PDA

View Full Version : 99 cl wiring help ASAP

TRDwasiq
11-23-2007, 06:18 PM
so i am puttin a headunit in 99 acura cl.. i usually dont use connecters.. i just cut the stock harness and do it frm install dr. now that i bought a connecter i connected everything ..like same color wire to same color.. but still its not working.. need help

Benefit
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
RED TO YELLOW ASS ****

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
anyone els besidess this ass h ole ^^^

BanginJimmy
11-24-2007, 12:36 AM
check your cars wiring diagram and match it to your harness and radio wiring diagram and make sure they match. Its not unusual for colors to be different.

patrick4588
11-24-2007, 12:57 AM
just buy metra harnesses and dont worry about cutting ****. its plug and play

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 01:53 AM
thats wht i did

patrick4588
11-24-2007, 02:10 AM
responding to who

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 02:29 AM
you :) i connected the same wires to same color to after market connector:) but still not turnin on.. head unit is brand new i checked it by pluggin on to battery

patrick4588
11-24-2007, 08:41 AM
you :) i connected the same wires to same color to after market connector:) but still not turnin on.. head unit is brand new i checked it by pluggin on to battery

no. metra makes harnesses that involve no cutting whatsoever. its completely plug and play.

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-24-2007, 10:16 AM
CD player is probably the easiest install ever.

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
no. metra makes harnesses that involve no cutting whatsoever. its completely plug and play.
yea i didnt have to cut anything.. i just plugged it to stock one and connected to cd player harness... same color wires like yellow to yellow red to red black to black and all other speakers wires

Turbo04
11-24-2007, 12:54 PM
It would be best if you had DMM to test power at the harness, but it not check the fuse for that ciruit in the fuse panel. I believe there is a cirucit under hood as well that has to do with the radio, if I remember correctly some of the hondas around that year and before had a fuse in that slot that was too low for aftermarket radios.

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 04:01 PM
so should i check the fuse under the hood>??? and wht if the fuse is too low for the aftermarket radio..?/ its 20amp wht should i change it to?
thx.. and like i got the power on but there is no sound coming frm speakesr

Turbo04
11-24-2007, 05:31 PM
so should i check the fuse under the hood>??? and wht if the fuse is too low for the aftermarket radio..?/ its 20amp wht should i change it to?
thx.. and like i got the power on but there is no sound coming frm speakesr

If the radio has power, meaning it comes on (powers up) and everything then the problem is not the fuse. The fuse I'm talking about under hood is like a 5amp I think and they need to be changed to 10 amp. Do NOT go under the hood and just start replacing fuses with higher rated ones. I cannot remember the exact fuse, or if the car your talking about even has a need for a replacement.

FYI here is the wiring harness for your car:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/182.html

It's really hard to help you trouble shoot this stuff over the net when your not being very descriptive. I was under the impression that the radio was not even powering on, yet in your last post you said it's on but no sound. Two very different problems. If the sound is not playing but the unit has power either
a: the car has an OEM amp somewhere that needs to be powered up
b: one or more speakers is blown causing the unit to go into protect
c: Short in a wire somewhere cause the same as b
d: Are the speakers even connected?
E: unit is faulty
F: many other possibilitys

Why did you change the radio in the first place? We need much more info then "it's not coming on" to help solve the problem.

Tech5
11-24-2007, 05:56 PM
here is a wiring diagramhttp://www.alldatapro.com/alldata/PRO~V71491044~C33300~R0~OB0~P4R0H~N/0/70910848/78322612/78322613/78322615/34853741/34866247/34866341/34866448/34866451/83803158/78743126

Tech5
11-24-2007, 06:01 PM
this one is better

Turbo04
11-24-2007, 10:57 PM
yes red x's are the best diagram's

TRDwasiq
11-24-2007, 11:29 PM
If the radio has power, meaning it comes on (powers up) and everything then the problem is not the fuse. The fuse I'm talking about under hood is like a 5amp I think and they need to be changed to 10 amp. Do NOT go under the hood and just start replacing fuses with higher rated ones. I cannot remember the exact fuse, or if the car your talking about even has a need for a replacement.

FYI here is the wiring harness for your car:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/182.html

It's really hard to help you trouble shoot this stuff over the net when your not being very descriptive. I was under the impression that the radio was not even powering on, yet in your last post you said it's on but no sound. Two very different problems. If the sound is not playing but the unit has power either
a: the car has an OEM amp somewhere that needs to be powered up
b: one or more speakers is blown causing the unit to go into protect
c: Short in a wire somewhere cause the same as b
d: Are the speakers even connected?
E: unit is faulty
F: many other possibilitys

Why did you change the radio in the first place? We need much more info then "it's not coming on" to help solve the problem.
ok my friend had to change the battery... when he put the new one in.. the radio asked for code.. and when he called the dealership they made stupid **** sayin we are gona charge soo he went and bought a new one..
so today i went under the hood and checked the fuse and it was blown .then i changed it .power came on.. but no sound coming out of speakers//well we were thinking there must be a security problem or something.. and where is oem amp is located?? and how do i powered it up/...
let me knw wht u can do plz../

Benefit
11-24-2007, 11:34 PM
theres no security on aftermarket radios...

Turbo04
11-24-2007, 11:56 PM
He is talking about the OEM radio. Honda had a code you had to put in, although that is BS about the charging thing. You can call and get the code free. Any whoo, is the car a bose or sometype of OEM system like that? It would say it on the radio or possibly the speaker grills. I do not know if that car has a factory amp, although it is sounding like it might. If it does (I'm not saying it has one) it would be powered up by connecting the turn on wire in the OEM harness to the blue/white wire in an aftermarket harness. (this can also be connected to the red wire, but I wouldn't) I seem to remember from my installing days (i'm not positive on this, it's a bit fuzzy) but I thought I came across an acura around that year that had an amp (think it was bose) behind the passenger side rear seat. Any who what you want to look for is in the aftermarket harness is there a blue or blue/white wire that runs to the OEM connector? (i'm thinking it's blue, if so you want to connect the blue/white coming off the radio to this blue wire. Remember that we are still talking about the aftermarket harness, you should not have to cut ANY wires that are already in teh car) If there is no blue/white running to the car connection but there is ablue what this is doing is connecting the radio amp turn on to the car's power ant. connection (provided there is a wire on the car side that connects to the blue at the connector) Sometimes car's OEM amps are connected through the car's power ant connection.

Blue = Power antena
Blue/White = Remote Turn on

(AFTER MARKET ONLY)

Turbo04
11-24-2007, 11:57 PM
theres no security on aftermarket radios...

Oh and that is NOT correct either Kenwoods and Eclipse both come to mind straight away. Both have to be activated first though.....

TRDwasiq
11-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh and that is NOT correct either Kenwoods and Eclipse both come to mind straight away. Both have to be activated first though.....
well thx alot for ur help i got it working.. it was stupid blue antenna wire:D

Turbo04
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
well thx alot for ur help i got it working.. it was stupid blue antenna wire:D

k good man, enjoy!

sonic30101
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
i havent had too much luck maing bose amps turn on and work with aftrmarket radios, if the radio is powered up w no sound, you need to bypass the factory amp by unplugging the factory amp and jumping the speaker wires from the input to the output to get the aftermarket radio straight to the speakers, also the ohm reading on the bose speakers may not be 4 ohms and may cause issues with the radio

Turbo04
11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
i havent had too much luck maing bose amps turn on and work with aftrmarket radios, if the radio is powered up w no sound, you need to bypass the factory amp by unplugging the factory amp and jumping the speaker wires from the input to the output to get the aftermarket radio straight to the speakers, also the ohm reading on the bose speakers may not be 4 ohms and may cause issues with the radiodepending on the bose system what you said is true. The older nissans had a bose or something like that you had to replace speakers or rewire them due the ohm issue. But he already go it working.

savincent
11-28-2007, 06:59 PM
lol, was about to post up a fix, but Turbo04 beat me to it! :P

I had the exact same problem in my 98 CL, I spent an hour ****ing around with it before it worked.