PDA

View Full Version : Health & Wellness section?

C22H19N3O4
07-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Perhaps you guys can make room for a Health and Wellness section? The only drawback would be members seeking medical advice or putting to use a suggestion by another member that resulted in injury/complications. A disclaimer should suffice? I am not advocating diagnosing illnesses or recommending medical treatments, but perhaps sharing homeopathic remedies. Also, we can keep members abreast of illnesses i.e West Nile and Mad Cow. Furthermore, it seems like there are members that want to share workout programs and dietary supplementaion. The topics pertaining to Health do not seem to mesh well with the topics in the Whoreslounge, Politcial, or the Civil threads. Retract this suggestion if you feel IA would have to bear any liability issues. :)

Brett
07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Would be a great idea, I just more would worry some one might try and hold IA liable for anything they read, that they did that hurt them, etc.

quickdodgeŽ
07-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Not because I think you're an idiot, PharmTeg, but I don't think that would be a good idea. Solely because, like Brett said, no one is qualified on here to be giving out medical advice. I would just leave that up to the pros. Later, QD.

C22H19N3O4
07-28-2005, 11:16 PM
I agree with both you, but as I stated in the OP we can refrain from giving medical advice. I wanted the forum to be more health releated and not medically connected even though there is a fine line. Perhaps a MOD can post a disclaimer and watch over the forum to make sure no one is asking for medical advice or dishing out medical treatments, unless they are licensed to do so. Again. I just wanted to share any new advancements in treatments ( but not giving advice to cure a particular illness), share some dietary ideas, post clinical trials for new drugs which may help members, and maybe have members share some stories about illnesses they recovered from, thus encouraging others to seek help. Just a thought guys.

Julio
08-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Lets try it out and see how it goes. If not a good forum well take it off.. But I kinda like the idea.

C22H19N3O4
08-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Great new forums Julio!

quickdodgeŽ
08-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I agree with both you, but as I stated in the OP we can refrain from giving medical advice. I wanted the forum to be more health releated and not medically connected even though there is a fine line. Perhaps a MOD can post a disclaimer and watch over the forum to make sure no one is asking for medical advice or dishing out medical treatments, unless they are licensed to do so. Again. I just wanted to share any new advancements in treatments ( but not giving advice to cure a particular illness), share some dietary ideas, post clinical trials for new drugs which may help members, and maybe have members share some stories about illnesses they recovered from, thus encouraging others to seek help. Just a thought guys.

I see where you're coming from, now, man. Good call. Later, QD.