PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal?

nipponLIFE
11-22-2007, 06:45 PM
ok so i feel super need-y cuz i keep blowin up this motorcycle section lol but i have another question..

ok so part of my brake pedal is broke off and i was wondering if any other suzuki bike's brake pedal will fit on my bike....especially a gsxr cuz those are ALOT easier to come by...the TL, gsx, katana all use the same actual lever...and the part loooks like mine for my bandit..and i was just wondering if would work? is it possible to make it work? (while remaining safe)

once again guys thanks for all ur input!

Smittie61984
11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Coming by a wrecked "Gixxer" is like looking for a needle in a stack of needles in which any needle will do. They're everywhere and easy to come by. So I'd try that. You can probably Ebay it for cheap or even go to a junkyard. Or a local shop might have some spares from other wrecked bikes. If it's cheap enough I'd get the GSXR lever because odds are they are the same. If not just add it to a collection of stuff that will come in handy later on down the road if you stay into motorcycles.

How bad is the brake broken? Is it still usuable? If it is and doesn't affect anything then I'd leave it alone. The Rear brakes are about the worste thing on a street bike and a great way to wreck. There is one profesional street bike racer who in an interview was asked if he ever used the Rear brake while racing. He said he did 3times and wrecked everytime.

Best thing to do is call a shop and tell them your situation. They'd probably have the answer. I have my work done by Livengood Motorsports and the guy use to do service work for a Suzuki dealership so he knows Suzukis pretty well. They can also order Suzuki parts or aftermarket parts if you need it. The number is 770-913-8340

David88vert
11-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Ever wonder why race bikes are required to have a functioning rear brake? Try going off track once and using your front brake and you will find out fast.

If you go off track, you will want a good rear brake. If you are on the street, you can stop fast using both front and rear, than just front. If you are wrecking from using the rear brake, you need to learn how to ride.

Get a new brake pedal off Ebay. They should popup available for cheap every few days.

Smittie61984
11-22-2007, 09:49 PM
True Dave. I had a friend who got a new streetbike after riding dirtbike for years. I told him "Don't use your rear heavily". He said "You're suppose to use your rear". 4days later he crashed it trying to stop and slid out of control.

And the guy who bought my old bike to resale had someone test ride it and crash it using the rear.

Emergency stops it helps to have a rear brake. But I keep my worn out rears on so I don't have to worry about locking up when you are panicing.