them. SCCA events are the most organized well put together events period. Nothing compaires.

hey redrumracer, y dont u come out to an SCCA autocross or PDX event? scared you will get ur a** beat because u cant drive?

Elbow
12-06-2007, 02:31 PM
SCCA events are the most organized well put together events period. Nothing compaires.

hey redrumracer, y dont u come out to an SCCA autocross or PDX event? scared you will get ur a** beat because u cant drive?

Well said, and his car is not a race car. And you dont race at PDX's. So you cant get beat. ;) Autocross yes.

Do you have to be a worker to run C group PDX? I want to play with you next time :goodjob:

matthewAPM
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Well said, and his car is not a race car. And you dont race at PDX's. So you cant get beat. ;) Autocross yes.

Do you have to be a worker to run C group PDX? I want to play with you next time :goodjob:

Then he can road race. lol.

You dont have to work to run in the C group. It is just free if you do. I will be at the first PDX in the civic but after that it will be in SSC with the mazda.

Elbow
12-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh ok gotcha.

StraightSix
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I really dont like the NASA guys. Seem to stuck up for regional racers. They made me have an instructor ride with me (not sure why because I have my SCCA and FIA license) and he told me I needed to go faster. Come to find out I ran faster times than he did and I was on street tires! WTF is up with that. Thats what I hated most about the event. The instructors think there the best in the world yet when they come to an SCCA road race I run all over them. SCCA events are the most organized well put together events period. Nothing compaires.

In general, check rides are pretty standard operating procedure. I feel like over the past year, our events have improved quite a bit, both in organization, personnell and flow.

Were both your's and Simon's experiences with SE, or with MA (mid-atlantic, used to be NASA-Virginia)? I've heard quite a few complaints about MA's events from participants. In fact, one of those stories was from a firend of mine. The last time I worked with MA flagging was at VIR. Two of us SE guys went to work, and a couple more were there to drive. One was going to be in DE3, and the other came up on Sunday to shake down a Spec E30.

My buddy had been in DE3 for two SE events with no trouble. Matt knows how to handle his Miata, and quite well, too. Matt contacted the MA officials and was cleared to register for DE3. So, before we left Clemson, Matt pulled his passenger seat, so that he could fit an extra set of wheels in his car and not bring his tire trailer. I think I carried a second set up in the back of my Civic. We get to VIR Saturday morning, and Matt is told that he can't run DE3 because he doesn't have enough experience. He argued the point and told them that he allowed to register and that as a result his car had no passenger seat. He was told that MA's DE3 sessions were "faster" than SE's DE3 sessions, lol. Matt ended up driving my Civic in the first DE2 sessions on Saturday AND Sunday with an instructor. After the first sessions on both days he was soloed and drove his car.

AnthonyF
12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I take corners every time im at the track. At the end of the drag strip i gotta bust a u-turn. hahahaha

Thighs
12-06-2007, 09:59 PM
LOL ^^

AnthonyF
12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
who needs turns when you have a solid rear axle?

matthewAPM
12-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I take corners every time im at the track. At the end of the drag strip i gotta bust a u-turn. hahahaha

You think your such a bada**, come out to a autocross and prove yourself.